5-Star television series?

Discussion of Television Shows & Channels
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

3 more seasons, with only 16 episodes in each.

romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

gasteropod wrote:
sky75 wrote:By the way Lost never had a five-year plan. They were planning and making up each season as they went along but expected the story to be told in three or four seasons. Of course it's now going to be about seven seasons long.
Basically your whole post is wrong.
Yup on Lost if you listen to commentaries, read up on tv shows and watch all extras, They say 5 years many times and that they had a plan from the word go. I aint seen Season 2, so dont know whats to come or care yet, but they stated many times a plan set firmly from the word go. Watch all the extras on Season 1 for proof :D

It may have changed now, but the basic story will end the same I am sure unless people get the sack :D

Also Prison break says some silimar things on the commentaries too, planned as more than 2 seasons, well at the time of recording extras etc.. thats the thing it always may chanage plans according to cash made, or lost etc.. :) Prison Breaks commentaries are very ogod by the way, well ones with cast anyway. Again I have yet to see season 2 of this either :D

I am mainly going by what these sorts of show creators say at the beginning :) they may well change by second season or more etc.. as studio people are never very accurate in the end as few shows get 100% their own ways.

Still I can bet my life 24 has no plans :D and thats the way we like it. I want jack on the Moon fighting aliens next season!

IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

romerojpg wrote:Still I can bet my life 24 has no plans :D and thats the way we like it. I want jack on the Moon fighting aliens next season!
And thats exactly why the first half of Season 1 was the strongest from a multi-layered story point of view.

Everything built up with separate mysteries that intertwine & keep you gripped right until the half way point, for the original 12 episodes they were given the green light for.

Thats the reason why the following seasons (Season 6 in particular) are pretty weak in this respect - because they only plan ahead for a few episodes.

It is particularly evident in Season 6 - watch it & see how the story chops & changes & rewrites were obviously done during filming...

I hope this next season is planned more than 2 or 3 episodes ahead, for the show's sake! It really needs a boost in the form of good (& fresh) writing.

And I damn well DON'T want Jack on the moon fighting aliens next season!
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server

grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Even I don't want that.

EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Jack Bauer rooting green alien women would be most welcome though. Also a fight with Chuck Norris.

Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Last time Baur went up against a ginge he got his ass whupped!

EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Shingster wrote:Last time Baur went up against a ginge he got his ass whupped!
As great as Jack Bauer is, he didn't think to fry the ginger's sensitive skin with some UV rays? For shame.