Post by saltysam »

fuck me on the surface this is harsh

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... t-off.html
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Man who assaults burglar is jailed!

Post by romerojpg »

I think once some knife weilding scum do that to your family, well it is open season on scum! I would chase that scumbag down the street and beat him senseless if he did that to my family, so I would als be getting nearly 3 years as well.

I hope he has brain damage so that he knows everything is going on around him, but he just cannot do anything anymore. Piece of shit deserved that beating and another few hundred for the countless other crimes he has done and been convicted of.
It should be a 3 stike and you are out justice system, he has over 50 crimes agaisnt him and many pending! 3 and death would have sorted that out years ago.

I was very happy to see they smashed the cricketbat into his head so many times they snapped it in to 3 pieces :clap: well done that dad! it is a crime to lock him him for doing in a scumbag.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I don't know :? Chasing after a guy and hitting him is one thing, hitting him so many times that he's brain damaged is another :? But what he did (burglary) was very wrong as well...
Disgusting that the intruder will not be jailed.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Ugh, this kind of stuff makes my blood boil :angry:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

grim_tales wrote:I don't know :? Chasing after a guy and hitting him is one thing, hitting him so many times that he's brain damaged is another :?
:o a gang of masked thugs with Knives were in someones house, waiting for them when a family got home! then they tied them up and said they would KIll them if they did anything, while they proceeded to do their dirty work.

Even if it was just nicked their TV they deserve a beating till they are braindead. Never mind threatning a family like that.

If someone ever came into you house, believe me you would not feel any pity in any way for anything that happenes to them. If someone has the balls to chase after 3 knife weilding scumbags, then good on them! give them a medal.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Do everything necessary to stop the guy, anything more is OTT.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote:Do everything necessary to stop the guy, anything more is OTT.
So you reckon this guy deserves jail time then?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

saltysam wrote:
bradavon wrote:Do everything necessary to stop the guy, anything more is OTT.
So you reckon this guy deserves jail time then?
Over the Top :lol: my good fucking god! you really have never in your life been a victim of crime :lol: or just walk around blind.

The scumbag has over 50 convictions for previous crimes, like that matters to scum like this. He may now learn a lesson.

Merry Christmas scum, hope you all die, in pain :clap:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

saltysam wrote:So you reckon this guy deserves jail time then?
Firstly I will say this is the Daily Mail, so not something I find too reliable. They tend to blow things up to get an argument going.

I'm not interested enough to read the article fully. I've read bits, can someone para-phrase? My point merely being, beating your intruder up, so he/she is "brain damaged" is taking it too far. Beating them up is one thing but brain damaged is another entirely. Is that what happened? Why were the burglars let off?

I wasn't trying to get involved with the ins and outs of the case. So before Romero gets all howty toity saying I'm gutless I wasn't commenting on the overall aspect of going to jail for defending yourself.

I'm not really interested in the case to be honest. Every month some article identical to this gets written and every time we have an identical argument. With everyone saying exactly the same thing.

EDIT: Too late, he's already jumped in, before I get a chance to reply. Go figure. I don't even need to read Romero's reply. I know exactly what is says.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

:lol: you did not even read the facts, well done, nothing new there. Plenty of other sites have the actual facts from the case as it was presented to the courts. But you are so thick that will not matter.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

bradavon wrote:Firstly I will say this is the Daily Mail, so not something I find too reliable.
What newspaper would you consider reliable? Something a little more to the left perhaps? Yes, The Daily Mail is a right-leaning paper, and as such takes a certain perspective on events, but it pisses me off the way lefties decry it as unreliable just because it doesn't subscribe to their peace and love world view. Facts are what they are. If you think the Mail is lying just to make a point then clearly, as Romero says, you have no clue about what goes on out there...
They tend to blow things up to get an argument going.
Yes, it's all a conspiracy. Society is actually safe and The Mail are making shit up just to scare everyone. Woohahaha!!!
I'm not interested enough to read the article fully. I've read bits, can someone para-phrase?
Then don't fucking comment. Either read it yourself or piss off back to la-la-land.
My point merely being, beating your intruder up, so he/she is "brain damaged" is taking it too far.
Some scum breaks into your house ARMED and attacks your family and we're supposed to feel sympathy when he gets the shit kicked out of him? Not a chance. The burglar should consider himself lucky he's still alive. In America he would be dead. A country where the law is actually on the householder's side.
I'm not really interested in the case to be honest.
...and yet here you are wasting our time.
Every month some article identical to this gets written and every time we have an identical argument. With everyone saying exactly the same thing.
Because this shit happens all the time and people like your refuse to accept it let alone advocate doing anything about it. What a wonderful world the place must be in Bradland where the only bad guys are in the movies.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I mostly just heard the part on the news about the burglar being chased and beaten really badly I wasnt sure of the full extent of what happened. Like I say it's disgusting the burglar gets off, but is it self defence when the guy being chased isn't in danger (there comes a point when the guy being attacked wasn't and the beating just went on and on) so hmmmm :icon_suspect: :?
WTF is reasonable force anyway, its like the Tony Martin thing, he took it too far and killed someone.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Why does it have to always be self-defence only? That immediately marks you out as a victim. The best you can hope for is to not get hurt or killed (forget about retribution). And it seemingly makes being a burglar worthwhile: If you're successful you get the goods, if not the worst you can get from a homeowner - no matter how violent you've been - is a few defensive whacks. As long as the burglar can skip off relatively unharmed everything is hunky-dory. Sorry, but the way I see it; you break into someone's house armed you have what's coming to you. If the burglar (who in this instance wasn't even alone) had been UNarmed then I would agree an absolute battering is OTT. But he was armed and could have killed. That the real victim went to jail is a farce. The Judge could at least have technically found him guilty and offered a suspended sentence (something real criminals often get).
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Markgway wrote:What newspaper would you consider reliable?
Most broadsheets.
Markgway wrote:Something a little more to the left perhaps?
Meh. You're actually obsessed. I don't pay much attention to such things. I don't know (and don't care) which papers are what. It's the way the articles are always written, deliberately to get people angry.
Markgway wrote:Yes, The Daily Mail is a right-leaning paper, and as such takes a certain perspective on events, but it pisses me off the way lefties decry it as unreliable just because it doesn't subscribe to their peace and love world view.
And you're obsessed with right wing views. Your point? You say you're not but you're just as bad, lambasting left views and decreeing right ones as the law!
Markgway wrote:Facts are what they are. If you think the Mail is lying just to make a point then clearly, as Romero says, you have no clue about what goes on out there...
Who said anything about lying? You can twist facts to suit your gain however. I have more knowledge than you guys give me credit. Romero hasn't even left his bedroom in over a decade, sorry the country.
Markgway wrote:Then don't fucking comment. Either read it yourself or piss off back to la-la-land.
I was making a general comment, not one on the article per se. As usual, you and Romero have just decided to ignore that and everyone else comments, as it suits your constitution.
Markgway wrote:Some scum breaks into your house ARMED and attacks your family and we're supposed to feel sympathy when he gets the shit kicked out of him? Not a chance.
Now you're being silly. Show me where I said remotely that? You're as bad as Romero, for inflaming things.
Markgway wrote:In America he would be dead. A country where the law is actually on the householder's side.
And gun crime is one of the highest in the world. A country that has an obscene amount of high school shootings etc... Great! Just what we want here.
Markgway wrote:..and yet here you are wasting our time.
My comment consistent of one sentence. You're the one blowing it up with a rantfest.
Markgway wrote:Because this shit happens all the time and people like your refuse to accept it let alone advocate doing anything about it.
Now you're being silly. Show me where I said remotely that? You're as bad as Romero, for inflaming things. Our contstant ranting "on here" just leads to people feeling all big and clever about themselves, nothing more.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

bradavon wrote:Most broadsheets.
So any paper that isn't a broadsheet is unreliable? I see. Glad you could share that with us.
Meh. You're actually obsessed. I don't pay much attention to such things.
Of course you don't.
And you're obsessed with right wing views. Your point? You say you're not but you're just as bad, lambasting left views and decreeing right ones as the law!
I'm not tough on crime because it's "right-wing". I'm tough on crime because I believe it to be morally correct. If that view happens to be the view of the right then so be it. I don't even consider myself right-wing. Just as I don't consider myself left anytime I lean to that direction on any topic. But there are people such as yourself who are so partisan that they can come to a predictible conclusion without even having any knowledge on the subject at hand. You came down on the 'lefty' standpoint without having read the article. All you saw was "Daily Mail" and the rest was as written.
Who said anything about lying?
>>>
Firstly I will say this is the Daily Mail, so not something I find too reliable. They tend to blow things up to get an argument going.
The implication is there for everyone to see.
I have more knowledge than you guys give me credit.
We can only go by how you come across on this forum.
Romero hasn't even left his bedroom in over a decade, sorry the country.
So what even if that were true? You thinking trekking across India somehow means you know more about the UK streets than him? Frankly I'd trust Romero's knowledge over yours. His comments may seem extreme but he knows what goes on.
I was making a general comment, not one on the article per se.
And yet everyone else was posting about the article (ie. the whole point of this thread).
And gun crime is one of the highest in the world. A country that has an obscene amount of high school shootings etc... Great! Just what we want here.
So it either has to be guns in cornflakes packets or a criminal free-for-all? Nothing ever works taken to extremes. My point is that in America the law is on the victim's side. That's not me saying we should all have guns. FTR: I'm anti-gun ownership. Just one issue that I lean to the left on.
My comment consistent of one sentence. You're the one blowing it up with a rantfest.
Because this isn't an isolated incident. If it was no one would bother much. You do it all the time, posting in every thread that's started up with some inane text that irritates the hell out of people. It must be a gift.
Our contstant ranting "on here" just leads to people feeling all big and clever about themselves, nothing more.
I'm neither big nor clever. If I was I'd be doing something more useful than arguing with a halfwit.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Markgway wrote:Why does it have to always be self-defence only? That immediately marks you out as a victim. The best you can hope for is to not get hurt or killed (forget about retribution). And it seemingly makes being a burglar worthwhile: If you're successful you get the goods, if not the worst you can get from a homeowner - no matter how violent you've been - is a few defensive whacks. As long as the burglar can skip off relatively unharmed everything is hunky-dory. Sorry, but the way I see it; you break into someone's house armed you have what's coming to you. If the burglar (who in this instance wasn't even alone) had been UNarmed then I would agree an absolute battering is OTT. But he was armed and could have killed. That the real victim went to jail is a farce. The Judge could at least have technically found him guilty and offered a suspended sentence (something real criminals often get).
Good point and I agree - the 3 guys had knives and they threatened to kill him, must have scared him shitless.
If someone tried to attack me (say with a knife) I dunno if I could attack them back, they might be bigger than me etc and I might be killed. I'd just run :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Markgway wrote:So any paper that isn't a broadsheet is unreliable? I see. Glad you could share that with us.
We were talking about the Daily Mail, not papers in general :icon_suspect:.
Markgway wrote:Of course you don't.
You misunderstand. Obviously my views are much more liberal than yours but I don't pay attention to all the political names etc...
Markgway wrote:You do it all the time, posting in every thread that's started up with some inane text that irritates the hell out of people. It must be a gift.
I post my opinion and it's inane, you do the same and it's correct :icon_suspect:.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Brad always likes to mention he's travelled the world,as if doing that makes him cleverer in some way :icon_suspect: i have visions of him roaming the land like Caine in Kung Fu,dispensing his wise knowledge to lucky people all over the universe :lol:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Scummy Pedo's also travel the world, mainly to pick up young children.

May as well mention that out of the blue, as it means bugger all to this conversation, much like his droning on about the "World".

But then He thinks he knows us all, some of us acctually keep most things from forums you know, and dont tell everyone everything like a forum slut :thumbs:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

saltysam wrote:Brad always likes to mention he's travelled the world,as if doing that makes him cleverer in some way :icon_suspect:
Not the word I'd use but it does make you more open minded and give you a better idea of what's the world tick but my point would've been just as valid for someone whose seen more than their local hamlet too.
romerojpg wrote:But then He thinks he knows us all, some of us acctually keep most things from forums you know, and dont tell everyone everything like a forum slut :thumbs:
Obviously you reckon I don't. There's plenty you don't have a scooby doo about but then this is even less relevant.
Last edited by bradavon on 16 Dec 2009, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

:lol:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

That's always your response, when you're too fucking unintelligent to give a proper reply.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Brad pictured in pensive mood during his recent travels...

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote:If someone tried to attack me (say with a knife) I dunno if I could attack them back, they might be bigger than me etc and I might be killed. I'd just run :D
Well with that attitude............. seriously you don't know what you'd do under extreme pressure... adreneline pumping thru your veins. Part of the battle is mental. If you go into a fight or violent situation thinking you're gonna get fucked you most likely will.
romerojpg wrote:But then He thinks he knows us all, some of us acctually keep most things from forums you know, and dont tell everyone everything like a forum slut :thumbs:
I hear that. I never mention anything on this forum unless it's about me. I choose to make these posts. My family doesn't. I try to keep my private stuff just that. You guys probably don't know much about me and that's fine with me. :D
Last edited by Markgway on 16 Dec 2009, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:That's always your response, when you're too fucking unintelligent to give a proper reply.
Wrong again. Still you "think" you know everyone, so you know that :lol:

The thing is we all know for a fact many, many things about your real life, as you have spoken of what you have done in your life in wayyy to much detail at times online :thumbs: Sometimes you do not know to keep anything hidden and just blert out almost anything online, the sheer volume of ammo people have on your personal life to use agasint you if they wanted to is mind boggling :lol: (I never get too personal, but I have seen many people get so nasty its evil) so I would not start pretending like you know anyone "Online". You dont. You just Think you do.

I say pretty much zero about my real "Life" when online (mainly opinions, dumb as they may be), so anyone can say anything they like to me, as frankly they are talking about some username on the net, not me :thumbs:

I may be a dumb faceless net person, but I am not a dumb net person who reveals way to much about their real life and upsets others who could then turn the tide easily with some nasty personal insults. That would just be extra dumb :D