Original Mono Tracks

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Original Mono Tracks

Post by Markgway »

Does anyone have or know where I can find original mono tracks for the following films?

I can't rip VHS or LD so for those I would need pre-existing digital MP3 rips.

I'm looking to create personal fan projects... nothing illegal. ;)

Dirty Harry
The Evil Dead
Evil Dead II
The Exorcist
The Gauntlet
Magnum Force
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Trading Places
Last edited by Markgway on 27 Jan 2014, 07:40, edited 2 times in total.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Original Mono Tracks

Post by saltysam »

good luck finding those ;) i know there's a fanedit of the Exorcist out there with the mono track restored but never came across any of the others.only one ive played with was Terminator,someone upped that file and i added it to the new blu-ray.
working class blu-ray fan
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Yeeeess, a good ye' olde mono thread from Mark.... i've missed these ;)
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

RetroRobot wrote:Yeeeess, a good ye' olde mono thread from Mark.... i've missed these ;)

Mark needs banning for this!
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:good luck finding those ;) i know there's a fanedit of the Exorcist out there with the mono track restored but never came across any of the others.only one ive played with was Terminator,someone upped that file and i added it to the new blu-ray.
The mono tracks do exist for all of these films either on Laserdisc or VHS. The hard part is finding someone who not only has them but is willing to rip them (for me). I've heard about the fan edit of The Exorcist but I think it's been tampered with a bit. What I would need for that title is the 1997 DVD (original theatrical version) and the mono from the old LD (the 1997 is visually correct, IIRC, but uses a 1979 stereo remix). The Eastwood films are much easier to deal with. Again it's finding them. I'm happy with the R1 SE of The Terminator (original colour scheme and mono). I've had some success with The Breakfast Club and am next going to work on Full Metal Jacket.
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

Markgway wrote:
saltysam wrote:good luck finding those ;) i know there's a fanedit of the Exorcist out there with the mono track restored but never came across any of the others.only one ive played with was Terminator,someone upped that file and i added it to the new blu-ray.
The mono tracks do exist for all of these films either on Laserdisc or VHS. The hard part is finding someone who not only has them but is willing to rip them (for me). I've heard about the fan edit of The Exorcist but I think it's been tampered with a bit. What I would need for that title is the 1997 DVD (original theatrical version) and the mono from the old LD (the 1997 is visually correct, IIRC, but uses a 1979 stereo remix). The Eastwood films are much easier to deal with. Again it's finding them. I'm happy with the R1 SE of The Terminator (original colour scheme and mono). I've had some success with The Breakfast Club and am next going to work on Full Metal Jacket.
Which ratio would you use for Full Metal Jacket tho?
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

luckystars wrote:Which ratio would you use for Full Metal Jacket tho?
The 1.78 Deluxe Blu Ray (at least I think it's the Deluxe Edition as it matches the look of DVD Beaver's caps - either way it looks good to me). I know that all prior releases were Kubrick mandated 1.33, but the film was never shown theatrically that way (it was projected at 1.85, close enough to 1.78). You can see the excess of head room in the 1.33 transfers. Kubrick had a weird thing about open matte and black bars on TV and Warner respected that until his death - after which it was widescreen and 5.1 remixes all the way.