Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Jack the Ripper: Identified

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Jack the Ripper: Identified

Post by grim_tales »

That sounds too incredible to actually be true. :o Amazing story though.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yeah, real or hoax?

Would like to see independent analysis and verification.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Kominsky's always been the main name in the frame.wouldn't surprise me if this was kosher. it's a fascinating case,i think i'll watch From Hell soon :)
working class blu-ray fan
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Really? I didnt know one particular name had been thought to be the killer I just assued loads of silly stories/legends were doing the rounds when I was a kid, interesting :)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

He was a major suspect, but in those days they didn't have the means of proving his guilt. There were only a handful of theories given any real credence over the years, his was prime among them.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

OK, thanks :)
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

From what I understand, the DNA could still be linked to hundreds, if not thousands of people, and they'll now have to investigate if his handwriting and such matches that which was in the letters te (supposed) ripper sent...
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Really? I thought DNA was family specific. He can't have had THAT large a family, surely?
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:Really? I thought DNA was family specific. He can't have had THAT large a family, surely?
Yeah, family specific, but didn't he have any family/relatives in London at the time...!?

The DNA was sperm on the scarf/shawl, right!? Perhaps 'Jack' first got jizzed in the face by this Polish guy, before slashing some hoes up... !?
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

As usual The Daily Mail has provided a very one-dimensional report on the piece and the subsequent Guardian article seems to be asking the right questions, until Dr. Jari Louhelainen releases his paper on the whole DNA analytical procedure this "breakthrough" should be viewed with a heavy dollop of skepticism imo!
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yi-Long wrote:Yeah, family specific, but didn't he have any family/relatives in London at the time...!?
I think he had a small family - but if the DNA results are accurate then the odds of the sample not belonging to him are indescribably low. The fact that he was a prime suspect and not someone we've never heard of before only enhances the likelihood of guilt.
The DNA was sperm on the scarf/shawl, right!? Perhaps 'Jack' first got jizzed in the face by this Polish guy, before slashing some hoes up... !?
I wonder how that argument would play in court...?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Shingster wrote:Guardian article seems to be asking the right questions
Or even The Independent...
until Dr. Jari Louhelainen releases his paper on the whole DNA analytical procedure this "breakthrough" should be viewed with a heavy dollop of skepticism imo!
Agree that we need further analysis and corroboration.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Haha yes! I checked a few news sources for an article that mentioned whether Louhelainen had released his paper yet & got my websites mixed up! IIRC The Guardian's report was just as crap as The Daily Mail's! :oops: :D
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Funny that the Daily Mail article was written by a guy who just happened to have released a book on the subject - hmmm :D I agree we need further analysis before making a conclusion, all thats happened is the idea of Kominsky being the killer is more possible, he looks likely but more evidence/testing is needed.
Wasnt George Chapman later responsible for the 'Brides in the Bath' murders just before WWI? He would marry gullible women and then murder them for money.