I've just got banned from KFC!

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!

Post by Markgway »

I can see it.

Maybe too much bishop bashing has damaged your eyesight? ;)
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

I just KNEW he would be back with the goods! Apparantly, GDYY has never heard of flashback sequences :D

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/show ... hp?t=21927
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Post by Masterofoneinchpunch »

Image does not show for me either.

Looking forward to more Golden ...
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Im seriously starting to suspect he may be trolling, cuz...... come on.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I've changed the pic.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

No pic showing for me...
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

OK. Forget the pic. I can see it but you guys can't. I'll just have to be the only wanker on the forum.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

More Golden Dragon of late.

Still seems weird with no Mark. Are we even seeing much of the mods there?
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

OK Doctor Schnabel von Rom seems to have gone posting mad.

Also, RetroRobot where are you? ...
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Mo wrote:In one review I thought that Ron Van Clief was the son of Lee Van CLeef.
:lol: :D
I'm working 2 jobs and trying to get ahead in life
Glad to see you've turned your life around.

Some people don't survive their teen rebellions.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Mo wrote:... You just had to pick on poor Morgoth didn't you :D
My heart was in the right place, but I didn't really know how to express my thoughts. After a few reviews, I realized that people may actually be reading these. I was reading other people's reviews, and I wanted to be like those people. I needed to find a way to collect my thoughts, and try to do better reviews. But I wanted give my opinion, because I didn't like theirs. A lot of my reviews went something like- hey this guy is in idiot, this movie is really good trust me. Don't read this other guy's review...

... Almost all of my reviews started getting flagged and Amazon would have to look it over before the review was posted. Around 10 of my reviews were lost forever. My fault for not saving them I guess. But I never saved them before I never even thought of saving them. I just went online, wrote a review, and that was it. I was a happy man.

So there's the long version of that story. I've always wanted to explain why when you read a review of mine on amazon, some of them suck, and some of them are ok. I was like the Golden Dragon Yin Yang of Amazon when I first started. ... I've gotten a lot of messages from people over the years saying that they love my reviews, and I always want to ask them- really? You really like those shitty reviews? I'm proud of about 5% of my reviews on Amazon. Off the top of my head I remember that the review for Incredible Kung Fu Master was pretty good. ...
Of course! I remember our interactions on Amazon. I kept an rss feed (your last review however was Wednesday, October 15, 2008) to keep up with your reviews -- so obviously I read them :D. It was pretty easy to tell who you were on KFC as well (one of the reasons I tend to keep the same name online, though on Amazon I use my real name -- you had read several of my reviews as well.)

I've had issues with only one review: my The Odd One Dies which I finally got up on Amazon but it is a couple of paragraphs short as well as missing several sentences that I thought might upset it (full review is on KFC.) As far as I could tell I think the word "bloody" set it off, but since they are not specific on what not to put on there (reminds me a bit of the Hays Code) I never did quite figure out what did it.

Personally I always find it works best to have your reviews posted on a few sites (as well as back it up yourself.) Do the reviews in Word (or other word processor software), store it, back it up etc... It sucks to lose something you have worked hours/days on (I've even lost stuff when the backups were found faulty.)

It is good to hear you are making better for yourself. Keep up the work.

I will have to properly review Showdown at the Cotton Mill some day.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Mo wrote:Well it doesn't look like markgway is coming back. Teako has deleted the account completely. I don't understand why daigoro's account is restored after being banned, but not markgway. Is daigoro a better forum member or a better person than markgway? Hell no!
I agree with you. Depending on the level of control you have even though Mark shows up as a guest I believe you can still get him back since the posts are still there (though technically you may have to do it at the SQL level.)
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Mo wrote:If teako says it is deleted, then it probably is. I'm still waiting to see if another mod can confirm this. I know you have probably discussed this, but teako seems to be the one who holds all the power. It's like the other moderators opinions don't count for anything. Whether all the mods agree with the banning, I don't know, but lifetime ban is unreasonable. Would there be any point in contacting Mark Pollard? Is he even alive anymore?
I know several have IM'd Mark Pollard, but have not got a response (this is to a variety of issues not just the other Mark.)

I wrote a few times earlier in this thread that I as an admin of other sites I always feel suspension first (as long as it is not a bot or advertising), let heads cool down and then proceed. Mods should hopefully get together on a banning (I don't believe they have to for a suspension), though normally if one feels strong enough they will generally go with the consensus.

It can be complicated but as I wrote earlier even if an account is deleted, but the posts still show up there is a way of linking a user to his old posts (being an admin with access to the database helps.)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

What happened to Retro Robot?

He was very active here... but has recently disappeared.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Markgway wrote:What happened to Retro Robot?

I asked about him in one post here. Lately he has not been showing up under his user. He has been lurking on KFC though.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Masterofoneinchpunch wrote:

I asked about him in one post here. Lately he has not been showing up under his user. He has been lurking on KFC though.
Curious... :icon_suspect:
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Markgway wrote:
Masterofoneinchpunch wrote:

Curious... :icon_suspect:
And apparently it is his birthday today. Happy Birthday RetroRobot whenever you are.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I can't believe he didn't turn up for his own birthday party.

We had ice cream and cake and everything....
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Mo wrote:Yeah I'm surprise he didn't show for his b-day. He is probably not aware that I am an AMAZING happy birthday singer.
Looking forward to hearing your song on shapes.

On a side-note have you seen or are you going to see Raid 2?
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Mo wrote:I'll wait on Raid 2 until I can get it for a few bucks. I liked the first one. I just saw it a month ago. Good but nothing special.
I'm curious. I was in the good camp, but not "best of all time" camp (which I've taken some flack for to my annoyance) which some posters seem to think. I always find it weird when anyone thinks the latest thing they saw was the greatest ... (notice the Guardians of the Galaxy thread :D.)
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

I think that's the 'problem' with genre fans. For example as martial art films you could say Ong Bak, Ip Man, The Raid etc are 10/10 films. Against all other films (as I rate stuff) they're more like 7-7.5/10 films.

Also people on the Internet tend to talk in extremes 'the film was trash' or 'the film was a masterpiece' (which can also mean I really liked/didn't like). Bottom line is take reviews with a pinch of salt unless you actually value the reviewers opinion :)
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

luckystars wrote:I think that's the 'problem' with genre fans. For example as martial art films you could say Ong Bak, Ip Man, The Raid etc are 10/10 films. Against all other films (as I rate stuff) they're more like 7-7.5/10 films.

Also people on the Internet tend to talk in extremes 'the film was trash' or 'the film was a masterpiece' (which can also mean I really liked/didn't like). Bottom line is take reviews with a pinch of salt unless you actually value the reviewers opinion :)
You make good points. I try to judge films based on the story and action and combine them. Ong Bak = 8/10 because the action = 9.5/10 and story = 2/10, or something like that.
The Raid's action was incredible, I havent seen the sequel yet though.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

It's been so long since I saw new movies too, trying to get back into movies...
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

luckystars wrote:I think that's the 'problem' with genre fans. For example as martial art films you could say Ong Bak, Ip Man, The Raid etc are 10/10 films. Against all other films (as I rate stuff) they're more like 7-7.5/10 films.

I'm familiar with hyperbole on fan sites. I was just venting my frustrations with the Internet's version of the "recency effect" -- something that is good-or-better that was recently seen is transformed into the greatest of all-time. The key is not to get sucked into the conversation.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

I've nearly given up on KFC - too much idiotic postings from Golden Ding Dong to slog through.
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.