The off-topic topic

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

grim_tales wrote:Yeah, I have mild Aspergers or something like that. I didnt go into a massive rage, I just go to myself and the guy next to me, "Fuck I messed up, made a mistake" or whatever, which makes me sad/pissed off and thats all I can see - I concentrate on how I think it went for ME more, which maybe we all do. I always think "I could have done this better" you know? :) As I was psyched and wanted everything to be perfect.
Aw, quite normal reaction then. You didn't go ballistic as a kid when things didn't go your way? Like, wiped out a whole town in one angry bloody rage!? Cause.... you should! it's fun!

I sang these songs BTW:

Amsterdam (John Denver/Jacques Brel)
Take Me Home Country Roads (John Denver)
Mighty Quinn (Manfred Mann)
Hey Jude (Beatles)
A World Of Our Own (The Seekers)
Morningtown Ride (The Seekers)
Georgy Girl (The Seekers)
On The Other Side (The Seekers)
Stop Crying Your Heart Out (Oasis)
When You're Gone
Get Back (Beatles)
Bridge Over Troubled Water (Simon & Garfunkel)
Summertime (Porgy & Bess)
Somewhere (West Side Story)
Wow.... I didn't realise you were already 70 years old, Grim(!)
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

:D
Sometimes I do get angry and lose my temper though over some stuff.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

grim_tales wrote::D
Sometimes I do get angry and lose my temper though over some stuff.
I'm pretty sure everyone does, Grim. Just last week some old woman was walking slowly in front of me. Had to kick her through a window.

Bloedied my shoe up a bit, so that's when I got mad.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Just been to the bookies to place the family's annual Grand National bets, while there i placed a 50p e.w. treble- Oscar Bay 10/1 Won, Khyber Kim 7/2 Won, Gunship 6/1 Won-got £181.45 back for a £1 :clap:
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Nice, just think if you had stuck a tenner on it :D still £181.45 is rather nice.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

In case you guys were wondering where I was the last few days (and if you weren't - fuck you!) my PC died on Saturday after a sudden illness. I've got a new PC (was thinking about getting an upgrade anyways) and am now back online. Unfortuately some STUPID cunt (we'll call him Gark) forgot to backup his work files which means 4.5 months work of has gone down the drain. I'm going to attempt to save the hard drive based on some advice I was given. If that doesn't work I'm fucked. Anyways... I might be around here less that usual for the next few days... but thought I'd post just to let you all know the reaper hasn't got me yet. Ha-ha. Fuck you, Reaper!
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:In case you guys were wondering where I was the last few days (and if you weren't - fuck you!) my PC died on Saturday after a sudden illness. I've got a new PC (was thinking about getting an upgrade anyways) and am now back online. Unfortuately some STUPID cunt (we'll call him Gark) forgot to backup his work files which means 4.5 months work of has gone down the drain. I'm going to attempt to save the hard drive based on some advice I was given. If that doesn't work I'm fucked. Anyways... I might be around here less that usual for the next few days... but thought I'd post just to let you all know the reaper hasn't got me yet. Ha-ha. Fuck you, Reaper!
Damn worthless Reaper grumblll.... guess I gotta do everything myself these days....grmblll... :angry:
Welcome Back Mark!!!
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Hey Gwimmy, do you have Shaun the Sheep the first season DVD!? If so, do you know if it's region-free or not!?

Was thinking of buying a box-set for a little fella in Hong Kong.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

:lol:
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Yi-Long wrote:Hey Gwimmy, do you have Shaun the Sheep the first season DVD!? If so, do you know if it's region-free or not!?

Doubt he'll have that...a bit mature for his cartoon tastes i think. ;)
working class blu-ray fan
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

I cannot believe it! I've found an American girl I like!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/MRirian#p/u/0/kib05Ip6GSo

:love:
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

That video is disturbing, what the hell's it all about??
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

saltysam wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:Hey Gwimmy, do you have Shaun the Sheep the first season DVD!? If so, do you know if it's region-free or not!?

Doubt he'll have that...a bit mature for his cartoon tastes i think. ;)
According to Amazon UK it's Region 2 so not region free I'm afraid.
Shen
Royal Tramp

Post by Shen »

Just started a work placement in a school. I'm in reception class, its great fun. I'm working with an autistic child, and he is just awesome, apparently i'm his "new best friend", he has become my shadow. I got him laughing and squealing today, playing on the adventure playground and jumping him through the air to the next tire or pole to stand on, it felt fantastic because it's rare that he does this. He's just a real sweetheart. The other kids are cool though 44 in one class is just way too many. A little girl gave me two flowers she picked for me on the way to school and some come up and give me random hugs.
One little girl today, whilst discussing the word "Also" thought it began with an "O" due to the pronunciation,upon learning it started with an A she innocently pipes up "But miss! It starts with an A shouldn't it be said 'Ahlsole" ... ehm... not quite sweetie. The adults had a good giggle at this. Out of the mouth of babes huh?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

That sounds great. Is this part of your teacher training?

Class sizes are way too high. I'm sure it was less than half that when I was a tot.
Shen
Royal Tramp

Post by Shen »

No, my uni have a forced work placement for any degree you are doing, I'm doing history with a view of taking my PGCE afterwards, (you need a degree to get onto it) they view it as giving you a head start by getting you some experience as many graduates leave without any experience in the field they want to enter.. So i chose to work in a primary school to test out the waters first, see if its something i really want to do. The class size is too big there are 4-5 teachers, next year thought they are making the classroom bigger and taking on almost 60 kids! its really too high but they have to meet the demands of the area, its a poor, overpopulated area so they have large class sizes.

The school is very good, they try to integrate special needs kids into regular classes with extra support. Next year they are hiring a nurse and accepting children with medical problems such as cerebral palsy, downs syndrome, need feeding through tubes etc, and slowly involving them with the regular classes so as not to isolate them totally.
Shen
Royal Tramp

Post by Shen »

UGH! I seem to have caught chickenpox from one of the kids!! I've my exams next week, but I think they might have to be postponed! :pukeright:
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Shit, so you didn't have it as a kid then?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I had Chickenpox when I was 7 or 8.

I also had Shingles at the beginning of the year (which is like Chickenpox x100)
So you may have that to look forward to. :help:
Shen
Royal Tramp

Post by Shen »

nope I managed to miss it as a kid. We're not sure if i've got it now, but i've been really unwell for last 2 days and i've now got a lovely itchy rash on my back and chest. This is also the same kid who gave me headlice, which thank god i got rid of them! poor kid anyway her parents send her to school no matter how ill she may be, they sent her knowing she had chickenpox. assholes.

4 days in and i've already got chicken pox and lice, the next 6 weeks on placement should be fun! :help:
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I think I had chickenpox as a kid :(
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

I did but can't remember it, I have the first chickenpox scar on my left side though, you not got one Grim?
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Hmmm... definitely got some operation scars, maybe theyre for something else other than chickenpox (hydrocephalus maybe).
I think I remember glandular fever or something like that :(
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

This morning I was finally diagnosed with chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis (Hashimoto's). Slightly pissed off at previous doctors that wanted nothing to do with me. I took my first Levothyroxine pill this morning, it made me feel fine for about a couple of hours and then I went back to knackered again, but he's started me off on a low dosage and I've got to have another blood test on my birthday, how nice lol
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Sorry to hear about your condition.