Nikkatsu's Sushi Typhoon

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
mirkoraba
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Re: Nikkatsu's Sushi Typhoon + Mizui Maki (:love: :love:)

Post by mirkoraba »

Yeah the ending was crazy :D

Battlefield Baseball is one of my favorites. I think Deadball really lost the stupid innocense of it
and the jokes turned too speculative. But that's how expecations can ruin films for you, I guess.
I did enjoy Deadball somewhat though, but the baseball robot was a disappointment.

Kenkichi looks interesting :)
Shogun
Jackie Chan's BIG toe

Re: Nikkatsu's Sushi Typhoon + Alien vs Ninja

Post by Shogun »

[quote="HungFist"]Alien vs. Ninja (2010)

The female star of AvN, Mika Hijii, is no stranger to ninja films. She co-starred alongside Scott Adkins in the US production Ninja (2009), and played the lead role in Seiji Chiba's 2009 kunoichi (female ninja) film Nukenin, in which she really gets to display her action talent while killing a few dozen sneaky ninjas and dirty samurais with swords and fists. Sadly, the film isn't nearly as much fun as AvN, featuring a dull storyline, no aliens, and placing its best action scenes in the beginning of the film. She has also acted in the tokusatsu shows Garo and Kamen Rider Blade.

AvN is a very cool film indeed - I love it!!! Mika Hijii looked really sexy in her black get-up. Rouge Ninja was the weakest of the two. I haven't seen the new Garo series yet, but am looking forward to it!
Shogun
Jackie Chan's BIG toe

Post by Shogun »

Here's my review for Tomie: Unlimited.
http://diversejapan.com/2012/02/21/dvd- ... ru-iguchi/

The DVD Special Features video interview with director Noboru Iguchi is very revealing and worth getting for this alone - a strange fellow indeed!!!
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

I friend of mine bashed the film half a year ago, but now you actually got me interested in it... Iguchi is a great guy, usually funnier than his films... Zaborgar would be an exception, though.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Mutant Girls US BD
http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... -may-22nd/

Yoshie Zero included, good!
Shogun
Jackie Chan's BIG toe

Post by Shogun »

HungFist wrote:I friend of mine bashed the film half a year ago, but now you actually got me interested in it... Iguchi is a great guy, usually funnier than his films... Zaborgar would be an exception, though.
Included on the R2 DVD there is a very insightful interview with director Iguchi - very open and honest about some of his "other" films - worth paying out just for that!
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Shogun wrote:
HungFist wrote:I friend of mine bashed the film half a year ago, but now you actually got me interested in it... Iguchi is a great guy, usually funnier than his films... Zaborgar would be an exception, though.
Included on the R2 DVD there is a very insightful interview with director Iguchi - very open and honest about some of his "other" films - worth paying out just for that!
Yeah, got the BD, mainly for the interview (by Norman England). An excellent interview indeed, mostly concentrating on Iguchi's AV career, and pretty much worth the price of the disc alone.

Didn't find the film too bad either. Suprising amounts of handmade Nishimura gore and some amusing ideas, though gets a bit boring towards the end when too much CGI crawls into the frame.

2014 edit

Mizui Maki's directorial debut Kept (Ra) now has its own thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6732