I've just got banned from KFC!

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!

Post by HungFist »

saltysam wrote:he was overthrown from his mod status,wasn't actually banned was he? last postings i remember from him he was having domestic strife of some sort.
He was banned for a day or two. Tom tried to strip him of his modding powers, only to find out he couldn't do it, then he panicked and banned him. It took a few days to find a way to restore his account without giving him his modding powers back. Brad was using another account meanwhile.

I have no idea how it all begun. Did Brad go crazy or something? Was he abusing his powers?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I think Tom overreacted; he could be quite volatile. Brad had a way of doing that to people. I didn't realise or had forgotten Brad was actually (briefly) banned. That was something of an anomaly for this forum. It wouldn't happen now.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Bradavon was banned from commenting on DVD Times - now known as The Digital Fix. His main habit to post nonsense - frequently showing off his wilful ignorance.
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

What happened to Tom, he doesnt post here anymore either.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

grim_tales wrote:What happened to Tom, he doesnt post here anymore either.
not many do ;)
working class blu-ray fan
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

HungFist wrote:
saltysam wrote:he was overthrown from his mod status,wasn't actually banned was he? last postings i remember from him he was having domestic strife of some sort.
He was banned for a day or two. Tom tried to strip him of his modding powers, only to find out he couldn't do it, then he panicked and banned him. It took a few days to find a way to restore his account without giving him his modding powers back. Brad was using another account meanwhile.

I have no idea how it all begun. Did Brad go crazy or something? Was he abusing his powers?
I remember driving Brad up the wall one time where he went absolutely bat-shit crazy, but sadly all evidence of that exchange was destroyed by a mod once Brad came back to his senses * (relative senses of course, this being Brad and all).
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

i wonder if he still lurks here. he enraged me once so much (getting personal by bringing my kids into it) i lost all sense of reason and was seriously on the verge of heading to Bath to sort it face to face :rage: (i had his addy from previous trades) i calmed down eventually though.
working class blu-ray fan
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I think Tom was eaten by his cats.
A sad way to go.

Brad now posts on www.gayexchange.com
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Post by Masterofoneinchpunch »

Markgway wrote:I think Tom was eaten by his cats.
A sad way to go....
I am always weary when I do not feed them enough. They give me that look. I think if they were bigger .....
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

I think I've given up on the kung Fu Cinema forum for good. the layout is poor, the search crap and most of the posts are just redundant nonsense from Golden Dragon.

I miss Falkor. At least he had some ace lobby cards to show off.
bradavon wrote:
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I wonder whats become of all the old crew - Brad, Tom, Moldiver, City Hunter, tpr007, Knetan, Bruce-Leroy etc :)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Falkor was mad as a bag of spiders, but he had a lot of great info and materials to share. It was a shame he threw in the towel. I think most of the useful members left KFC somewhere along the line... just like Bullets! :D
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

I never really got why so many left bullets for good...was there a big time gap between the old and new forums?
bradavon wrote:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Combination of factors, I guess; HK-cinema going down the drain, and not everyone found the same kind of love for Korean and Japanese cinema, which means there would simply be less to discuss.

IMHO, I also feel the forum got too big when it comes to sub-sectors, so before we basically just had the 'anything goes' for TV, music, world events, games, etc.... So that part of the forum was always very active, but now we have a bunch of dead subfora nobody visits. Kinda as predicted, btw.

Also, people got on stuff like Facebook and whatever, so if there was anything to discuss, news-wise, it partly moved there.

People got older, got into other things, Asian cinema stopped coming to the west as much as it did around the early 90's HK boom, there were too few new faces coming in to replace the old bags that left (or were eaten by cats), and the forum just became more and more quiet, so the regulars would visit less regularly.

Oh, and Brad posted that picture of him giving a bukake to a turtle; that didn't help either.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yi-Long wrote: Oh, and Brad posted that picture of him giving a bukake to a turtle; that didn't help either.
I thought we all agreed that would never be mentioned again. :pukeright:
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I kinda agree with Yi, if we have an Anything Goes subforum that should be that, not other forums for TV, Music etc :) Otherwise it defeats purpose
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:
Yi-Long wrote: Oh, and Brad posted that picture of him giving a bukake to a turtle; that didn't help either.
I thought we all agreed that would never be mentioned again. :pukeright:
No no no, I believe that was the squirrel-incident.
Beat TG
Pedicab Driver

Post by Beat TG »

Ivan Drago wrote:I never really got why so many left bullets for good...was there a big time gap between the old and new forums?
Other forms of social media have taken over, basically. Facebook, youtube, instagram, vlogs etc. Forums are a thing of the past these days. I used to be a regular commentator at the Stunt People forum which was still quite active in 2012 but has since been dead for the most part. Even KFC (aka Shaolin Chamber 36/Kung Fu Fandom) is starting to go through that phase.
Last edited by Beat TG on 21 Apr 2016, 11:37, edited 2 times in total.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

True,but I was referring more to when happened in 04/05.
bradavon wrote:
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

I seem to recall there was a gap because I didn't rejoin until a couple of years later and IIRC that was because a new forum hadn't been set up in the subsequent weeks after the old went.

Just a little history for our newer members: Bullets 'n' Babes is a pretty old place, the first website and forum (back when we had a main site that published reviews) was ran by a guy named Jenz for years before his wife sadly passed away leaving him a single father with more important things to do than keep a modestly thriving asian film community running. I think it took a few weeks before members of the old site created this newer incarnation and by then the damage as done, many of our regulars had scattered in the wind, but even back then the community was much larger than it is today.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I just got suspended from Blu-ray.com.

You want to know why?

Here it is in their own words:

"You have been banned for the following reason:
Gender discussion in the Ghostbusters thread.

Date the ban will be lifted: 07-18-2016, 10:00 AM"

Now, anyone who's visited that thread knows it's full of sexist bile, right? I made a post criticizing the rampant sexism (and gender stereotyping) and they banned me for it.
I'm not sure if the mod(s) misunderstood what I wrote (possibly) or they just deployed their usual shotgun approach in which everyone gets blamed for the actions of a minority (probably).
I didn't know all discussion of gender was suddenly verboten; it's not like I was even given a warning (in public or private).
Of course, there's no comeback.
You can't even PM a mod to plead your case.
The mods' heavy handiness ruins that forum, but there's no telling them.
They're right, everyone else is wrong. End of.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

I hate that no-PMing (reminds me of HKMDB and even if you are logged in you cannot PM.)

Do you have any copies of what you wrote?

Right now I just do not have an interest in the new Ghostbusters. Rogerbert.com had this bizarre article from one of its writers basically stating that if you had no interest in the new film you were a sexist misogynistic male who grew up playing with the toys: The Real Reason Men of a Certain Age Hate the "Ghostbusters" Remake (I'm not kidding, funny enough the film had not come out when that was written) Though funny enough now one of their critics panned the film, though she still echoes that essay "All this misplaced misogynistic hostility that has been sliming the reputation of director’s Paul Feig’s gender-reassignment redo (co-written with Katie Dippold, his partner on “The Heat”) has stirred the girl-power advocate inside of me." Of course since this is the Internet there is misogynistic hostility, but there has been a lot of criticism that had pertinent points on the problems of the redoing of this film.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Someone posted a quote complaining that the reboot stereotyped men -- as if!?!

I merely said that would make up for decades of women in Hollywood being portrayed as bitches, slaves and whores.

True story.

Pages upon pages of sexist bile, but my pro-women comment gets me a five-day suspension.

No logic, no justice.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Markgway wrote:Someone posted a quote complaining that the reboot stereotyped men -- as if!?!

I merely said that would make up for decades of women in Hollywood being portrayed as bitches, slaves and whores.

True story.

Pages upon pages of sexist bile, but my pro-women comment gets me a five-day suspension.

No logic, no justice.
That does seem a bit stupid (on their part not yours.)
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

It's the language you used, the mods at Blu-ray.com can't handle even the slightest bit of agitation and language like that is provocative to them. They don't live in the real world, the entire forum is ridiculusly over-sensitive, if someone posts a nonsensical comment and you call them up directly on it you get absolutely slaughtered by other members. On the other side of the spectrum though their resident DVD/BD reviewer Dr. Svet Asanov is allowed to talk to the members like they're a piece of dogshit he's trodden in and now has to scrape off his shoe with his fingers.