Labour have really lost it!

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Labour have really lost it!

Post by bradavon »

Foreign Secretary David Miliband has suggested the European Union should work towards including Russia, Middle Eastern and North African countries.
Read on: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7095657.stm

Europe Union members cannot currently get on, there are still lots of European countries not in the Europe Union (and haven't been asked), Turkey after many years is still a controversial subject and Labour wants non-European countries to join!

Russia and The Middle East in the EU??? Can you imagine the chaos that would cause. Not that it would ever happen.

EDIT: The news says Miliband means the "Free Trade Agreement" not EU membership.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Has Milliband started shaving yet??
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

Well there is some fears in the US that they would combine Mexico and Canada to form North American Union, see http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=14965

An conspiracy theorist may say all this talk, would ultimately form the one world government
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Well 2012 is fast approaching after all ;)
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

LOL @ that. European Union is a joke anyway? What kind of union are they talking about. There is no union between a German person and a French person. They don't feel related in anyway, just because their countires happen to be in Europe.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I agree the Union isn't as rosy as politicians mostly outside of the UK and some in the UK make out but it is more unified that you make out LD.

Have you not seen the recent German and French politician pop song? :D .

Seriously we are more integrated than you make out, way more than any other continent on the planet but the EU is far from the type of integration a country shares, contrary to popular non-European opinion.

We have considerable trade agreements between our countries, considerable legislation and laws between EU members.
slasher13 wrote:Well there is some fears in the US that they would combine Mexico and Canada to form North American Union, see http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=14965
There is also some talk of combining the countries of South East Asia but like this it will never happen. They do have ASEAN though which goes some way towards it. The EU is a unique entity.

The trouble with a North America Union just like EU expansion is despite technically people moved would be allowed both ways in reality it would only go one way. How many Americans would want to live in Mexico? Not many!

Seriously though I doubt that is actually what Bush wants. It's much more likely he wants more open connections between the countries than outright freedom.

The American people would never stand for that and besides it's now November 2007, Bush has little over a year left in office.
Markgway wrote:Has Milliband started shaving yet??
He is a joke isn't he.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

thelostdragon wrote:There is no union between a German person and a French person.
So you're telling me you don't consider tom2681 to be your French brother from another mother? :D
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

I don't consider myself European at all, I think most English people see Europeans as different still.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Most British people don't consider themselves European, the fact is they still are. I do find it bizarre when even on the news they say "in Europe" instead of "Mainland Europe", we're in Europe too.

Personally I don't understand why people are so against it. You're European big deal, get over it. All that really means is your country is in a particular continent.

Canadians are also North American, moving on . . .