William Fredkin's Cruising finally on DVD?

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

William Fredkin's Cruising finally on DVD?

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Freakin sweet. Been waiting for this to come to DVD for eons.

Rumour from Davis DVD:
With his latest film "Bug" now in theaters, director William Friedkin's grueling 1980 murder-mystery Cruising is set to make its long-overdue DVD debut later this fall. The thriller, divisive among critics and condemned by gay-rights protesters upon its initial release, was unveiled last week at the Cannes Film Festival with a newly restored cut. Al Pacino stars in the thriller as a cop sent underground into the New York gay community to search for a sadistic serial killer. The DVD is set to be released in mid-October with a fully remastered transfer and audio mix. Extras are set to include an audio commentary with Friedkin (already recorded), along with a retrospective documentary produced and directed by Laurent Bouzereau.

sauce= TheDVDF
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

The only mainstream movie with hardcore inserts and gay fisting. :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

So this is good then? I've barely heard of it.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

It's reportedly very good. The film is highly regarded by Don May Jr.
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

I watched it once on Sky Movies Cinema many, many years ago. And the only thing I remember about it now are the different coloured handkerchiefs. No idea what they refer to now, but I just remember that they had some significance.
So, I guess I'm saying my opinion of it at the time was 'meh'.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Kurgan wrote:And the only thing I remember about it now are the different coloured handkerchiefs.
So you learnt something useful when you go out clubbing... 8)
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

Well, the dirty yellow hanky you tuck into your back pocket does nothing for me, lad. Try to at least wash it before you advertise...
:wink:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Lol, I can't remember what yellow signifies so I don't know how offended to be...? :o
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

I've no idea what it signifies either. You just seem like the kind of person that would use dirty yellow hankies. :D
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Water sports.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Kurgan wrote:I've no idea what it signifies either.
...and yet you know the colours by heart. Did you take notes? Or just ask around in your "community"?
You just seem like the kind of person that would use dirty yellow hankies. :D
Ah, no, see you're confused. I "take the piss" not get pissed on. There's a subtle difference. But I wouldn't expect a felcher to know that. :wink:
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

Markgway wrote:...and yet you know the colours by heart.
The actual names of colours are something that I learnt when I was at nursery school. Their significance in the film is something that eludes me, though. You, however, seem to be covering something up. Let's take a closer look...
Markgway wrote:Ah, no, see you're confused. I "take the piss" not get pissed on. There's a subtle difference. But I wouldn't expect a felcher to know that.
You "take the piss"? So, you felch with another bodily-fluid. Well, whatever floats your boat, lad; I'm not here to judge.
Markgway wrote:Or just ask around in your "community"?
Now, I know you have some right-wing tendencies (as well as some other strange peccadilloes (see above)), but to claim that everyone of Asian descent in familiar with the colour-coding scheme used Cruising is one hell of a sweeping (not to mention just plain odd) generalisation.

So, what have fellow BnB members learnt about you, in this, frankly, revelatory thread? You're a weirder-than-the-average (so, very weird) felcher with strange, bigoted views.
;)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

:lol:

If I could be bothered with screen grabs, the 'script' (if it could be called such :P) would read:-
-Asian guy? No, that's not who I mean at all. He's the villain from Highlander. The yellow hankie is what I'm looking for though, but it has to be dirty.
-Ah, in that case, you'll be wanting Markgway. He's over there, sucking piss out of some bloke's arse. It's the only fluid he enjoys. Even his name sounds homosexual. Enjoy yourself, Al.

:D
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Doesn't count if you don't post an image...

YOU FAIL!!!!!! 8)
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Cruising (Deluxe Edition) on 18th September 2007 priced at $19.97 SRP. William Friedkin’s murder thriller that is set against the gay S & M subculture of the late ‘70s and prompted widespread community protests when it opened in 1980 makes its long-awaited Region 1 DVD debut later this year.
Directed by Academy Award winner William Friedkin (The French Connection) from his own screenplay adaptation of Gerald Walker’s novel, the film has as its magnetic centerpiece Academy Award-winner Al Pacino’s (Scent of a Woman) performance as an undercover cop who infiltrates New York City’s leather bar scene, and whose identity and relationships are hauntingly affected by his assignment.
Mr. Friedkin has personally supervised the creation of an all new high-definition master and new 5.1 Dolby Digital audio track for the release with new director commentary. Also included are eminent documentarian Laurent Bouzerou’s two new featurettes containing interviews with actors and filmmakers who provide thorough perspective on the incidents surrounding the production. In addition to Friedkin and producer Jerry Weintraub (Oceans 11 series, Diner The Firm), participants include editor Bud Smith (The Exorcist, Flashdance, Ladder 49) , actors Don Scardino (now a top TV director) and James Remar (48 Hours, TV’s Sex in the City) and real-life cops Randy Jurgensen and Sonny Grosso.
Features include:
* Commentary by Director William Friedkin
* Soundtrack remastered in Dolby Digital 5.1
* 2 New Featurettes: The History of Cruising and Exorcising Cruising
* Original Theatrical trailer
* Languages: English & Español
* Subtitles: English, Français & Español (feature film only)

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=65123
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »