UK Government to award Irish Terrorists with £12,000 payouts

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

UK Government to award Irish Terrorists with £12,000 payouts

Post by Markgway »

The same amount as given to victims.

Enough to make your blood boil.

The gesture is supposed to aid closure. Moronic when all it's done (and will continue to do when the money is handed out) is stir up old hatred.

Have these people no brains or sense of right and wrong?

Ironic that this comes so soon after my making the point about how IRA terrorism worked out well for them (and clearly continues to do so...)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Brad takes his brain out of his head and says:

Yep, as it should be, as you say it aids closure. There shouldn't be any distinction, not so long after the events in question.

Brad put his brain back his head and waddles off back to work.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Shame that cash was not just paid to some scum to go around and kill the IRA members still with get out of Jail cards. Jerry adams is first in line, that piece of shit.

Kill loads of people, get convicted, get off with no jail time becuase they let them out as the war is over, well done. British Justice.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

And presenting the:

Mark and Romero show!

Coming in next weeks instalment, of this exciting new series:

Kill all Muslim Scum!
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Well when someone you love is blown the fuck up, come back and we will all have a chuckle over it.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:Well when someone you love is blown the fuck up, come back and we will all have a chuckle over it.
Okay.

That doesn't stop the decision from being the right one. You said only recently that Hamas should move on and get used to the idea that Israel exists.

It's good to see your usual double standards are at play.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

bradavon wrote:Brad takes his brain out of his head and says:

Yep, as it should be, as you say it aids closure. There shouldn't be any distinction, not so long after the events in question.

Brad put his brain back his head and waddles off back to work.
Are you saying that you support the idea?

Forgive me if I'm insulting your intelligence here.

The nature of your post is confusing.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Markgway wrote:Are you saying that you support the idea?
Yes, although I've not given it much thought tbh.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

So you think it's right that the families of terrorists be given tax payers money?

I just want to be sure that's what you're saying before I call you a fucking idiot.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

To clarify, are the terrorists getting any money or is it just the families?

Yes it's entirely right families in this "specific" example should get money too. Unlike some I don't think so narrowly and can imagine they suffered too.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I think the families of the victims should get money :)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

bradavon wrote:To clarify, are the terrorists getting any money or is it just the families?
Relatives of the dead. So the family of an IRA bomber will get the same payout as the family of one of their victims. It would be like if I shot you dead then myself and my family got the same compensation as yours. Don't you watch the news?
Yes it's entirely right families in this "specific" example should get money too. Unlike some I don't think so narrowly and can imagine they suffered too.
Just when I think you can't be anymore ignorant you come out with this. Who cares about the suffering of the families of terrorists? I feel for the poor victims of terrorist violence. If you blow yourself up planting a bomb designed to wipe out innocents then tough shit! Clearly they didn't care enough about their family (or anyone's family) not to be a terrorist so why should taxpayers give them handouts? To offer £12,000 to terrorist families is a disgrace and to victims an insult. How dare they equate the suffering of murderous scum with their victims. Should we give similiar payouts to the families of deceased Taliban fighters or Al Qaeda? If not why not? Same principle. But then you'd probably think that was a good idea. You're one of these people will never understand the pain of loss through violence until it happens to you.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Why even try to explain.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

romerojpg wrote:Why even try to explain.
I'm wasting my time aren't I?

Brad yet again establishes himself as the thickest plank on the board.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I said before the victims/victims families deserve money. not sure if it will make things better though. As Mark said, it won't aid closure and just open up wounds. Also Mark seems to equate the families of the terrorists as if they're the same as what the terrorists did. The rest of the family (ies) may not have been involved in anything, like terrorist acts. So saying "Who cares about their families?" as if they must all be bad people because of the actions of an evil person, seems harsh.
I just heard on BBC TV that when cheques were given to Holocaust sufferers, from Swiss Bank, the people didnt cash them but framed them and put them on the wall. So maybe I'm not sure giving somebody money will make up for suffering like that :(
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

It's not about them being pad people or not, but just the idea of giving them money 'for closure' is ridiculous.

See here, the victims never had an option. They were just victims. The terrorists however CHOSE to kill innocent people. Now, regardless of their goals or if they're right or not, once you choose to kill innocent people, you gotta live with the consequences (jail, punishment, etc)

Yeah their families had nothing to do with it, but they werent VICTIMS either, so why pay? Better give that money to people that DO need/deserve it.

And obviously it's ridiculous that terrorists are now once again walking free, just because the conflict 'ended'. Just because a war ends, doesnt mean the crimes and hurt and suffering the killings caused, have stopped existing or never took place.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Good points.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

What Yi-Long said........
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Well its even worse when criminals are allowed into the Govermnment, if that does not show you how messed up the world is, what will.

and I think you will find many of the people in the IRA, their family knew exactly what they were doing (many entire famalies were involved, when oneoft hem died now the others still get cash!) and were proud of the sickeing murders the scum did. Unlike other causes many IRA and other murderers did not do it for a cause, many have admitted they did it for kicks, fun and just to kill some British.

Many interviews have been going on the last week or so, its sickeing to see dead IRA killers familys getting interviewed as their family hails them all as some sort of justified hero for kidnapping and killing people.

Way to go, kidnapp a totally innocent person from a bar (sometimes just becuase they are British), torture him and kill him, then dump the body in a field miles away from anyone, and that really does do the IRA "cause" so much :roll: they enjoyed what they did, they got away with what they did, and many of them never got punished and never will, even if the law has full and total proof of what they did. But noone of them can be locked up becuase of some ignorant get out ouf jail free card.

Justice for one and all.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Markgway wrote:It would be like if I shot you dead then myself and my family got the same compensation as yours. Don't you watch the news?
No, it would be very different. I hope I don't have to explain why. Do you watch the News?
Markgway wrote:Just when I think you can't be anymore ignorant you come out with this.
My mistake. I forget you're more intelligent than all the people involved with coming up with this initiative.
Markgway wrote:Brad yet again establishes himself as the thickest plank on the board.
And yet I'm the one agreeing with the government on this one. Shock, the government can get it right sometimes.
Yi-Long wrote:It's not about them being pad people or not
To Mark and Romero it certainly is.
romerojpg wrote:Well its even worse when criminals are allowed into the Govermnment, if that does not show you how messed up the world is, what will.
Like fighting them ever got the British government anywhere but I forget, I'm the dumb one.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

bradavon wrote:
Markgway wrote:It would be like if I shot you dead then myself and my family got the same compensation as yours. Don't you watch the news?
No, it would be very different. I hope I don't have to explain why. Do you watch the News?
Yeah, you have to explain. I await............

And do I watch the news?? You didn't even know what this thread was about until you were told.
My mistake. I forget you're more intelligent than all the people involved with coming up with this initiative.
Since it's not working. Apparently, yes.
bradavon wrote:
Markgway wrote:Brad yet again establishes himself as the thickest plank on the board.
And yet I'm the one agreeing with the government on this one.
And your point is...?
Shock, the government can get it right sometimes.
Not often. And certainly not in this case. The people who draft these "solutions" are academics who sit in their plush offices masturbating over pictures of Polly Toynbee. They have no clue what goes on in the real world.
Like fighting them ever got the British government anywhere
Britain never truly fought the IRA. They tried to contain them. Big difference. And when a few terrorists were shot in Gibraltar the lefties whinged about it... Still, blow up women and children; get a seat in parliment. Who says terrorism doesn't work?
but I forget, I'm the dumb one.
I'm glad you've finally seen the error of your ways.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Wow