I've just got banned from KFC!

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!

Post by Shingster »

Yeah I turned into Public Enemy No.1 after expressing my opinion that the £70/80 Dawn of the Dead Limited Edition Blu-ray/UHD was a pretty extreme outlay for a single film (with three cuts, book, soundtrack CDs) and wished they'd included a less laden LE alongside it for £20-£30. Boy did they not like that! Just reminded me of all the tribal bullshit that goes on over there and decided I'd had enough.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Shingster wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 16:43 Yeah I turned into Public Enemy No.1 after expressing my opinion that the £70/80 Dawn of the Dead Limited Edition Blu-ray/UHD was a pretty extreme outlay for a single film (with three cuts, book, soundtrack CDs) and wished they'd included a less laden LE alongside it for £20-£30. Boy did they not like that! Just reminded me of all the tribal bullshit that goes on over there and decided I'd had enough.
That's too bad. I loved seeing you get into fights :lol: It brought a bit of color to an awfully dull forum
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

It does seem as if the mods are on a mission to create the blandest, most censorious forum on the interweb.

Maybe it's secretly run by the CCP? :icon_suspect:
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

That's a shame Shingster :(
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

HungFist wrote: 07 Aug 2020, 15:46 That's too bad. I loved seeing you get into fights :lol: It brought a bit of color to an awfully dull forum
Yeah that was the other problem, I'm too argumentative for that place and like Mark I was on the "next ban will last for weeks" stage, so I had to be really careful! :D

Speaking of Bluray.com mods being major censorious and argumentative members: How the fudge has Aclea managed to get banned?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

No idea, but Aclea is one of the most knowledgeable posters on that forum.

Maybe he farted in the wrong key?
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Aclea was very vocal on the Fu Manchu thread...

How the hell Richard W doesn't get a permannent ban (which he richly deserves) is beyond me
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Yeah I know Aclea likes a good debate and all, but I've never seen him post anything that could ever be construed as inflammatory to any mods! I bet he fell foul of their absurd political comment rules.

I must admit I don't think I've ever butted heads with Richard W so can't think of any egregious posts he's made in the past, then again I tend to recognise posters more by their avatars than user names!
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Shingster wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 01:45 Yeah I know Aclea likes a good debate and all, but I've never seen him post anything that could ever be construed as inflammatory to any mods! I bet he fell foul of their absurd political comment rules.
The way I see it: if you haven't been banned yet, you're doing it wrong. :D

I think I've had six, and that was without really trying. :cool:
then again I tend to recognise posters more by their avatars than user names!
Does that make me a pussy? :oops: ;)
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

You can be a "pussy" in the mafiosa sense if you want, but you earn that nickname if you were once a cat burglar apparently! :D

I remember there was one loopy member over there that always referred to you as Kitty or somesuch because of your avatar, forgot his username!

Think I was on 4 or 5 bans by the time I quit the boards, I think by the time you hit your fourth you're looking at about a month for each ban. Pretty crazy when you can easily get banned on that place for comments made weeks prior that didn't insult or offend anyone, nor cause any form of distress or conflict (in fact can gain blanket approval and agreement), just because it might have infringed on one of their absurd draconian rules.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Don't see many of you guys on Kung Fu Fandom. It needs better contributors!
bradavon wrote:
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Yeah I remember joining many years ago and visiting fairly regularly although not really ever posting much, not really had any reason to visit the place since it found its new home as my focus kinda drifted away from asian cinema. I always intend to up my Korean and Japanese viewing but never do, HK viewing these days is relegated to whatever 88 and Eureka are putting out, so it's revisiting old classics only really.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

I'm just tired of my notifications being nothing but Dragonsclaws just automatically liking every damn post.
bradavon wrote:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Killer Meteor wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 18:15 I'm just tired of my notifications being nothing but Dragonsclaws just automatically liking every damn post.
That explains it. :D

Like Shingster, my time is mostly taken up with Eureka and 88 Films classic releases (2021 will rock!).

It was easier in the old days to spend time catching up on bootleg Fu because there was nothing else to watch!
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Killer Meteor wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 18:15 I'm just tired of my notifications being nothing but Dragonsclaws just automatically liking every damn post.
And I though he only loved me! :lol:

No, seriously, I don't wanna make fun of him behind his back, I'm happy he likes my stuff, and everyone's stuff. But it's a little amusing :D
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

117 minutes later...

Not complaining, just a little amusing :lol:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Banned again!!

"You have been banned for the following reason:
***king hell, indeed. If you don't have the common courtesy to post civilly, then don't post at all. The member you insulted is disabled and expresses himself the best way he can. Or didn't you know that? Doesn't matter - your post was offensive."

How the hell could I know the guy was disabled? And Is that mentally disabled, even? Who knows? But his posts are incoherent rambles. And I (and not just me) got fed up of wading through them. Honestly the mods on that site are such trigger happy arseholes. It would've been reasonable to explain and ask me to edit my post. But no, that's not the bluray.com way. Oh, and my ban is for a whole month. Just as well I've got better shit to do.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Which member was it?
bradavon wrote:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

y2jman

People take the piss out of him all the time, but I'm the one that gets banned, even though I wasn't actually taking the piss, was just exasperated with his refusal to use punctuation and grammar. What that has to do with being "disabled" I've no idea. But you know that at least one mod has it in for me by now so I'm never entirely surprised. All my bans are for shit that others get away with. And they also always stem from said mod misunderstanding my posts. But rather than PM me and sort it out like gents, they resort to bans. And for a month... how ridiculous! But what can you do? Occasionally people speak out, but most are cowed by their reign of terror. They bow their heads and hope they won't be next. I've said it before and I'll say it again... give an asshole a modicum of power and they absolutely WILL abuse it.

Check the Halloween UHD thread.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Meh, that's what the Ignore button is for.
bradavon wrote:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I know. But I actually don't like to ban people unless they make it personal. I really just wanted him to pay attention and improve his posting. I wasn't trying to bully him, at all. Obviously it seems harsh having read his subsequent posts about learning difficulties -- BUT I didn't know about that at the time and was treating him the same as I would any other poster. Not that I was given the chance to explain any of this. To be honest I think he would have taken it better than the mod(s) did. But you do see the hypocrisy in my banning when others were mocking him AFTER I got my ban. I was singled out AGAIN. I go to the site because of the useful information and to exchange banter with a few decent posters... but in terms of moderation and bullying (from those who have the power) it's a real shit show. It amazes me that a site where actual insiders and those who work in the industry (not me, BTW) can get banned, and yet the likes of Backwards Jim and Gloria troll every thread, can take itself so damn seriously.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

"I got no women so I'm good..."
bradavon wrote:
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

I've been getting grief on another forum from a noted blu-ray extras contributor who is banned on Blu-ray.com so takes it out on me on another forum where he has admin priviledges! He even "outed" me on this other forum (I post under a different name there). To what purpose I do not know.
bradavon wrote:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Grief over what? Do you know why they're banned on bluray.com? Need a bit more info here as I'm really not sure who this in reference to or what the problem is?

I know it's not me as I don't have admin privileges anywhere. I mean who would be crazy enough to give me those?? :D
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Michael Brooke, banned on blu-ray.com (no idea why) and stormed off the Roobarb's Classic TV forum, so he has a go at me on Criterion Forum (via PM and the forum) over issues he has with how I am on the former two forums! And as I post under a different name on Criterion Forum, he told everyone there who I was on Blu-ray.com!
bradavon wrote: