I've just got banned from KFC!

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!

Post by Markgway »

Don't disagree with any of that. The mods can be very rude. I would understand my suspension if I actually was calling women nasty names, but my post was defending them against the kind of sexism that was a problem in that thread. Where's the nuance? I see quite a few other members have been suspended since, but I don't know what they posted, or whether it was justified. Earlier Toddly666 posted a similarly ironic criticism of the Ghostbusters sexism. I'm sure he'll be next on the suspend list.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

I'm terribly tempted to ban Mark just as a joke :lol: I'd love to see his face when he comes to bullets and finds out he's been banned here, too :lol:

But since I can't (see his face), I won't. Boring :(
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I wish all mods were relaxed and reasonable like HungFist.

Oh, and Toddly666 has been suspended as I suspected.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Suspended again... this time for seven days.

"You have been banned for the following reason:
Time to go sit in the corner for a week for making idiotic race baiting and offensive posts. Your attempt at humor failed miserably. Don't do it again."

I fucking hate mods, especially anonymous ones who subscribe to this PCSJW bullshit, because, you know, black people are incapable of either defending themselves from genuine racism or laughing at satire... The 'go sit in the corner' remark is massively patronising, but that's OK, yeah? Surely, humour is subjective? Just because one asshat didn't find it funny doesn't mean no one else will.

In case you're wondering, my supposed crime was to post a (mock) script excerpt from Nate Parker's Birth of a Nation; in response to accusations that he added a rape scene that never happened in real life. I did this in the style of an urban gangsta movie. I can't remember the exact text, and naturally, it's been deleted. Obviously deleting the post wasn't enough though. Justice must be done by suspending me as well, because, you know, because. It wasn't racist. Anyone with half a brain would know that, but these days, it's virtually impossible to argue your case against morons.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

John Cleese on Political Incorrectness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCj6YNI ... be&t=1m32s
moonleek
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by moonleek »

At least they told why you were suspended and for how long, even if they are doing it just to fuck with you it seems. When I got banned on sc36 I was never even given an explanation. I guess they thought I didn't deserve one. Then about a month later I started a new account under the name cobalteclipse, and I sent a moderator a pm telling them who I am and explaining that my Morgoth account had been hacked and that I don't think that I deserved to be banned. The next day I logged on and this time I was told why I was banned. It said that I was banned for creating multiple accounts, harassing members (which is bullshit), and get this, I had only been banned for 30 days, and since I created a new account and posted before my 30 day sentence was up, I am banned permanently now. So markgway just be glad that the asshole who banned you actually told you why you were banned and for how long. I wish I would have gotten a message like that, and I would have just waited 30 days. "You're an idiot and you're banned for 30 days." Is that too much to ask? So now I am creating a bunch of accounts and I'm harassing the members there. I figure if they don't want want me back on the forum, then what's the point of trying to contribute to the forum. If they think I'm an asshole, I may as well be one. Yeah yeah I know how stupid this sounds, but it's actually been a really good way of venting my anger. And wow I do have a lot of anger.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

My "suspension" should be up now. I'll go check in a bit. But I won't be posting in any of the off-topic threads, I'm only about the Blu-rays now. Had enough of jumped-up intellectual pipsqueaks who don't understand satirical intent wagging their smelly fingers at me.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Markgway wrote:My "suspension" should be up now. I'll go check in a bit. But I won't be posting in any of the off-topic threads, I'm only about the Blu-rays now. Had enough of jumped-up intellectual pipsqueaks who don't understand satirical intent wagging their smelly fingers at me.
probably a wise move,strike 3 would be the ban hammer i think.it's the way they are, depends how much you value posting there i supppose.
working class blu-ray fan
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

KFC has been down for a few days (for me at least) getting a configuration error when i try and access the site.Hopefully it's a temporary problem.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Post by Masterofoneinchpunch »

saltysam wrote:KFC has been down for a few days (for me at least) getting a configuration error when i try and access the site.Hopefully it's a temporary problem.
Down for all. Not sure what the issue is. I like seeing the 500 Error though better than the first problem where it did not show anything. I'll make a guess that the database got hosed somehow. Hopefully (regardless of issue) they have clean backup(s).
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

It's still down.
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Post by Masterofoneinchpunch »

moonleak/morgoth: since the site resetted technically you could probably log on :).
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Mark got himself banned at BD.com yet? :lol:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Hmm... not yet. Why would I be banned?
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

I thought the "arse" would get you in trouble.

Right, now that I think about it, it wasn't BD but KFC that banned you for the Christmas pic. It's confusing when so many boards wanna ban you for different reasons :lol:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I guess I just attract that sort of negativity.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

BD.COM has its resident arse in Dr Svet...
bradavon wrote:
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

KFC is pretty quiet these days, not as moribund as here but very little activity apart from the Shaws and Bruceploitation threads.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Oh, no! That's terrible! ;)
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Fatal error?
bradavon wrote:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Just got banned from bluray.com!

Third time's a charm (and each time it's been bullshit!)

"You have been banned for the following reason:
When you say "I'll say no more" but keep going, that's a tip-off. Stop trolling and pretending it's just ordinary posting. If this forum's moderation isn't to your liking, there are other movie sites."

It started when I questioned the portrayal of Bruce Lee in Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I made it clear I hadn't seen the movie but heard some negativity from those who had. A shitstorm started because Tarantino fans bristled and Lee haters piled in to slag off Bruce Lee. A who'd win Lee or "real fighters" debate kicked off. I wasn't interested in this and actually tried to even things out (in a thoughtful post that was entirely deleted). In fact, all my posts were deleted. I didn't 'keep going', all I did was point out how ridiculous it was that my posts were removed systematically whilst worse posts, by one poster in particular, called Backwards Jim by most, who seems to get away with all manner of trolling shit, weren't touched -- and that the forum was too censorious (ironic, natch). That's all I did. As usual the mod remains anonymous. But then if I were an over-censorious asshole protector I wouldn't want to be named either! My ban is for the standard 7 days. I'll got back because there's no reason to let them win. But it still pisses me off.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

P.S. When you're banned you can't even look at the forum let alone access your PMs.

So... I used another browser and Backwards Jim's posts have now been deleted, too. But they weren't until I complained.

Oh, and he was not banned. In fact, only I was. Fair? What do you think?
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Markgway wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 16:05 Oh, and he was not banned. In fact, only I was. Fair? What do you think?
I think banning Mark is always fair :lol:

Seriously speaking, it's a pretty lame site to begin with, and without you it would be notably worse. Not many people there who post anything of interest. The insights to HK cinema and DVD/BD releases by you and a couple of others are some of the few reasons I keep checking the forum.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Oh, and I was banned without warning.

In most cases a mod wades in to advise posters that a topic has gone off-topic and any further posts may results in bans.

That didn't happen here.

I was targeted under the radar.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Sorry to hear that Mark :( I heard Bruce's daughter wasn't happy with the film either