Post by saltysam »

just counted mine..38 movies in 7 months..poor :oops:
working class blu-ray fan
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by brooce-leroy »

Markgway wrote:
brooce-leroy wrote:I don't think I've watched more than 5 movies all year.
What the fuck have you been wasting your time on then??? :icon_suspect:

Oh the usual......kid, work, internet, masturbation.

The only new films that I've watched in their entirety since 2012 began are:

Mission Impossible 4 IMAX
Journey 2 The Mysterious Island (cinema)
Avengers Assemble (cinema)
Cabin in the Woods (cinema)
Mission Impossible 4 (BD)

I've watched chunks of films, but mainly pixar or dreamworks movies with my lad, but not from beginning to end. Its weird, I do WANT to watch stuff but I seem to have developed a mental block, if you like, of not bothering to put on a bd/dvd because I fear I won't have time to watch it properly or in case I fall asleep. Cinema will be my sanctuary as I have plans to see Ice Age 4, Madagascar 3 and maybe stuff like Batman 3 and Expendables 2.
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

brooce-leroy wrote:
Markgway wrote:What the fuck have you been wasting your time on then??? :icon_suspect:
Oh the usual......kid, work, internet, masturbation.
I'm sure your son will be happy to know his dad thinks of him as a waste of time. :cool:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Masturbation cannot take up THAT much time :icon_suspect: you are either very good, or very bad :lol:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Wow...(!)

I've just been BANNED from the KungFuCinema forum for saying I wouldn't bother taking part in a discussion about gun-control, cause it would probably be censored and closed by a mod anyway... (which usually happens with serious topics on that board where there are people with different strong opinions...)

Apparently, 'Taeko' took that as an attack on the moderation on that forum, cause he sent me an angry PM about how I shouldn't be saying that, and when I replied in normal fashion, I guess he meant it when he said 'it wasn't up for discussion'...(!), cause now I can't log in anymore...

I believe that's pretty much the first time I've ever been banned on a forum. :roll:

Oh well...
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

That sucks.

I better watch my step.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Doesn't really surprise me. The problem with KFC is that the average IQ on that board is so low. It's really difficult to have quality discussion, and when there there is an interesting topic it easily gets censored. Plus, it must be the only board where the same movie frequently has 5-7 different threads that never get merged...
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

HungFist wrote:Doesn't really surprise me. The problem with KFC is that the average IQ on that board is so low. It's really difficult to have quality discussion, and when there there is an interesting topic it easily gets censored. Plus, it must be the only board where the same movie frequently has 5-7 different threads that never get merged...
Yeah, plus whenever there's a discussion about anything in the USA, they take every criticism as 'an attack on the USA', thus instead of actually debating the argument, they just turn around and say: "Well, YOUR country SUCKS TOO!"

"Yeah, I know, and if the topic was about the points why my country sucks, I'd be here 24/7 agreeing with it, but it's not, is it...!?"

Although, that's a small portion of the guys there, and most are just normal and nice. I did like how Dragon Sword once threatened to slice my throat or something, for mentioning he's actively supporting cut/butchered releases when he's buying them...(!) :D

Anyway, before I was banned I had already gotten a few angry PM-responses from the guy, and I could already tell this guy was beyond his bats, so I had just copy-pasted all the PM's between us plus an explanation of what perhaps set off this whole thing, and have sent an e-mail about it to Pollard, the guy who runs the site, to maybe take a look at it all or mediate. Not sure if Pollard ever got the email, or perhaps Taeko intercepted it by having access to the KFC-gmail account....

I also mentioned in my last PM to that Taeko that I was asking for a 2nd opinion from another mod or perhaps Mark on this whole drama, which perhaps set him off completely and made him ban me. I guess he's got that crazy mod-fever that often occurs when you're in power.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I've had a few posts censored but never been threatened with a ban.

Arguing with Americans about gun laws is like banging your head against a brick wall.

What do you say to someone who comes from the position that everyone should own a gun?
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:I've had a few posts censored but never been threatened with a ban.
That's the stupid thing. I get censored and threatened with a ban, BECAUSE I say there's censorship on the board...(!) :roll: :lol:
It's quite pathetic.
Arguing with Americans about gun laws is like banging your head against a brick wall.

What do you say to someone who comes from the position that everyone should own a gun?

I know, and that's why I said I couldn't be bothered getting involved in such discussions ON THAT BOARD, cause you already know it will be censored or closed anyway, killing any chance of a real discussion anyway...

I guess Taeko is a bit sensitive when it comes to his behaviour as a mod.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

HungFist wrote:The problem with KFC is that the average IQ on that board is so low.
Now we've got one Einstein writing a complaint letter to Criterion for releasing the Samurai Trilogy (1954-1956) in 1.33:1 format instead of widescreen. A trilogy of films that were shot in 1.33:1 format Image
- http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/show ... 158&page=2
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Anyone heard from Keung lately?

He's disappeared in the middle of a trade. :dontknow:
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Markgway wrote:Anyone heard from Keung lately?

He's disappeared in the middle of a trade. :dontknow:
I've got him on Facebook, I'll give him a nudge.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Cheers. He hasn't answered my PMs.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

WTF :lol:

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:o :o :o :o
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

A new chapter in the "I've been banned from KFC!" drama. I guess someone noticed I was banned (as well as Dragonsword, but I believe he has been banned for a while now...)

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/show ... hp?t=18477

Anyway, Teako came in and said this...
While I can't comment on specifics, the forum moderators have always strived to maintain an amicable place for the discussion of these films. Sometimes threads do get a bit heated and sometimes a mod may have to step in to keep the peace. In certain instances, our actions (be a it a deleted post, closing of a thread, etc.) may not make all parties happy but the reality is, we are only human and can only do so much.

We are always willing to listen to members comments (be it praise or criticism) but prefer discussing these things via PM. If you have further concerns or comments, I log in daily so feel free to drop me a line and I will do my best to answer them.

I've been here for ten years now and believe this is still the best place on the net to discuss these films. That reason being you - the members of Kung Fu Fandom. Thanks for your continued support. Best, T
Anyway, here's the original email I sent out to Mark Pollard (or at least, it was clearly aimed at Mark Pollard when I used the stated email address the websites states to contact them)
Dear Mark,

You probably know me from the forum, which I have always enjoyed and hopefully will be able to continue to enjoy, but it seems I've ran into a little spat with one of the mods, seemingly over nothing, and I would like you to take a look at the whole issue, or perhaps even mediate, or whatever, cause I don't feel the relationship between me and the moderator is at a level that there can still be a fair level of understanding, due to ill-feelings.

The moderator who has a problem with me, is Taeko, and by now, that feeling is mutual.

I believe the problem started when I was in the Superman-thread, the idea originated about 'what would you do if you would have Superman's powers', and I decided to create a topic for that question, with the intention of just having a fun topic where we could all laugh about the silly and offensive stuff we would do...

One of the many jokes was basically flying up to the moon and burning the flag, cause it always seems to be everywhere in big Hollywood movies about space, and it just seemed like a jack-ass thing to do. I admit that wasn't LOL funny, but still, it was a friendly poke.That's the one which supposedly got me in hot water, or at least that's what Taeko said when he deleted the whole thread, saying that might be offensive to some of the users.

Here's the PM I received from Taeko about that issue.

Sorry mate

But the thread "If you would have Superman's powers, what would you do...!?" has been deleted. While you had many a funny comment in there, there were two comments that were problematic.

The comment about setting an American flag on fire would have quickly escalated into a pissing war and we prefer to avoid such. The second was the comments about ejaculation. It was Linn's wish to keep this board clean, so let's do our best to honor the man's request.

I appreciate your continued support of this forum as well as respecting the wishes of the moderators and admins. Best, T

Ok, personally I felt that was a bit OTT, and oversensitive, and all that, but if those are the rules of the forum, that's OK I guess. I certainly didn't like it nor agreed with the arguments. Pretty sure Superman was being an ass when he was pushing the Tower of Pisa straight in Superman 3, and this didn't seem all that much different, but oh well...(!)

Anyway, in the current thread about Batman TDKR, the discussion was about the horrible events in Denver, and the topic went to 'gun-control' (not brought up by me btw), and basically all I said was that those kind of sensitive discussions would probably deserve a thread of their own, and that I probably wouldn't bother with getting involved, cause those discussions often tend to get out of hand with strong opinions and in the end a mod comes along and will just censor us, as has happened often in the past with these hot-topic threads, as I'm sure you are well aware of... (!?) Nothing wrong with that, but it just means I won't bother with it again, cause it kinda sucks putting time and effort into a well thought-out opinion, and then finding out messages are getting deleted or the whole topic gets closed or whatever.

Anyway, I quickly received an angry response from Taeko through PM, threatening to ban me if I brought up moderation or censorship again. Here's the PM.

Originally Posted by Yi-Long

The whole gun-control discussion would probably deserve a completely seperate dedicated thread, and in the end we'll probably get censored again by the mods here and the topic would get closed...
Enough
If you truly feel this way, by all means please leave. We do not appreciate comments like this. I've received PMs from more than one member complaining about you trolling for heated debate. I've tried to be diplomatic but one more derogatory comment like this and you'll be banned for an indefinite amount of time.

Seriously.

If you can't play nice, then sorry but the only person to blame is yourself. You have a lot to offer this forum and I don't wish to take further action *however* we have removed individuals from our community if we find them disruptive and we have no problem in doing it again.

And no, this is matter is not up for discussion so think before you reply. At this point, I'm not interested in your opinion. I just need to know (yes or no) whether you will desist from pushing people's buttons. If you feel you cannot, then best of luck to you.

...to which I replied:

I honestly don't believe I've been BAITING or TROLLING or whatever. And I don't think I said anything wrong here either, but you obviously do...

And I got the following response:
Re: Enough

Again, I'm not interested in opinion on this matter and the question still remains. Calling the mods out on the forum-at-large for "censorship" is a no-win situation for you. I would suggest when you have a problem with something on this forum that you use a PM to voice your objections.

If I receive one further negative comment about you from any member or see a similar statement like the one below, your days here are done. Let's not let it get to that point, okay? Personally I don't know you nor care, so don't make into something more than it is. I know you are very passionate and don't like to back down from your viewpoints (which is normally fine) but in this instance, if you wish to remain with our community, it would be wise if you complied. Thank you.

I responded with the following, and that's pretty much where it is right now.

So basically, your threatening to BAN me, although I've not been insulting or threatening people.

I mentioned that discussions about certain topics where there are very strong opinions, usually end up with being censored by mods to keep the peace. That's not an opinion, that's FACT. Which is why I would probably not take part in such discussions anymore.

I can't mention something that is well-known on this forum!?

As far as I can see, there has basically been 1 'problem' with me, which was a JOKE about having the stuff I would do if I would do if I had Superman's powers, and you and perhaps some others not liking that joke about burning the American Flag on the moon, thus just deleting the whole post...

...which seems a bit over the top, over-sensitive, but oh well...(!)

So what exactly is your problem!?

You're really going to BAN me for saying out loud that this forum HAS censorship!? Are you serious!? You're pretty much proving my point by editing/deleting the original statement.

Even more, in a thread about 12 people being KILLED by a mad lunatic, THAT was what got you upset!?

I don't know which other mods are here on this board, cause I usually don't take much note of that, but I'd like to know if there is a record being kept of the original posts I made and the reaction and edits you had/made on those posts, and I would like any of the other mods or possibly even Mark to take a look at it and perhaps even mediate, cause it seems that somehow, out of basically nothing, you suddenly seem to have a huge problem with me, which was never there before, according to earlier PM's we exchanged...

...which is something I don't understand, cause I don't feel I've been out of line anywhere, I don't feel I've been 'trolling', or 'baiting', or whatever you seem to accuse me of.

As you can see, it's all a bit dramatic and OTT, and I'm sorry it got to all this, for whatever reason, but I'm a long standing member of KFC, I truly believe I've always been on my best behaviour, always brought well thought-out arguments to the table in any of the discussions, I've always tried to be as respectful as possible, even when numbnuts like Dragon Sword were threatening to stab me to death because I have a different opinion about 'supporting' butchered movies, so I'd really value a 2nd opinion on all of this from either you or any of the other mods.

Please just take a look at it all and tell me what you think.

My apologies for asking you to waste your time on this, while you could use it to improve the review-database so we can just browse it alphabatically again, but I do value the forum and thus find the issue important enough to get resolved as best and fairly as possible.

Kind regards, Yi.
You'll be the judge of the question if Teako is
We are always willing to listen to members comments (be it praise or criticism) but prefer discussing these things via PM.
No you don't. You mentioned in the PM's that my opinion doesn't matter.

Anyway, I sent that email to the contact-address about 2 weeks orso ago. Haven't received a single reply. Either Mark doesn't give a shit and is happy with how Teako handled this 'situation', or he never received the e-mail.

I wasn't banned when I wrote the e-mail btw, which is why it isn't mentioned. I was banned about 5 minutes after I sent it.

Anyway, Teako mentions on the KFC-forum how he "can't comment on specifics" (yeah, I wouldn't want to explain this bullshit either if I were him), but I still can.

Edit: screenshots from the 'sent' folder in my Gmail with the original mail, just to show I'm not just making all this shit up as I go along...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/ ... ailtop.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/ ... middle.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/ ... bottom.jpg
Last edited by Yi-Long on 07 Aug 2012, 00:36, edited 1 time in total.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

What an absolute tit on a power-trip!
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

gasteropod wrote:What an absolute tit on a power-trip!
Yeah, you sometimes come across mods going through a nutty phase, but in my 20 years orso on the internet, this one takes the biscuit. Not someone I would personally deem 'mod-worthy', but hey, that's not my call to make...

With the whole Dragonsword issue (there was a discussion about 'incomplete' movies getting released, and basically the discussion was about how those who still kept buying those cut releases while actually stating they hated that these movies were cut, were (in my mind) an absolute part of the problem, cause they kept supporting butchered releases with their money! Anyway, Dragonsword got mad, threatened that he would slice my throat and all that, and in the end I got a polite email from Teako that Dragonsword had been banned cause he had been out of control before and all that.

I responded I hoped he didn't ban him on my account, cause I don't believe in censorship, and even idiots are free to speak their mind, as far as I'm concerned

(Something along those lines. Being banned means I can't go into my PM-box and just copy-paste it)

Something I believe everyone here on this board and on City on Fire can vouch for: I've always opposed censorship and the banning of members, regardless of how annoying they might be...

Anyway, the guy seems like a tool, but hey, it's their board and he's a mod, so I guess that's it...

I've tried to resolve it in a respectful civil manner, and got shit. I tried to ask for a 2nd opinion by another (objective) mod, and I got shit/. And I emailed Mark and asked him to take a look at it, and I got shit. That's 3 shits and I'm out.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Wow, I had no idea that Teako had been so out of line with you. I've had some similar disagreements with him about controversial posts and censorship but never been threatened with a ban - or indeed actually banned. His PMs do him a real disservice and my respect for him has taken a blow. A mod is there to protect the board not abuse his/her power and nothing I've seen Yi-Long post has damaged the board's integrity. I don't know if Pollard checks those board emails personally but from what you say it sounds like yours was intercepted, hence an immediate ban. Might have been better to PM him - but too late for that now. A few of the KFC members have been unsympathetic to your situation, but they don't know the whole story only what they've been told. I just posted an anti-cenorship comment myself... better watch my back, eh? :icon_suspect:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:Wow, I had no idea that Teako had been so out of line with you. I've had some similar disagreements with him about controversial posts and censorship but never been threatened with a ban - or indeed actually banned. His PMs do him a real disservice and my respect for him has taken a blow. A mod is there to protect the board not abuse his/her power and nothing I've seen Yi-Long post has damaged the board's integrity. I don't know if Pollard checks those board emails personally but from what you say it sounds like yours was intercepted, hence an immediate ban. Might have been better to PM him - but too late for that now. A few of the KFC members have been unsympathetic to your situation, but they don't know the whole story only what they've been told. I just posted an anti-cenorship comment myself... better watch my back, eh? :icon_suspect:
I don't know IF the e-mail has been intercepted, or if Mark did receive it but just doesn't care, or agrees with the modding Teako did. So I don't want to jump to assumptions, although TBH I don't like either option...

Maybe I should have PM'ed Mark, but I don't know how far mod-powers go, and I already stated in my PM to Teako I wanted a 2nd opinion on this whole matter, so perhaps he could have wanted to prevent that or something.

Obviously, not everyone on a board will like me. I have my opinions on certain matters, and they will sometimes differ from those of others. That's perfectly fine. I always do my best to just explain MY point of view, I always try to do so in a respectful manner, often while having to repeat myself to explain myself as well as possible, and that's pretty much all I CAN do. I've certainly never tried to 'troll' or 'bait' or whatever. Not on that board. Not here. Unless poking a little fun at someone/something is considered 'trolling nowadays, but everyone here knows pretty much exactly how I am online. Perhaps some are a bit more sensitive over there on KFC. I don't know. It's not as if it's unclear when I'm making a joke or something. Unless you're dim ofcourse.

In this case though, I was banned for saying I wouldn't take part in a discussion about gun-control because of a tendency on that board to censor/close such threads (which has happend before, as those who visit that board will be well aware of).

And Teako didn't respond well to that I guess.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Seems like 'Tosh' has quite an imagination... :roll:
Maybe because it wasn't your county, but he quit expressing his "opinions" a while ago, they felt more like personal attacks if you ask me. I always took Yi Longs comments with a grain of salt, and sometimes they were down right comical like when he proclaimed Obama the best president America ever had - BEFORE the man ever took office. He pretty much admitted to trolling other sites and it became clear his comments were only to start arguments, I tried to reason with the guy but his insults kept coming, and he seemed to be getting off on it. I can't remember the last time he discussed a movie in here.
I've been on this site for almost a decade and I can only think of generalization comments on Europe a hand full of times, usually in retaliation for a comment on the US, I'm guilty of it myself, and no it's not productive, but I'd get pretty sick and tired seeing someone bash Denmark in every comment too.

Proclaiming Obama was the best president the USA ever had before he took office!? Pretty sure I don't jump to such risky assumptions.

Admitting to 'trolling' other sites!? I'd love to see a link to that quote.

What a fucking low douchebag.
Xenon
Pedicab Driver

Post by Xenon »

Yi-Long wrote:the stuff I would do if I would do if I had Superman's powers, and you and perhaps some others not liking that joke about burning the American Flag on the moon...
:lol: :lol: Now this is some hilarious shit right there :lol: :lol:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Xenon wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:the stuff I would do if I would do if I had Superman's powers, and you and perhaps some others not liking that joke about burning the American Flag on the moon...
:lol: :lol: Now this is some hilarious shit right there :lol: :lol:
There was a whole list, but I got a PM back then that it might be 'inflammatory' thus he deleted the whole post.

All the other options were nowhere near that 'touchy'. Just dumb shit like 'pants Batman' or whatever. Giving the whole world a permanent 'Groundhog Day experience' by quickly flying so fast each day the whole world turns 1 day back in time ( I believe that was from Superman 2), etc etc.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Off to Indonesia/Bali on Tuesday, best man at my friend's wedding there next saturday.