Heads Up: "24" prequel - Tonight 9m (Sky 1)

Discussion of Television Shows & Channels
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Heads Up: "24" prequel - Tonight 9m (Sky 1)

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,

Tonight Sjy 1 are showing a "prequel" of 24 (a curtain raiser to the start of Season 4?). I'm not sure when that will be on Sky 1.

I havent seen the end of S3 yet :doh: :( Really looking forward to S4 though, I had no idea S4 was coming, I heard about the "prequel" (preview) with little fanfare.
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

Damnit I can't believe I missed this! I heard about it on the official [b]24[/b] forums.

It's a 10 minute bridge to explain how some of the events from the end of [b]24 : Season 3[/b] relate to the new season.

Did anyone tape this? Does anyone know where I can download it? And I'm not buying the [b]R1[/b] boxset of [b]24 : Season 3[/b] just for 10 minutes of extra footage!
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

24 Season 4

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,

Season 4 starts on Sky 1 on Sunday! :D :wOOt:

Who's going to start the official 24 thread then? :D

I heard that the Muslim council want 24 banned on Sky 1 because of the way it (according to them) shows Muslims/Islam badly.
At least they've seen the show (the first 5 episodes anyway) which is more than can be said for the people who wanted the Springer opera banned ;)

I'm very tempted to buy one of the cheap 24 boxsets, TBH I dont care if one line of dialogue is missing in the R2 of S2 (I think) ;)
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Heads up S4 begins tonight with a double bill on Sky 1 from 9pm :wOOt:

:D
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

Can't wait!

Nobody better phone me between 9pm & 11pm tonight!!!

<KIEFER VOICE>

"The following takes place between 7am and 8 am."

Woohoo!
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I liked the Guardian ad I saw for this -

Hostage Shooting
Aeroplane Crashing
Wife Cheating
Heroin Taking
Keeper of the Peace

You have been warned... 24 Season 4.

:cool:

I think it was hinted at in the preview [b]Jack[/b] has come off his heroin use but I'm not sure.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Just a note - Sundays episode (s) are repeated the following Monday at 10pm on Sky 1. :D
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Who saw this then?
Excellent, gripping stuff, some scenes seemed scarily like recent world events :o (The hostage taking at the end of episode 2).
I guess its easy to see why some people might be offended by the bad guys being Muslims/Turks.

Are the Araz family the real bad guys of this series then? The father is domineering and not very nice to his son is he? Does he hate his son's g/f just because she's an American or what?

There was a good scene between the Defence Secretary (?) and his son though, when the dad says "America has enemies" he answers "Oh yeah, enemies who were our friends a year ago, then in another year it'll change again" *cough*Iraq*cough* exposing how stupid that is.
I did like the Michael Moore reference though :D