Lemme see, it feels like DICE made a cheap Battlefield: Bad Company 2 mod, by stripped away everything that was great about that game and tried to turn it into a CoD4 clone. In the objective-based mode Combat Mission, there's absolutely no structure to teamwork, it's a scattered mess. There's no destruction and the soundwork is utterly lacklustre.
EA LA's Single Player component has leaning, prone and at least some destruction (likely nowhere near as extensive as in Bad Company 2 though) . DICE's MP has none of these.
Worthy of praise though is:-
- * The technical optimisation (it runs like a dream)
* Marvellous netcode (virtually no noticeable lag when playing on 200+ ping US servers).
* Effort for some authenticity. Eg Americans and Taliban have unique sets of weapons, a la Counter-Strike. Americans have their AR15 derivative rifles, Taliban use Kalashnikov derivatives.
They've actually addressed most complaints of their direct competitor, Modern Warfare 2.
- * No perks, you only unlock new guns and attachments.
* No over-powered, cheap as hell killstreaks, like helicopter gunships, AC130 and nukes. Just mortar strike and rocket strike.
* Explosions have been nerfed into the ground, they have no splash damage. Obvious emphasis on actually killing people with bullets rather than with rifle nades.
* It's definitely not as camper friendly as CoD. Depending on the side you're playing as, you have C4 or IEDs that have to be activated manually, they aren't motion sensitive like the claymores in CoD.
In the end though, the bad points of the game over-shadow the good by quite a margin. This game is absolutely not worth buying solely for the MP component.