Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: AVATAR

Post by gasteropod »

I can't be arsed to see it again, I enjoyed it the once but I personally think that's all it's worth really. I might watch it in the future when we've all got 3D TVs and enough time has passed to make another viewing worthwhile.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Oh and the extra 8 minutes doesn't interest me in the slightest :lol:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

I have an Unlimited cinema card, so I dont really pay to see it again (well £1.30 acctually for 3D), if I had to shell out £10 then no way I would have seen it more than once even haha
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

You pay with 170 minutes of your life and busting for a piss throughout the duration :lol:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Haha I never bust for pee's, as I think before I drink :thumbs: never been to the toilet in over 10 years in the cinema :lol: I paid, I stay, even if I am busting :o
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

bradavon wrote:Avatar Extended Cut (8 Minutes longer) coming to The UK/USA on the 27th of August, only in 3D! -

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28316
Was this ever released in The UK? Nothing for me.
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

Er... yes it was released in cinemas on August 27th.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Thanks for your usual useless patronising reply. Was it shown in anyone's area on this forum? Clearer?

Re-released for 2 minutes it seems, none of my local cinemas showed it. I guess it was only for a week or so nationally. It always seemed like it was way to early for a re-release to me.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

It was out for 2 weeks in our cinemas, I didn't bother myself that week as I wanted to see Piranha 3D haha
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

I don't think it came to ours.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I was planning to see it too :(. Oh well. It's not one I'd rush to see in 2D now. It's obviously the store that comes first but as the story never appealed (and still doesn't), it was all about the 3D but I just couldn't bring myself to spend a tenner when it was out.

Any news on another film to break 3D ground? Something with a better story this time please.

Thanks Romero.
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

bradavon wrote:Thanks for your usual useless patronising reply. Was it shown in anyone's area on this forum? Clearer?
Er, yes - it was shown in my local area.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:Any news on another film to break 3D ground? Something with a better story this time please.
The ONLY film to do 3D as good as, or better than Avatar is Resident Evil 4, but hey you wont be getting "Story" the Oscars will be troubled with. Most are shite and not worth seeing in 3D still, as its done wrong, cheap, hardly used or just doesn't work.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Cheers. I'd imagine Resident Evil 4 just happens to be the best of a bad bunch, instead of pushing the boundaries ala Avatar.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

If you have an IMAX nearby it'll probably still be showing there.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:Cheers. I'd imagine Resident Evil 4 just happens to be the best of a bad bunch, instead of pushing the boundaries ala Avatar.
Hey one of the best films of the year Toy Story 3 is 3D :D hey they had the budget and time to make that 3D blow our minds, but for some reason just kind of left it calm and quiet, most of the time you never knew it was even 3D. I would be angry if I had paid £10 to see it in 3D like most people have to - loved the film, but if you don't bother putting massive in the effort into 3D it seems a little wasted.

Still nothing beats Piranha 3D :rage: I am still angry over that joke 3D weeks later. If you saw that 3D as your first experience, you would never want to see another.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

I liked the fact Pixar didn't make Toy Story 3 into some gimmicky in-your-face 3D thing, they just used it to immerse you a bit more.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

That is kind of what Avatar did, but Avatar did it 100 times better.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Shingster wrote:If you have an IMAX nearby it'll probably still be showing there.
Sadly not. The nearest one is Cardiff for me, there used to be one in Bristol but it closed down.
gasteropod wrote:I liked the fact Pixar didn't make Toy Story 3 into some gimmicky in-your-face 3D thing, they just used it to immerse you a bit more.
Kermode thought the exact same thing.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote: Kermode thought the exact same thing.
You love him too much :lol:

Mind you I may get to meet him this weekend :lol:
not sure if I should wear not KERMODE IS A CUNT T shirt :lol: apparently he doesn't like them :lol:
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

gasteropod wrote:I liked the fact Pixar didn't make Toy Story 3 into some gimmicky in-your-face 3D thing, they just used it to immerse you a bit more.
I know what you mean, it wasnt in your face which was good in a way but it made me think I'd rather have saved money and seen it in 2D.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

My cinema's the same price for 2D & 3D so that kind of thing doesn't come into it for me luckily.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

gasteropod wrote:My cinema's the same price for 2D & 3D so that kind of thing doesn't come into it for me luckily.
Ohhhh thats odd :) is it cheap tickets then? or a little higher than norm to pay for them fandangled Digital bobbins?
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

It's like £6.50 I think, and about a quid to buy the glasses.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:You love him too much :lol:
Not really. I've not listened to his podcast for a couple of months now. I am a fan though. I just remember him agreeing.
gasteropod wrote:It's like £6.50 I think, and about a quid to buy the glasses.
So it's not the same price then? Do yo have to buy the glasses again each time?

For me it's £8.50 and about £1.50 for the glasses but the bitch bit is, you're welcome to re-use them but have to pay the extra £1.50 regardless on whether you want the glasses or not. This seems to be the norm. Kermode's moaned about it loads. Why should we pay for glasses, even if we don't want them?

The film's the same price for me but you end up paying extra for a 3D film, due to the glasses.