Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: AVATAR

Post by romerojpg »

Yeah but thats what Brad does best, read everything about a film before he ever sees it and decides the quality before he sees the final film and then forces his opinions on people over and over and over again on multiple forums. Instead of just going and watching the film, he talks about it.

Well done, he deserves a star :thumbs:

Next he will be posting Mark Kermode links and saying he agrees with him, even if he has not seen the film :lol: Sheeptastic.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

saltysam wrote:Hardly.you can certainly decide whether you fancy a film or not but judge it unseen?no way. i don't fancy this film at all, i've decided it looks pretentious twaddle but i can't judge it because i haven't seen it!!
Well you've just gone and judged it then.
romerojpg wrote:and then forces his opinions on people over and over and over again on multiple forums.
You've said that may times, yet this is the only film related forum I post on. Which forums are you talking about?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote: Well you've just gone and judged it then.
If you say so :roll: i'll just pop over to the review section and give it marks out of 5.
working class blu-ray fan
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

bradavon wrote:You've said that may times, yet this is the only film related forum I post on. Which forums are you talking about?
Don't you post on DVD Times or the AV Forums?
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

IronMonkey wrote:
bradavon wrote:You've said that may times, yet this is the only film related forum I post on. Which forums are you talking about?
Don't you post on DVD Times or the AV Forums?
Certainly on one of those and i'm sure i've seen Brad post on import forums and dvdactive as well.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

He don't post on DVDTimes, not anymore anyway! :icon_suspect: :icon_suspect:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

saltysam wrote:If you say so :roll: i'll just pop over to the review section and give it marks out of 5.
I do say so. You've made a judgement that Avatar is pretentious, based on hear say, the media and probably a trailer. Just because you've chosen to use different wording, it doesn't stop that you've pre-judged it.
saltysam wrote:Certainly on one of those and i'm sure i've seen Brad post on import forums and dvdactive as well.
Not Imports Forum since April, except for one post in June. I just checked. DVD Active isn't a forum. Like I said, one film-related forum. This one. Yet Romero seems to think I pop up one others. He must be obsessed with me, imagining I post on more than I do :D.

8 months is quite some time (Imports Forum, June 09) to still be considered "multiple forums". I don't even have an account at DVD Forums but no doubt Romero has seen me post there too.

p.s - AV Forums isn't a film related forum. It has a film "section" and I've not posted in it since June 2008. I never said this was the only forum I post in though. No one, who uses Internet forums, just posts in one of them.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Brad is right, you can decide if you fancy a film before seeing it, which is in itself prejudging.
degeneration
Royal Tramp

Post by degeneration »

Yes you can decide if you fancy a film before seeing it, but you cannot say with any sort of knowledge that the film is crap.

I do not have the slightest inclination to see Momma Mia because I don't fancy it, however it may still be a very good film for all I know, it just doesn't look like a film I'd like. I am not coming out and saying "Momma Mia" is crap, it's got 99% singing in it therefore it will be rubbish as I've not seen a film yet with 99% singing in it that has been good.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Fair enough :) I agree with you then, of course it is stupid to simply say "Film X is crap" without actually seeing it.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

degeneration wrote:Yes you can decide if you fancy a film before seeing it, but you cannot say with any sort of knowledge that the film is crap.
Agreed. Many do it on a regular basis though but agreed.
degeneration wrote:I do not have the slightest inclination to see Momma Mia because I don't fancy it, however it may still be a very good film for all I know.
Me too. I seriously doubt it's any good or very well made. Most people seem to love it, as you can leave your brain at the door and enjoy the Abba (which I hate) songs, not because it's a well made film.
grim_tales wrote:Brad is right, you can decide if you fancy a film before seeing it, which is in itself prejudging.
I get my coat and leave the building. My work is done.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

:D
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Avatar could become the highest grossing film of all time :o Its already taken ca. US$1.3 Bn worldwide which is pretty amazng.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

grim_tales wrote:Avatar could become the highest grossing film of all time :o Its already taken ca. US$1.3 Bn worldwide which is pretty amazing.
It's not really.it's been hyped to fuck for years.still don't fancy it at all.Think i'd sooner watch Piranha 2:Flying Killers again.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I think you CAN 'judge' a movie without ever seeing it. Is it a 'fair' judgement!? Probably not, but that doesn't mean it's a 'wrong' judgement.

Just take the example of that Dragon Ball Evolution movie. Seriously. That had absolutely NO CHANCE IN HELL to be ANY kind of 'good'. The premise sucks, the acting sucks, the effects suck, the trailer sucked, everything you ever needed to know about that movie, SUCKED. I think everyone can fairly say, without needing to go and watch the movie, that that movie SUCKS.

There are whole bunch of movies where you can reek the suck from far FAR away.

It's the movies that are in that middle-area, where opinions about it differ, where some like it, some don't, where it's entertaining but not 'good', where it's interesting but maybe not deep enough, etc etc... where people should probably wait with judgement untill they check it out for themselfs....
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Well said Yi.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

EDITED.
Last edited by Markgway on 31 Mar 2010, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

What on earth have you posted? It isn't going to work if you post HTML code into a forum post.
Last edited by bradavon on 31 Mar 2010, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.
degeneration
Royal Tramp

Post by degeneration »

Is that the Kermit, or Kermode thing about Avatar?
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

I wouldn't know where to begin there Mark, just post a link to the video and I'll see if I can embed it.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

degeneration wrote:Is that the Kermit, or Kermode thing about Avatar?
Yeah, Kermode.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Avatar Extended Cut (8 Minutes longer) coming to The UK/USA on the 27th of August, only in 3D! -

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28316

I must've been one of the few people who didn't see it last time. I guess I should this time.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

It should only be seen in Digital 3D, anyone showing it on old crappy film and non 3D shouldnt even bother :D
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Agreed.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

I may well pop along and see it again, I cannot even remember how many times I saw it in the cinema last time now haha seems ages ago. Who needs Blu Ray when you got the biggest screen in your area and its a cracker :D