Scientology - Panorama - Wow Scary!!

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Scientology - Panorama - Wow Scary!!

Post by slasher13 »

Did anyone watch this last night, how scary is Scientology?
One of the things is why Scientology has a Cross to look like it is a part of Christian and have churches. As far as I can see, Scientology has nothing to do with Christians at all? I didn't like the way the Scientology followed the reporter and kinda understand why the reporter lost his rag on him
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

It's just a scam on global scale, conning people out of loads of money.

Anyway, who the fuck takes a genesis story seriously that entails the following?:-
An evil alien overlord's solution to galactic overpopulation - Flying aliens in 1958 passenger planes across the stars to 3D theatres to watch brainwashing movies about Christ and shit, then dropping these beings into prehistoric Earth's volcanoes. Later these dead alien soul's attach themselves to cavemen.

They also believe that humans evolved from clams. If the fact that the "religion" was started by a pedophilic science fiction writer doesn't set off someone's dodgy alarm, then these are bloody morons, even if they were vulnerable victims of conmen. Eg During the filming of Vanilla Sky Jason Lee was in a sad place because of his split with his wife, the Cruiser took advantage of his vulnerable state and recruited the poor guy.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

You know the chaps running the "Personality Test" boothes on the high streets? They're probably the biggest victims of them all. They've been suckered by the upper-level conmen and are scrapping up really low wages running those boothes just to pay the ridiculous fee required to achieve the next Thetan level up.

All the crap bout aliens and galactic overlords you'd imagine is pretty common knowledge since it's fairly widespread in mainstream pop culture, but you'd be surprised that these low level grunts often don't know about it. It is supposed to be classified information that is not revealed until one achieves a certain Operating Level.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I missed it but the reporter looked completely unprofessional to me. I wonder if it will get a repeat. Did anyone sane ever take the religion seriously?

EDIT: It's repeated on the 18th of May (Friday) at 00:25 on BBC 1.
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

bradavon wrote:I missed it but the reporter looked completely unprofessional to me. I wonder if it will get a repeat. Did anyone sane ever take the religion seriously?
Watch the documentary fully, the clip currently looks unprofessional, however if I was in his shoes, would I react after what he has been through..

Maybe..
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

So all you want to discuss is the BBC reporter going apeshit?

BTW torrent here.
http://www.mininova.org/tor/705862
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

Brad, download the torrent and check it out. I don't understand how many actors do fall under this spell? What is it that is different from other religion, is it because it is classed as elite? If a religion requires you to have peace of mind, by forking out loads of money, is not really religion. There is a difference between this and charity which other religion ask for. These people ask for loads of money, then you go up a level.

What is more scary, is that this group seems to be above the law, when you watch the documentary, please tell me is that legal to do, stalking a guy and harassing? I'm surprised that Christian don't mind or haven't voiced out on this group using their symbols.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I meant to watch this but missed it, will try to catch the repeat.
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

The BBC have a link so that you can watch the programme over t'internet here. I think it only works for UK residents though...
The reporter losing his rag was pretty amusing, and probably inevitable.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

slasher13 wrote:
bradavon wrote:I missed it but the reporter looked completely unprofessional to me. I wonder if it will get a repeat. Did anyone sane ever take the religion seriously?
Watch the documentary fully, the clip currently looks unprofessional, however if I was in his shoes, would I react after what he has been through..
Was the guy he ranted at involved in that? If not it's not justification IMO.

Not that I've seen the show.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

They are ALL involved, as they are a hive mind. Aliens are like that donyaknow.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

I watched the doco. Wow, they're pretty hardcore. Tailing the crew, spying on them, digging up all sorts of dirt upon their opposition to spoil their reputation. Can't really blame the BBC reporter dude for going apeshit under all those circumstances.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I think the reporter was restrained actually.

I wanted him to knock that obnoxious cunt out.

I hope this doc serves as a warning to all those Thetans who dismiss Scientology as a tiny cult: they're watching you know!?!

:alien:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I saw it too. Some scary shit.

I noticed it had footage cut though that was shown during the BBC News 24 clip from earlier in the day. It had footage of the journalist following that Scientology dude (right after they had a confrontation outside and he stormed off) and the journalist said "in my country we have freedom of speech". This wasn't in the documentary.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

That footage was in the documentary, you must have missed it.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Not that line.

It's only a few minutes long (that section), the guy storms off, the journalist follows him as per both BBC New 24 and the actual documentary but that line is not said.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

I clearly remembering him saying it, it's also in the early leaked YouTube clip.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Was going through my HD today and discovered this ep still saved (I downloaded it rather than watching it live) and I checked the scene in question and it cuts short of the bit when he should've said "n my country we have freedom of speech", so I stand corrected. Must have been remembering it from the leaked youtube clips.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I knew I was right :D

Thanks for the honesty.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

:D