AVATAR

Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by romerojpg » 28 Dec 2009, 16:00

Yeah but thats what Brad does best, read everything about a film before he ever sees it and decides the quality before he sees the final film and then forces his opinions on people over and over and over again on multiple forums. Instead of just going and watching the film, he talks about it.

Well done, he deserves a star :thumbs:

Next he will be posting Mark Kermode links and saying he agrees with him, even if he has not seen the film :lol: Sheeptastic.

User avatar
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24418
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by bradavon » 28 Dec 2009, 20:13

saltysam wrote:Hardly.you can certainly decide whether you fancy a film or not but judge it unseen?no way. i don't fancy this film at all, i've decided it looks pretentious twaddle but i can't judge it because i haven't seen it!!
Well you've just gone and judged it then.
romerojpg wrote:and then forces his opinions on people over and over and over again on multiple forums.
You've said that may times, yet this is the only film related forum I post on. Which forums are you talking about?

saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9329
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by saltysam » 28 Dec 2009, 20:27

bradavon wrote: Well you've just gone and judged it then.
If you say so :roll: i'll just pop over to the review section and give it marks out of 5.
working class blu-ray fan

User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by IronMonkey » 28 Dec 2009, 21:04

bradavon wrote:You've said that may times, yet this is the only film related forum I post on. Which forums are you talking about?
Don't you post on DVD Times or the AV Forums?
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server

saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9329
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by saltysam » 28 Dec 2009, 21:13

IronMonkey wrote:
bradavon wrote:You've said that may times, yet this is the only film related forum I post on. Which forums are you talking about?
Don't you post on DVD Times or the AV Forums?
Certainly on one of those and i'm sure i've seen Brad post on import forums and dvdactive as well.
working class blu-ray fan

User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4112
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 11:14

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by Shingster » 28 Dec 2009, 21:17

He don't post on DVDTimes, not anymore anyway! :icon_suspect: :icon_suspect:

User avatar
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24418
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by bradavon » 28 Dec 2009, 22:58

saltysam wrote:If you say so :roll: i'll just pop over to the review section and give it marks out of 5.
I do say so. You've made a judgement that Avatar is pretentious, based on hear say, the media and probably a trailer. Just because you've chosen to use different wording, it doesn't stop that you've pre-judged it.
saltysam wrote:Certainly on one of those and i'm sure i've seen Brad post on import forums and dvdactive as well.
Not Imports Forum since April, except for one post in June. I just checked. DVD Active isn't a forum. Like I said, one film-related forum. This one. Yet Romero seems to think I pop up one others. He must be obsessed with me, imagining I post on more than I do :D.

8 months is quite some time (Imports Forum, June 09) to still be considered "multiple forums". I don't even have an account at DVD Forums but no doubt Romero has seen me post there too.

p.s - AV Forums isn't a film related forum. It has a film "section" and I've not posted in it since June 2008. I never said this was the only forum I post in though. No one, who uses Internet forums, just posts in one of them.

User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 21737
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by grim_tales » 29 Dec 2009, 09:34

Brad is right, you can decide if you fancy a film before seeing it, which is in itself prejudging.

User avatar
degeneration
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1474
Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 09:49
Location: Wales (but I'm Scottish!!)

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by degeneration » 29 Dec 2009, 09:49

Yes you can decide if you fancy a film before seeing it, but you cannot say with any sort of knowledge that the film is crap.

I do not have the slightest inclination to see Momma Mia because I don't fancy it, however it may still be a very good film for all I know, it just doesn't look like a film I'd like. I am not coming out and saying "Momma Mia" is crap, it's got 99% singing in it therefore it will be rubbish as I've not seen a film yet with 99% singing in it that has been good.

User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 21737
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by grim_tales » 29 Dec 2009, 10:23

Fair enough :) I agree with you then, of course it is stupid to simply say "Film X is crap" without actually seeing it.

User avatar
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24418
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by bradavon » 29 Dec 2009, 10:50

degeneration wrote:Yes you can decide if you fancy a film before seeing it, but you cannot say with any sort of knowledge that the film is crap.
Agreed. Many do it on a regular basis though but agreed.
degeneration wrote:I do not have the slightest inclination to see Momma Mia because I don't fancy it, however it may still be a very good film for all I know.
Me too. I seriously doubt it's any good or very well made. Most people seem to love it, as you can leave your brain at the door and enjoy the Abba (which I hate) songs, not because it's a well made film.
grim_tales wrote:Brad is right, you can decide if you fancy a film before seeing it, which is in itself prejudging.
I get my coat and leave the building. My work is done.

User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 21737
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by grim_tales » 29 Dec 2009, 11:29

:D

User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 21737
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by grim_tales » 18 Jan 2010, 08:59

Avatar could become the highest grossing film of all time :o Its already taken ca. US$1.3 Bn worldwide which is pretty amazng.

saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9329
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by saltysam » 18 Jan 2010, 11:21

grim_tales wrote:Avatar could become the highest grossing film of all time :o Its already taken ca. US$1.3 Bn worldwide which is pretty amazing.
It's not really.it's been hyped to fuck for years.still don't fancy it at all.Think i'd sooner watch Piranha 2:Flying Killers again.
working class blu-ray fan

Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by Yi-Long » 18 Jan 2010, 12:24

I think you CAN 'judge' a movie without ever seeing it. Is it a 'fair' judgement!? Probably not, but that doesn't mean it's a 'wrong' judgement.

Just take the example of that Dragon Ball Evolution movie. Seriously. That had absolutely NO CHANCE IN HELL to be ANY kind of 'good'. The premise sucks, the acting sucks, the effects suck, the trailer sucked, everything you ever needed to know about that movie, SUCKED. I think everyone can fairly say, without needing to go and watch the movie, that that movie SUCKS.

There are whole bunch of movies where you can reek the suck from far FAR away.

It's the movies that are in that middle-area, where opinions about it differ, where some like it, some don't, where it's entertaining but not 'good', where it's interesting but maybe not deep enough, etc etc... where people should probably wait with judgement untill they check it out for themselfs....
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...

User avatar
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24418
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by bradavon » 18 Jan 2010, 12:43

Well said Yi.

User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 19917
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by Markgway » 30 Mar 2010, 21:53

EDITED.
Last edited by Markgway on 31 Mar 2010, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24418
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by bradavon » 31 Mar 2010, 09:30

What on earth have you posted? It isn't going to work if you post HTML code into a forum post.
Last edited by bradavon on 31 Mar 2010, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
degeneration
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1474
Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 09:49
Location: Wales (but I'm Scottish!!)

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by degeneration » 31 Mar 2010, 09:54

Is that the Kermit, or Kermode thing about Avatar?

User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4112
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 11:14

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by Shingster » 31 Mar 2010, 10:26

I wouldn't know where to begin there Mark, just post a link to the video and I'll see if I can embed it.

User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 19917
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by Markgway » 31 Mar 2010, 16:32

degeneration wrote:Is that the Kermit, or Kermode thing about Avatar?
Yeah, Kermode.
Image

User avatar
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24418
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by bradavon » 08 Jul 2010, 19:13

Avatar Extended Cut (8 Minutes longer) coming to The UK/USA on the 27th of August, only in 3D! -

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28316

I must've been one of the few people who didn't see it last time. I guess I should this time.

romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by romerojpg » 08 Jul 2010, 19:22

It should only be seen in Digital 3D, anyone showing it on old crappy film and non 3D shouldnt even bother :D

gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by gasteropod » 08 Jul 2010, 19:28

Agreed.

romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: AVATAR

Unread post by romerojpg » 08 Jul 2010, 19:40

I may well pop along and see it again, I cannot even remember how many times I saw it in the cinema last time now haha seems ages ago. Who needs Blu Ray when you got the biggest screen in your area and its a cracker :D

Post Reply