Grand Theft Auto 4

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Grand Theft Auto 4

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Grand Theft Auto 4 is currently set for simultaneous release on X360 and PS3 in late October 2007. It is rumoured to be set in a satire of a large European city this time, all signs thus far are pointing to London.

If you recall the PS2 era trilogy of GTA3 (Liberty City = New York), Vice City (Miami) and San Andreas (LA) were all recreations of the cities that appeared in GTA1. 1969 London was the setting for the GTA1 expansion pack. If so, then it should kick the shit out of the vastly overrated Getaway series.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

I didn't really like the expansion pack. Not because you had to get used to driving on the left, as this was only a matter of minutes, but the game itself didn't rock as much as the first part.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

thelostdragon wrote:I didn't really like the expansion pack. Not because you had to get used to driving on the left, as this was only a matter of minutes, but the game itself didn't rock as much as the first part.
GTA1&2 were decent, but nothing compared to GTA3 - which was a revelation when I first played it in 2001 on PS2.

I thought that they made GTA1 way too hard. I mean c'mon, only having a limited number of lives?! It's not a platform game FFS.