Lone Wolf & Cub TV series Question

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
oldeschool17
Pedicab Driver

Lone Wolf & Cub TV series Question

Post by oldeschool17 »

How is the tv series compared to the 6 movies? On par, better, or worse? I know the main characters are different.
diceman
Pedicab Driver

Re: Lone Wolf & Cub TV series Question

Post by diceman »

For starters, I read somwhere that it's far less bloody and exploitative, because it's been made for Television in the first place.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

I think Sam said it's great.

Naturally it won't be as great as the movies, because nothing is.

Will give it a try later this fall, probably.
oldeschool17
Pedicab Driver

Post by oldeschool17 »

hkflix has the vol.1-3 of Season 1 for $20 in case anybody wants a good deal on it. I just dont want to buy something im gonna get tired of real quick(like i did with the zatoichi tv series).
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

oldeschool17 wrote:hkflix has the vol.1-3 of Season 1 for $20 in case anybody wants a good deal on it. I just dont want to buy something im gonna get tired of real quick(like i did with the zatoichi tv series).
add $16 shipping to that (to the uk at least) i think the series is excellent and while not a match for the films it's a really strong effort with fine performances from the 2 leads.yes it's far less bloody but still pretty intense stuff for tv and has very good production values.i've only seen the first 3 volumes,i'm waiting till 4-6 appear in box set form before buying.
working class blu-ray fan
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

saltysam wrote:
oldeschool17 wrote:hkflix has the vol.1-3 of Season 1 for $20 in case anybody wants a good deal on it. I just dont want to buy something im gonna get tired of real quick(like i did with the zatoichi tv series).
add $16 shipping to that (to the uk at least)
I got mine from Pacific. $25 for the dvds and $5 for the shipping
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

What's the packaging like Hung?slim or a big ass box?
working class blu-ray fan
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Don't know. My Box Set is somewhere between New Jersey and my mailbox. I'll let you know once it arrives.
oldeschool17
Pedicab Driver

Post by oldeschool17 »

$20+$2.95 express shipping(USA). Not a bad price if you ask me. The packaging is simply a regular case that can fit 6 discs. No fancy box/slipcover. If you had the box sets of Zatoichi TV series, it's in that same vein but with obvious Lone Wolf & Cub manga-ish type artwork w/ screenshots of the show.
oldeschool17
Pedicab Driver

Post by oldeschool17 »

saltysam wrote:
add $16 shipping to that (to the uk at least) i think the series is excellent and while not a match for the films it's a really strong effort with fine performances from the 2 leads.yes it's far less bloody but still pretty intense stuff for tv and has very good production values.i've only seen the first 3 volumes,i'm waiting till 4-6 appear in box set form before buying.
Im sure the box set for vol 4-6 will come soon enough. I wonder if they will proceed with the next season. If Zatoichi TV series is an indicator, my guess is no.