Prince Harry in Afghanistan

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Anyone who obeys orders, no matter what they are has to be a bit stupid.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

saltysam wrote:Never had Brad & Grim down as royalists. When the queen visits your area do you both go along to bend the knee and tug the forelock before her :wink:
Like Mark, I'm not a royalist :) But like Mark said its good to see he had the guts to do what he did, something most people probably wouldn't do.
I didnt know he made that quote.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Again, it has little to do with 'guts'.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

grim_tales wrote:
Like Mark, I'm not a royalist :)
you must be a patriot then,seeing as you actually pay money to go and watch the garbage england football team play :wink:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yi-Long wrote:Again, it has little to do with 'guts'.
He thinks he's doing the right thing. Believe it or not they're are actually people who think that the War in Afghanistan was a good idea. You think they've just lined up a bunch of poor peasants for him to use as target practice? Maybe put apples on their turbans? C'mon with the left wing propaganda.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

You don't think it's a good idea do you Mark?
I'm not sure, it doesnt look like we're winning or that we can win, and "we" (the allies) didn't/havent found Bin Laden.
But when the media says he's fighting the Taliban with our troops, I believe that. Whether he killed any (30 of them?) is another matter.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

grim_tales wrote: But when the media says he's fighting the Taliban with our troops, I believe that.
That says it all, you take everything for granted as the truth. The media are a bunch of bullshitters and rarley ever tell anything as it is, the fact they are giving him so much credit now for going over says it all.

It was one big publicity scandal for the papers to get excited about in the future and get exclusive interviews and pictures from, thats the ONLY reason they kept quiet about him being there as it makes better news the way it played out, and they knew it would.

I say Fuck Harry, think about the normal Joes in the army who do not have a pampered life to come home to when they get out of the army.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Who said I wasn't thinking about them? :? I agree he should be treated the same as any other soldier but also, think about it, if he was in danger, his regiment (?) would be as well and what would happen if a Prince was captured?
Why is it so impossible to believe he had been fighting the Taliban? I was responding to Mark/Yi, admist all this "he is just shooting poor Arabs" nonsense. "We" are supposedly fighting Taliban millitants, maybe it was some white guys blacked up?! ;)
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

You need to learn more about what kind of people join the Taliban, grim.
Just because they're Taliban, doesnt mean they're all 100% evil, just like 'our' armies arent 100% good (far from)
These are mostly just poor, ill-informed, unschooled people who see outsiders coming into their land and throwing it into chaos.

We have no business there.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

grim_tales wrote: what would happen if a Prince was captured?
grim_tales wrote:Why is it so impossible to believe he had been fighting the Taliban?
you answered your own question there buddy. do the math and have a long think about it. your loving approval of Hooray Henry is just what the media wants :?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

oops double post.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

All I said was good on the dude for fighting for the country :) Next time there's a military parade or whatever, at least he can say he's been there, and not all the Royals were :)
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

grim_tales wrote: Next time there's a military parade
As this War is our vietnam on a smaller scale i can't see there being much of a military parade.if there is you best set off early for pall mall and get a spot near the barrier if you want a good view :wink:
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I mean, rather I meant one of those occasions like Rememberance Day or something where all the royals come out and display their, er, "medals".
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote:You don't think it's a good idea do you Mark?
No, but then it was more understandable than Iraq. The problem is Al Queda buggered off before the troops got there and are now in.... Iraq!
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yi-Long wrote:Just because they're Taliban, doesnt mean they're all 100% evil, just like 'our' armies arent 100% good (far from)
These are mostly just poor, ill-informed, unschooled people who see outsiders coming into their land and throwing it into chaos.
Who happen to grow Heroin and persecute their people... yeah, I know... ordinary folks! Bless.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Once they start doing that, they are no longer "ordinary folk" IMO. Maybe they started out ordinary, unless folks are born evil.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

IMO haha