The Video Game Thread - what are you playing?

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: The Video Game Thread - what are you playing?

Post by Yi-Long »

thelostdragon wrote:Did you beat the story? I did and now I'm working on 100%.
No, not yet. I'm still in Hell. I do a couple of levels at a time, just doing my best to get a good time on it, and then stop and go do something else. I could 'rush' through the game, but I like it better this way. I'm excited that I still have so many levels left to play. :)
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Yi-Long wrote:
thelostdragon wrote:I'm excited that I still have so many levels left to play. :)
It has about 340 levels. Once you beat it, many new worlds open. Also you have the dark world and the warp zones. There is a world I opened, called "The Internets". I don't know how I opened it, but after I had beaten some level I received the message "You found 'The Internets'..."
It basically means that when the 2 makers of this game created new levels they upload them there and there you can play them for free.
It's a shame that the level editor will only work for PC, because for us Xbox people that would have meant unlimited levels in the future. You are only allowed to upload your level if you have beaten it yourself, as a proof that it is actually beatable.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

thelostdragon wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:
thelostdragon wrote:I'm excited that I still have so many levels left to play. :)
It has about 340 levels. Once you beat it, many new worlds open. Also you have the dark world and the warp zones. There is a world I opened, called "The Internets". I don't know how I opened it, but after I had beaten some level I received the message "You found 'The Internets'..."
It basically means that when the 2 makers of this game created new levels they upload them there and there you can play them for free.
It's a shame that the level editor will only work for PC, because for us Xbox people that would have meant unlimited levels in the future. You are only allowed to upload your level if you have beaten it yourself, as a proof that it is actually beatable.
Yeah, I also unlocked that The Internets. I checked out some levels but basically I'm just going to do the main story first.

Also, in one level I suddeny went into a secret warp or something (I think it was in the Hell World as well), and like the normal warp world you only get 3 lifes and after that you go back to the map. However, when I went back to the level where I dropped into that warp, it wasn't there anymore, hence why I called it 'secret'. It was a bit weird.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Gawd I love Super Meat Boy. :clap: I'm now in the last (light) world, and it's still fucking awesome.

Also received LBP2 CE for the PS3, so been playing that a bit as well. Really bought it for the Create-mode, but you need to go through the whole story-mode to unlock all the cool stuff and such. Extra bummer is the fact that you need to play it with other people in some levels to get 100%. Bastards.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Is Super Meat Boy only on 360?!
Finishing off Super Paper Mario now - it's a good game but not as good as the previous one on 'Cube. The story is well done though.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Yi-Long wrote:Also, in one level I suddeny went into a secret warp or something (I think it was in the Hell World as well), and like the normal warp world you only get 3 lifes and after that you go back to the map. However, when I went back to the level where I dropped into that warp, it wasn't there anymore, hence why I called it 'secret'. It was a bit weird.
I'm sure you found the warp zone in the dark world as it only shows up on the map of the light world. Check it out. It should be a yellow square right next to the very first level on the map. You can start the secret warp level from there.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

thelostdragon wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:Also, in one level I suddeny went into a secret warp or something (I think it was in the Hell World as well), and like the normal warp world you only get 3 lifes and after that you go back to the map. However, when I went back to the level where I dropped into that warp, it wasn't there anymore, hence why I called it 'secret'. It was a bit weird.
I'm sure you found the warp zone in the dark world as it only shows up on the map of the light world. Check it out. It should be a yellow square right next to the very first level on the map. You can start the secret warp level from there.
I'll check it out tomorrow. I just wasted a couple of hours shaving milliseconds of my times in the 5th world (Rapture). Gawd, I love this game so much.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Fuck me! Did you try getting that bandage in Chapter 4 - Dark World - Level 3? I've been trying for 20 minutes now! :rage:
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

thelostdragon wrote:Fuck me! Did you try getting that bandage in Chapter 4 - Dark World - Level 3? I've been trying for 20 minutes now! :rage:
I'm not really doing the Dark World yet, although I've given the first world a try. Also I'm not really going after all the bandages yet. If I can pick some up, I do, but mostly I focus on getting all levels A+ and just getting a decent time on them :)

I'm sure it will be difficult though :)
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Just completed Super Paper Mario on Wii (finally).
Clever story, nice game :)
degeneration
Royal Tramp

Post by degeneration »

Been playing Black Ops on the Wii recently... Only bothered with the online multiplayer. Am up to level 50 now, so almost at the prestige.

Felt like a bit of a moron when I only discovered, when at level 49 that there were challenges to unlock the Pro versions of each of the perks. Hadn't noticed that before! So gone all that time with the plane bog standard normal perks. Duh.
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

I just can't get into Black Ops. I'm playing it on 360 (won a copy in a promo at work) and the campaign just isn't gripping me. I'm playing through on Veteran, and I'd say it's more frustrating and boring than the last few. Maybe I'm just tired of the franchise. The multiplayer hasn't changed for the last 4 years so I'm not even bothering with that.

I think I'll stick to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 until Battlefield 3 arrives...
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Sell me your "Black Ops" copy then.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Goldeneye (Wii) - just recieved it today and am enjoying it so far :)
degeneration
Royal Tramp

Post by degeneration »

not played Goldeneye yet. Got it but still to play it. How's the multiplayer compare to Black Ops?

I'd only played COD: MW before black ops, and at first I prefered it as I got annihilated on my first few goes of Black Ops despite regularly doing pretty well in MW. But I now prefer Black Ops as I pretty much relied on the grenade launcher in MW as it frequently took way too many bullets to kill people in MW.

Have noticed a lot of people playing it recently who are either genuinely very good, or are cheating at it and have auto-aiming or something. The number of times I've pumped bullets at them and they've not died only for them to fire a few shots at me and I die, is getting ridiculous.

I've completed level 50 now, and am just deciding whether to prestige or not. Not convinced the benefits of doing it are worth having to work my way through it all again.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Don't know about Black Ops, never played it :P Only just started Goldeneye, changed the controls so they were a bit easier. It was hard for me to move around with the wii remote controls at first (I'm right handed but hold the nunchuck in my left hand).
Havent played the MP yet, will try soon.
degeneration
Royal Tramp

Post by degeneration »

I play with the nunchuck in my left and control in the right hand too, and am also right handed. Is just something to get used to.

Had a quick play of Goldeneye after I made the post last night, trying out the multiplayer. It was pretty decent, but just seemed slower paced than Black Ops. As the button layout was different to Black Ops, took a little getting used to (can you customise the buttons to your own choice? I didn't see that option).

I felt the layout of the screens and stuff on Black Ops were better, and gave a better overall impression, but I think the graphics in Goldeneye were maybe slightly on top. Think it deserves more of a play to give a better evaluation. If only I wasn't in the middle of trying to complete a few challenges in Black Ops!!

grim - is your wii soft-modded for things like the homebrew channel?
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Unfortunately it isn't modded now :( There's probably some workaround and someone will crack the latest Wii firmware eventually. Shame there isnt a Freeloader type disc anymore :(
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

"Dead Island" - Official Announcement Trailer

Beautifully sad. And yet, it seems like it will be a gory and also great game...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Seems very sad and moving with the music :( Just look in the father's eyes near the end :(
I hear its on PC, so maybe I'll be able to play it.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I don't really give a shit about zombies, so it's nice that the focus in this trailer is on the emotional impact of such an attack, instead of the usual predictable crap.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I agree with you Yi :)
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Playing two rentals at the moment: Split/Second and Assassin's Creed II.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

gasteropod wrote:Playing two rentals at the moment: Split/Second and Assassin's Creed II.
How much did you pay for those rentals? You can already buy those games at 10-12 pounds each. AC2 (GOTY) is about 12-13 pounds or something. Maybe even cheaper when you keep an eye out for sales.