The eBay Advice Thread!

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: The eBay Advice Thread!

Post by bradavon »

saltysam wrote:i sold a dvd for £4.99 3 weeks ago,still no payment received.
By that point I open a claim with eBay. You cannot re-list it until that's dealt with.

I wouldn't worry yet Grim either. You're messaged them a few times right? You'll at least be able to get your money back through Royal Mail. It's a faff but you can prove you've posted it.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Just emailed them once so far, on the 14th :)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Try again Thursday or Friday.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

If it lasts any longer I'm taking up the case with Ebay, I probably shouldnt have posted so quick but surely the buyer knows if he has payed or not (he hasn't, and its not showing up as such).
Grrr :?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

You say grrr Grim but at the end of the day you sent an unpaid item off for your own reasons...your fault at the end of the day.
working class blu-ray fan
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I agree I shouldnt have posted too quickly (I was too impatient) but this doesnt excuse a) non payment of the DVD and b) the buyer not getting back to me, imo.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

The buyer could be anywhere Grim,on a short break or otherwise engaged limiting his internet access. 100% feedback with 44 ratings indicates to me he/she fully intends to pay,not sure what the rush was for you to post tbh.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Well....did he/she pay up?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

??
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

??
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Sorry Sam, I didnt see your post :)
Yeah, they paid when I resent the invoice and it was fine :D
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote:Sorry Sam, I didnt see your post :)
Yeah, they paid when I resent the invoice and it was fine :D
Sam was worried, you insensitive beast!
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,
If the buyer doesnt pay for an item can you relist it?
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Let's see if I miss my chance or make a very good decision in skipping this item...

Looking for the new Indy BD Set for decent price, I came across this French release for a notably low (starting) price. Who knows how high the final price will end up, but what worries me more is the seller. He's new to eBay... well, everyone is at some point, but there's something that bothers me about him...

How does a newbie usually act in ebay (as a seller)
- He sells used items that he no longer wants to keep
- He tends to sell easy-to-ship items, such as normal size dvd releases in amaray cases, because he's new to the business
- He plays it safe but setting the starting price high enough
- He tries to be a good seller by giving detailed information about the product

Now, this guy:
- Sells only brand new items
- Sells only valuable high end items (they are all box sets such as The Walking Dead, Star Trek TV series, or Indiana Jones)
- He sets the starting prices extremely low (1€), meaning he's taking a notable risk.
- Gives very lazy and incomplete product descriptions

Where does he get all those brand new items, and why is he willing to sell them for lower price than their shop retail price? When it comes to dvds or blu rays, ebay is usually used to sell either:
a) used items: below retail prices
b) unwanted new items: below retail prices
c) rarities or imports / exports: above retail prices

And, now he has received one feedback. It's a positive one from bying a dirt cheap buy-it-now item for 2.5€ from his native country. In other words, a nice way to improve your reliabilty by paying 2.5€ for a sure positive feedback.

Maybe I'm mistaken. He could be a reliable seller who gets a lot of dvd box sets as a free gift or something. But I'm really interested to see what his feedback will look like in 2-3 weeks.
grim_tales wrote:Hey,
If the buyer doesnt pay for an item can you relist it?
Why wouldn't you be able to?
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

HungFist wrote:Let's see if I miss my chance or make a very good decision in skipping this item...
If you don't receive the item, you're covered by eBay and PayPal, so what's the worry?
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

gasteropod wrote:
HungFist wrote:Let's see if I miss my chance or make a very good decision in skipping this item...
If you don't receive the item, you're covered by eBay and PayPal, so what's the worry?
Got experience of that? I'd rather avoid the hassle.

Btw, does eBay UK always charge listing fee? I tried the UK version today for the first time and everything there seemed to cost... even without the buy it now function and with only one product image it was gonna charge me £0.10 for the listing alone. Fuck that, I'm sticking with the US edition.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

HungFist wrote:Btw, does eBay UK always charge listing fee? I tried the UK version today for the first time and everything there seemed to cost... even without the buy it now function and with only one product image it was gonna charge me £0.10 for the listing alone. Fuck that, I'm sticking with the US edition.
From my experience, the first image is free, are you referring to having an image show up in the search results?
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

I mean eBay US allows you to have several product images for free, you can set buy it now price without paying for it, etc... been using if for a year now, and have never paid anything (except the commission from sold items).

So my question is, can you list something for sale at eBay UK without paying anything for having it listed?

edit: well, some of those features are "special offer" but those special offers have been on for a year now :D
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

HungFist wrote:edit: well, some of those features are "special offer" but those special offers have been on for a year now :D
That's nothing compared to DDD House's "weekly cheap sale." Several years and counting... :D
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Just got some negative feedback :( Thats never happened before :(
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

what for?
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

grim_tales wrote:Just got some negative feedback :( Thats never happened before :(
There are so many arseholes that just give negative feedback for no reason, or because they're too fucking stupid to realise they've ordered an American disc.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I contacted the seller to ask what item he recieved but offered a return IF its incorrect. If its the right game he can fuck off and he should remove the negative feedback imo.
Even if its my mistake, he's a cock TBH for not contacting me first, WTF does "000" mean in the feedback description?
Hopefully people will still use common sense...
@ Hung, not sure but the guy seems to be saying it was a wrong item? That shouldnt be :icon_suspect:
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

grim_tales wrote:Even if its my mistake, he's a cock TBH for not contacting me first, WTF does "000" mean in the feedback description?
I swear to God I've even seen people leave negative feedback with positive comments, it beggars belief.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,
I recently ordered Singin' In The Rain BD off Ebay.
As the seller listed it as "60th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition" (even though they showed the wrong cover), I assumed I was getting this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Singin-Rain-Ann ... 302&sr=1-1

But instead I got the single disc BD:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Singin-Rain-Blu ... 302&sr=1-2

I contacted the seller saying I recieved the wrong item and if I could return it (for a possible replacement?) They have excellent feedback so hopefully things will work out. Do you think I have a case?