The off-topic topic

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

I'm uncomfortable with how these 'historical sex crimes' are being dealt with.

You've basically got one person's word over another for something that allegedly happened decades ago.

Maybe Rolf is guilty... but where's the proof?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

I Think what's done for Rolf is the letter he wrote to the parents of the girl he'd had an affair with (who claimed he'd started on her around age 13) but quite how someone can be found guilty of groping someone's arse in 1978 is beyond me.
working class blu-ray fan
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Wasnt he alleged to have done more than that (one of his alleged victims was 7! :o ) But I know what you mean.
Rolf claimed the affair started when the girl (his daughter's friend) was 18 I thought? AFAIK little or no tangible evidence turned up, it was someone's else word against his and Rolf couldnt prove his innocence.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

As I said, it looks bad for Rolf. What are the chances that all of these girls are lying? However, it is possible; what with attention seekers and compensation junkies. We've recently seen many of the accused celebs found not guilty. Clearly the jury found the evidence in this case compelling and who are we to argue? Regardless, the media circus and baying for blood leaves a bad taste. I want to see justice for abused children and molested young women as much as the next person, but perhaps a statute of limitations should exist (for selected sexual offences, NOT rape) whereby incidents committed in a different era can't be dredged up decades later (not least for financial gain). It's also worth noting Dave Lee Travis' comment that the groping of teenage girls done in the 60s and 70s wasn't seen as a crime back then, so why should it be treated as one retrospectively?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

The way these cases are playing out and the lack of any real tangible evidence it seems to me pot luck (if you are the accused) on what jury you end up in front of.Hence i can see possibilites where someone guilty will be acquitted and someone innocent banged up.The evidence seems very similar in all these cases imo
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Rolf jailed for 5 years and 9 months, apparently he showed 'no emotion' in court.

http://news.sky.com/story/1295047/rolf- ... five-years

I think he does regret his actions though.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

grim_tales wrote:
I think he does regret his actions though.
pretty sure any 84 year old going to jail probably would (if guilty)
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Someone’s been stealing my photobucket bandwidth. I exceeded my monthly 10GB bandwidth limit... no way in hell I could do it by myself by posting on bullets and a couple of other small forums. So I started inspecting which of my photos are killing me.

No 1. People had been looking at Rina Takeda’s ass for over 4000 times.

Tokyo Gore Police cast Tsugumi Nagasawa, Maki Mizui and Cay Izumi were on the second spot with 2000 views

No. 3 is Rina-chan again, this time on the beach

No. 5 was also Rina.

I don’t know exactly how the stats are count, but you can see someone’s been stealing my bandwith. The beach photo had a view count of 2000, while another Rina photo that is in the same bullets post has less than 100 views.

Deleted and relocated the photos above. Hopefully this will help, though I have no way of knowing it was exactly those photos that were killing my bandwidth. Photobucket sucks at giving stats. I can only see what is the most viewed photo of all time, no monthly stats (for free users at least)

What do learn? Rina Takeda can bust your photobucket! :lol:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

HungFist wrote:No 1. People had been looking at Rina Takeda’s ass for over 4000 times.

Make that 4001.... :cool:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Seems like Edison is in Hollywood now: HUGE leak of naked pictures of young hot starlets currently going around the internet, among which Jennifer Lawrence, Alison Brie, etc etc. Most naked selfies, some a bit more hardcore.

Of course in the USA this will cause some big outrage and such again, cause they're a bit hypocritical when it comes to nudity and sex.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

I had a dream I found an original 1980's Japanese Evil Dead 2 poster and Jackie Chan's mugshot was in the lower right corner saying something like "This is my favourite splatter movie". I figured out that makes sense because Bruce Campbell's acting and the whole film are kinda like a splatter film version of a Jackie Chan flick.

I then found out Jackie regretted having said that because he didn't want to be associated with such a violent movie...

The dream was probably influenced by me reading about Jackie being a huge Sonny Chiba fan, and watching Evil Dead 2 on TV in love hotel last week...
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yi-Long wrote:Seems like Edison is in Hollywood now: HUGE leak of naked pictures of young hot starlets currently going around the internet, among which Jennifer Lawrence, Alison Brie, etc etc. Most naked selfies, some a bit more hardcore.
Sky News even reported on this, though I only saw the headline, so I don't know what was said. I'm guessing that many sites hosting the images have been told to cease and desist, but once they're out there, it's too late to undo the damage. Of course it's wrong to have private property stolen, but when will celebrities learn that there's no such thing as total privacy in a digital world. That's enough for now - I'm off to take some nude selfies no one will ever see until I post them on google.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

saltysam wrote:My mum got some new back windows fitted yesterday....looks like the workers have helped themselves to around 15-20 of my brother's blu-rays and £60 out of a wallet :mad: a reputable company as well so not some dodgy work for hires (you'd have thought) unbelievable :(
An update on this....after basically the Window Company denying responsibility followed by police apathy my dad walked into the local Cash Generator a couple of weeks ago and lo and behold 90% of the stolen discs were on sale....went to the police who seemed reluctant to do much at first...eventually they went to the shop with my dad who identified the discs,got the culprit's address he provided them and cctv footage.Police went to his house yesterday, he's been arrested and admitted to it straight away.he's in court in two weeks.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:after basically the Window Company denying responsibility...

followed by police apathy...

went to the police who seemed reluctant to do much at first...
And we wonder why there's so much crime in this country? :roll:
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Markgway wrote:
saltysam wrote:after basically the Window Company denying responsibility...

followed by police apathy...

went to the police who seemed reluctant to do much at first...
And we wonder why there's so much crime in this country? :roll:
Seems like a trend. I hear in Finland the government is trying to save money so much that the police can now only take the most urgent calls... madness! What do they imagine they gain by letting crime increase?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

The stupid thing is the majority of the blu-rays were on sale for £1.99 each,as they were mainly non uk discs i imagine the shop was selling them that cheaply to get rid quick.So they probably gave the thief about 75p a title....20 blu-rays...less than £20...so for that he's going to gain a criminal record and lose his job no doubt.Madness :dontknow:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

The thief will no doubt get a slap on the wrist and be home drinking cheap lager by the end of the court day.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by tom2681 »

Stupid board says I've been gone for 3 1/2 years.
Can't be that long. I just walked out for a quick pint is all. :icon_suspect:

Hey kids.
Did I miss anything?
Except last year? and the year before? and the year before that? ;)
I see the usual suspects are still around.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Welcome back Tom, can't say you missed much: Somewhere along the way we lost Brad and Mark got banned from KFCC causing a number of disillusioned members over there to migrate over here & boost the daily activity of this place for the first time in years, that's about it. Oh yeah and ghevans went and became famous! :D
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Welcome back Tom :D
For a sec, I thought IronMonkey had returned too, but it was a very old thread :D
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Catman Returns?

Brad settled down in the country with his husband and is currently trying to adopt an African boy (the one Madonna and Angelina missed).

Where's Retro Robot?
He posted here every day for weeks and then... ???
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

i think i saw one post from Romero the other week,otherwise i think he's a lurker these days.you'd think he'd come in and show us his photos rom the Expendables 3 Premiere :D
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Is this forum still down?

It's been dead around here last couple of days?
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Post by Masterofoneinchpunch »

Markgway wrote:Is this forum still down?

It's been dead around here last couple of days?
mpm74 could not get in the site because his account was wiped out by the losing of the data. I hope he creates a new account.

But yeah it is a little dead lately (though I did put a longish post on here.)
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

been away on holiday..looks like lots of missing posts? i know i couldn't get on here for a couple of days before i went away.