BnB Hosting Renewal (SORTED)

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Lourdes
Royal Tramp

BnB Hosting Renewal (SORTED)

Post by Lourdes »

We have about 6 weeks but I'm busy/lazy/travelling so I'll put this up now.
Existing host won't do a discount on renewals so it'd be £40/annum, and it's tiresome having to do a move every year for savings.
Thus, I found a nice three year offer from a reliable provider (StableHost) who will also do the transfer for us. There are so many cheap hosts but this is as low as you can get for someone well established with a decent length contract.

£60 to go after I've covered some and the domain renewal for the same period, then we'll be good for a while.

If the forum breaks or goes down that's where to send abuse as well, I don't really check-in.

Cheers all.

RECEIVED:
£10 - Shingster
£10 - HungFist
£20 - saltysam
£5 - lally
£10 - Hungfist + Xenon

DONE

Thanks to those that contributed.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: BnB Hosting Renewal

Post by HungFist »

I'm in for £10. Would pay more but I'm a student in a foreign country with an insufficient scholarship and no other income, so I hope people in better financial situation can help gather the rest.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Will send a tenner over in the next few days.wht happens if god forbid the money isn't raised? will the site be gone forever? would be a shame. Dig Deep folks!
working class blu-ray fan
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Money sent, hopefully it won't just be us three dusting off the wallet this year!
Lourdes
Royal Tramp

Post by Lourdes »

saltysam wrote:Will send a tenner over in the next few days.wht happens if god forbid the money isn't raised? will the site be gone forever? would be a shame. Dig Deep folks!
I'd spend what I was sent on a single malt and set up an email filter.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

£10 sent
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

anyone else apart from the usual stepped up to the plate yet? because if not i'll donate more to keep this site going but when the next renewal comes i'll be joining the tigharsebastard brigade who seemingly post elsewhere but pretend this thread doesn't exist.fucking tightwads
Lourdes
Royal Tramp

Post by Lourdes »

This hosting expires on May 19th so we have time, though I'd like to get it funded a week in advance at least. Hopefully more people contribute, this will cover three whole years.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

I can't believe me, Sam, Shing and Lourder are the only ones who wish to keep this site online. Don't we have more than 4 members here? At this pace Bullets and all its content, like the dvd comparisons, is going to disappear forever next month.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

At least the AWOL contributors could post their reasons in here rather than pretend the thread doesn't exist.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

My TV died on me last week so I'm frantically saving to replace it, currently borrowing my dad's from his kitchen but I feel bad as he uses it every day so want to sort this out ASAP. I'm not going on nights out or buying lunch or anything, so I'm not paying for a forum either when there are countless forums we could migrate to if this one did have to go! All I seem to do is habitually post my latest Blu-ray acquisitions anyway hah.
lally
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by lally »

£5 SENT FROM A VIEWER-BUT JUST-JOINED- TO CONTRIBUTE FUNDS-BECAUSE I LIKE THE JAPANESE CULT FILM INFO
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I don't have Paypal.
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

Markgway wrote:I don't have Paypal.

So you've never contributed? :D

I have for the last 2 or 3 times on the trot but I just don't have the funds spare this time round and I seldom post now

Good luck with it!
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
lally
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by lally »

THE INFO PEOPLE GET FROM WEBSITES LIKE THIS CAN SAVE PEOPLE MONEY WASTED ON DULL DVDS/BLU RAYS THAT DO NOT LIVE UP TO THERE HYPE/LEGEND OR GREAT COVER/POSTER ARTWORK--SPECIFICALLY THE JAPANESE CULT FILMS FROM 70s/early80s--THE INFO/REVIEWS IN THE FEW BOOKS--IS NOT REALLY ENOUGH INFO TO ACTUALLY FIND OUT IF THEY ARE ANY GOOD---THIS WEBSITE WILL BE EVEN BETTER IF IT IS FILLED WITH MORE OF THEM VIDEO COVERS/STILLS/POSTERS THAT SOMEONE GETS FROM JAPAN ETC.OTHER WEBSITES WITH BITS OF JAPANESE CULT MOVIE INFO--ARE JUST OF THE EASILY AVAILABLE ITEMS IN USA/UK A FEW HUNDRED IF THAT OF 70s/EARLY 80s FROM ABOUT 1000---OF ROMAN-P--MOVIES-----EVEN AMAZON HAS BASIC REVIEWS IF YOU JUST WANT THAT.....
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Gimme a week and I'll try to get some dvd sold and donate the money here.

Big thanks to lally for contributing.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

HungFist wrote:
Big thanks to lally for contributing.
seconded.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Charity sale:

Motorway (Megastar Hong Kong Blu-Ray) (Region A)
- BD review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Motorway- ... 82/#Review

£10 delivered (worldwide). Condition is like new. Payment by Paypal. I will pay the shipping from my own pocket and donate all to keep this site up and running.

edit: sold for Xenon
Xenon
Pedicab Driver

Post by Xenon »

Funny coincidence - I'm downloading this BD right now :lol: Anyway - if it's actually worth it for you to sell this thing for a tenner and ship it to Lithuania drop me a PM with details and I'll get my buddy to transfer the money since I don't have a PayPal account.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

i always thought you didnt need a paypal account to use it. could be wrong but if i am surprised ebay survives. lets be honest, you want to keep the site alive, dont use lack of paypal as an excuse.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Motorway BD sold to Xenon. £10 sent to Lourdes via me.
saltysam wrote:i always thought you didnt need a paypal account to use it. could be wrong but if i am surprised ebay survives. lets be honest, you want to keep the site alive, dont use lack of paypal as an excuse.
Or, if someone wants to make a swap, I can volunteer to help. In other words, you order me a dvd to my address from amazon.uk or some other store (you pay) and I will send the same amount of money to Lourdes. The value could be for example around £10 (or more if you wish).
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Three people needed to donate £5 each. It's not exactly a down payment on a house is it? How many of the people too tight to contribute spend that much on film magazines? :P
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I'll donate one of these DVDs if someone wants to put me down for a fiver.

Black Mask II (Mei Ah) *NEW (Unsealed)
Bullet in the Head - Platinum 2-Disc Set (HKL: R2)
Flying Guillotine 2 (IVL: R3)
Heart of the Dragon (HKL : R2)
The Killer (Fortune Star)
My Heart Is That Eternal Rose (Mei Ah) *Freezes at 62m; requires chapter skip and rewind*
The Young Master (Cine Asia/HKL: R2)
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,
Can someone put me down for a fiver as well? :) How can I donate? I have Paypal :?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

sent another fiver across last night.hope you got it