I've just got banned from KFC!

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

I've just got banned from KFC!

Post by Markgway »

No, not Kentucky Fried Chicken... at least not yet! :icon_suspect:

I'm talking about the Kung Fu Cinema forums.

In case anyone from there is wondering what happened to me... here's the unbelievably bland story.

1. For a bit of fun I posted this image as a Merry Xmas:

2. A short while later it mysteriously went missing...

3. I complained (someone agreed with me).

4. My complaint posted (and the one that agreed with me) were BOTH removed.

5. I complained about the complaint being removed and asked why the mod in question (who I just knew would be American, sorry guys, but it's true...) hadn't the balls to own up.

6. Said mod PM'd me with a very polite threat to ban me if I didn't do what I was told.

7. I told him I didn't respond to bully tactics.

8. I can now no longer log in and my status is listed as 'Guest'.

I've posted at KFC for about 8 or 9 years or so... but ONE obtuse mod has taken it upon themselves (it's not like any members are ever consulted about these 'rules') to ban me. As far as that forum is concerned I'm dead and buried and everyone else will merrily go along being told what to do by a dictator. Very, very sad... and at Christmas, too!!!

At least I have Bullets - a censor-free zone.

P.S. I wasn't going to name the mod, but since he's been such a dick about the whole thing, I'll just say it rhymes with 'Rico'.

Everyone at KFC seems to love him, so I'm up shit creek, as no one would dare stand up for me.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!

Post by HungFist »

Don't worry, I can ban you from Bullets, too :lol:

I really hate that KFC stuff. Are they gonna ban every member eventually? And for what? For posting a PG-rated picture of a girl? Maybe you can get your banning cancelled if you promised to post some AK-47 killing videos.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

HungFist wrote:Don't worry, I can ban you from Bullets, too :lol:
Why you dirty motherfu-- ;)
I really hate that KFC stuff. Are they gonna ban every member eventually? And for what? For posting a PG-rated picture of a girl? Maybe you can get your banning cancelled if you promised to post some AK-47 killing videos.
No doubt. A gun shot is always more acceptable to these people than a cum shot. The only kind of penetration allowed is with a bullet or a knife.

I actually explained that I chose a PG image specifically to avoid censor trouble. Some good that did! :roll:
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

I tried to help Mark by posting a very simple "What happened to Markgway?" message (yes, that's all) to the thread in question. I got my post instantly deleted, and a pm from the mod saying that Mark has moved on and the matter won't be discussed any further.

God, grown ups act like that???

Sure, it's not very grown up to badmouth them here behind their backs, but what can you do? You ask a question and your post gets deleted. You politely disagree and you're banned. I'll probably get banned too if they find out I've posted this here.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

HungFist wrote:a pm from the mod saying that Mark has moved on
Well, that's a blatant lie, but given it's all done in secret, who's going to argue, right?
HungFist wrote:You politely disagree and you're banned. I'll probably get banned too if they find out I've posted this here.
Yeah, you're fucked! :D
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Really petty decision-i'm a member there but don't post often.where's the thread in questiion,couldn't see it.
working class blu-ray fan
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:Really petty decision-i'm a member there but don't post often.where's the thread in questiion,couldn't see it.
It was a thread in General Discussion called 'Wishes', but all the relevant posts were deleted/edited so there's nothing left to see. It's as if nothing ever happened. In fact, if it weren't for the fact that my name remains in posts (listed as 'guest' - he even killed my Freddy Cat avatar!!) you wouldn't know I'd ever been there. Yep, one mod has all that power to abuse. So much for Xmas spirit! The funny thing is I don't give a shit about the sexy pic, even the editing only mildly pissed me off. It was the insincerely polite threats that pinched my nipples. You guys know what I'm like... someone says 'do what you're told or you're gone' it's like a red rag to a bull!

I e-mailed absentee landlord Mark Pollard to see if I can get access to my PMs where all my contacts are stored. We'll see...
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Bummer Mark. Reminds me of when Bradavon was a mod here, the guy was corrupted by his power.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Didn't Yi-Long get banned there as well....they must have it for bullets stalwarts :cool:
working class blu-ray fan
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

I'm still there as Killer Meteor. Just as well, I'm "booted" off some other forums!
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

No response form Mark Pollard yet (assuming he actually gets the e-mail).

Perhaps he's busy/on holiday.

We'll see...
TheYoda
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by TheYoda »

You being banned from KFC is like killing off a main character in Star Trek. Still can't believe it. You were a great contributor and member and I said as much before the 'Markgway' thread got deleted.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Welcome to BnB :)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Grim: One man welcome committee! :D

Thanks, Yoda...
TheYoda
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by TheYoda »

grim_tales wrote:Welcome to BnB :)
Thanks! Good to be here. :)
Silver & Gold Dragon
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by Silver & Gold Dragon »

Damn, merry christmas :finger: from the mod of KFCF that rhymes with 'Rico'

Seems a bit petty to banned you KFCF most prolific poster for that especially as that same image was posted on KFCF a few years back & no one gave a shit.

HungFist wrote:I tried to help Mark by posting a very simple "What happened to Markgway?" message (yes, that's all) to the thread in question. I got my post instantly deleted, and a pm from the mod saying that Mark has moved on and the matter won't be discussed any further.

I posted in that thread I did even get a PM, Guess I'll have to send my own to try & get some answers.

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Silver & Gold Dragon wrote:Seems a bit petty to banned you KFCF most prolific poster for that especially as that same image was posted on KFCF a few years back & no one gave a shit.
Really? I didn't know that! Ha-ha! That makes it even more absurd! :lol:
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

I can understand why they might remove the picture - it's not terribly work friendly - but to be banned for a private argument is absurd. It's abuse of Bradavon proportions!
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I agree with Ivan. It may not be very work safe but to be banned for it is very OTT.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I think the pic is work safe..... there's no nudity or sexual context.

It's just an attractive girl dressed up in Xmas gear.

What's offensive about that?

If I'd posted this no one would said a thing.......

Silver & Gold Dragon
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by Silver & Gold Dragon »

What's offensive? Is subjective.
Is anything truly offensive? Or is only offensive in our opinions or the opinions of a society or culture?
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I don't find anything offensive about it. I just thought workplaces might not like it as the 'suggestion' is there. Doesn't mean I agree with their policy :D
You're right, no nudity.

'Be offended, nothing happens! You're an adult, grow up! Deal with it!' - Steve Hughes
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

Had to chuckle

Hope you get unbanned Mark but nothing surprises me with stupid forum politics

That image is bound to offend tho. Def borderline NSFW. I'd let it slide as you're from Scotland and thus know no better. :)
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

luckystars wrote:That image is bound to offend tho. Def borderline NSFW. I'd let it slide as you're from Scotland and thus know no better. :)
Seriously? You see MUCH raunchier pics in UK daily newspapers. I think I'm living in a world of prudes!
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

Markgway wrote:
luckystars wrote:That image is bound to offend tho. Def borderline NSFW. I'd let it slide as you're from Scotland and thus know no better. :)
Seriously? You see MUCH raunchier pics in UK daily newspapers. I think I'm living in a world of prudes!

Nah fam only in shit like the Daily Sport. And that is grot/pr0n/nsfw ;)
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)