Re: I've just got banned from KFC!

Post by saltysam »

looking forward to it's resurrection.
working class blu-ray fan
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Post by Masterofoneinchpunch »

Mo wrote:With KFC getting taken away a funny thing happened. I lost interest in the forum. I've been watching more movies and I'm all caught up on my to watch pile. Now I need to get back to watching good movies, not movies that you set aside for years at a time :icon_suspect:
What did you watch? I will never be caught up on my to watch pile.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Mo wrote:Nothing special. Mainly movies from multi packs and a few TV shows. The only thing notable from China was Kung Fu Killer. Not bad but it has no story and too much editing, CGI and wires in the fight scenes. I liked the fights in Special ID a lot more.
I bought that but have not watched it. I liked the fights in Special ID as well. I wish the plot was better, but still the fights are rewatch worthy.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I've got so many HK/Chinese movies to watch it's not even funny.

Years worth...
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Mo wrote:You can drop them off at my house and I'll watch them. I'll let you know if they are any good :)
I popped around earlier, but you were out... oh, well... I'll try again in a few years.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

My to-watch pile is mostly stuff left over from boxsets - short films by Herzog, Buster Keaton, Walerian Borowczyk. I'm actually glad I'm don't binge on kung fu anymore, because it means Dragon Inn is going to be amazing!
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Ivan Drago wrote:My to-watch pile is mostly stuff left over from boxsets - short films by Herzog, Buster Keaton, Walerian Borowczyk. I'm actually glad I'm don't binge on kung fu anymore, because it means Dragon Inn is going to be amazing!
I have that syndrome as well where there is one or two films left from a boxset (usually the one I know least about and/or am interested in least.) Sometimes I finish that last film just so I can finish the set.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

This seems to be taking longer than expected to get back up and running. despite it's faults at least it's got some discussion going on,unlike here which while not dead,the priest has certainly been summoned to the bedside.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

saltysam wrote:This seems to be taking longer than expected to get back up and running. despite it's faults at least it's got some discussion going on,unlike here which while not dead,the priest has certainly been summoned to the bedside.
Yeah they said a few days to a week. It's been longer than that. I'm sure they have had a multitude of problems. Hopefully it comes up sooner than later, but being down so long does hurt any momentum.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

on a side note: HKMDB has been down today. I hope that is just a glitch.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

So...over a month on and still no sign of it coming back online :(
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Well here is the reply when I asked about getting Mark unbanned:

"Banning are not discussed publicly, only between mods and the member in question."

Which raises me to ask how would a banned person get to contact the mods?
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Masterofoneinchpunch wrote:Well here is the reply when I asked about getting Mark unbanned:

"Banning are not discussed publicly, only between mods and the member in question."

Which raises me to ask how would a banned person get to contact the mods?
I assume that means G.I. Schlong-Slurper is still in charge...!?

Not surprising TBH, considering the way he behaved after banning me for daring to mention there was 'censorship' on the boards whenever a serious topic would get discussed, like politics, religion, whatever, even though topics like those were often completely closed down most of the time after a few days because (SHOCK! HORROR! OHNOEZZZZ!!!) people would sometimes disagree with eachother(!)

He's a pathetic individual, not mod-worthy in the slightest.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Yi-Long wrote: ...
I assume that means G.I. Schlong-Slurper is still in charge...!?

Not surprising TBH, considering the way he behaved after banning me for daring to mention there was 'censorship' on the boards whenever a serious topic would get discussed, like politics, religion, whatever, even though topics like those were often completely closed down most of the time after a few days because (SHOCK! HORROR! OHNOEZZZZ!!!) people would sometimes disagree with eachother(!)

He's a pathetic individual, not mod-worthy in the slightest.
Surprisingly it was Kung Fu Bob who stated that. But I get the gist that they are not going to unban Mark (KFB did mention if there were any questions to ask them in public -- which I did to his chagrin).

EDIT: I did get a PM response and I PM'd him back with my feelings on the subject. I don't like the hush hush treatment of it, it feels like saying Voldemort in the Harry Potter universe.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

There's a post in the Wanted section from a user called Markgway.?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Is this the one you mean?

http://www.shaolinchamber36.com/kungfuf ... fu-dvd-rs/

I posted that on the previous 36th Chamber forum.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Mo wrote:You were banned from sc36 also? Geez Mark how many forums are you going to be banned from :drunk:
I'm not aware of having been banned. To be honest I never used the SC36 forum apart from that one trade post.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

means you aren't banned then.try and make a random post and see what happens :)
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

It seems pretty normal on American boards for being banned forever by some fascist mods, for saying something they simply don't agree with. CityOnFire.com was always very relaxed though.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I like this forum because you'd have to do something pretty awful to get banned and even then there would be an open discussion about it. I left KFC behind a long time ago and have no intention of going back whilst the status quo remains. I might try editing my wanted list at some point to see what happens but that's it. I hope more people join Bullets as there's nothing you can talk about at KFC you can't talk about here and uncut.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Mo wrote:It's sad that people can hold a grudge for so long. It's not healthy.

I never went to the cityonfire forum but I like that guy mighty peking man. He's one of the coolest relaxed people that I've met on the net.
Hell yeah, when I am part of a community that I liked and -1- fucking idiot abuses his power to ban me PERMANENTLY for absolutely no good reason whatsoever (and I posted the exchange here on BNB), I will fucking hold a grudge.

MPM is pretty cool. He had a very good forum, with absolute freedom of speech, and also a community that was against censorship, bans, whatever. Obviously you had your regular board-idiots, like a dude with a wetsuit fetish, but it was all in good spirits. His site also always looked fantastic. Great graphic design with often a cool 70's retro touch. One of the better looking sites on the web back then, and free for everyone to post their reviews, although it seems some reviews have been lost.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Mo wrote:Sorry I'm late on this. You probably know this but teako is the one I was referring to who is holding a grudge for too long. If you want to hold that grudge Yi Long then I have to say I would do the same thing. A 30 day ban for you and Markgway would have been excessive. But a lifetime ban just blows my mind. Fucking insanity is the only way I can think of to describe it.

Also an FYI- I quoted a post of Teako's on kfc/kff, and he thought I was trying to provoke him in some way (which I wasn't). The next day I log on and got a message from a moderator saying some crazy shit like "don't talk to Teako directly". The message also said that since I've expressed how I really feel about Teako on this forum the moderators want to make sure I'm not causing any problems with teako on kff. What this tells me is that teako follows this forum very closely, because I've only talked about him maybe 5 times here. So if he follows this forum, why can't he log in and explain himself sometime? I think it's obvious that teako knows that a permanent ban is ridiculous and he doesn't want to admit his mistake.
I don't believe Teako thinks he's in the wrong at all.

I do believe he's in insecure immature idiot with control-issues who regularly behaves like a bitch. When I tried contacting Mark Pollard about the situation through contacting him through the e-mail provided on the site), asking to look at it and perhaps intermediate, the very next thing that happened was that I got a permanent ban. So either Mark agreed with Teako (which would be ridiculous cause I hadn't done anything wrong, other than state there was censorship on the boards which prevented the discussion of serious topics, after which Teako started his PM bullshit against me), or (most likely) the site's e-mail that I sent went to Teako instead of Pollard, and he decided to just get rid of me completely, instead of allowing Mark to take a look at the situation.

Teako is just a bald fat immature drunk moderating bully who is completely unfit for the responsibility bestowed upon him.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yi-Long wrote:or (most likely) the site's e-mail that I sent went to Teako instead of Pollard, and he decided to just get rid of me completely, instead of allowing Mark to take a look at the situation.
Yeah, I believe that's what happened to my e-mail to Pollard, too.

Quietly intercepted and deleted.

It's sad people behave this way... but what can you do?
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:or (most likely) the site's e-mail that I sent went to Teako instead of Pollard, and he decided to just get rid of me completely, instead of allowing Mark to take a look at the situation.
Yeah, I believe that's what happened to my e-mail to Pollard, too.

Quietly intercepted and deleted.

It's sad people behave this way... but what can you do?
What kinda shite Scottish attitude is that...!? :o