Celebrity Big Brother 2007

Discussion of Television Shows & Channels
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Rubbish - she didn't laugh because she was nervous. She laughed because she got a kick out of seeing someone miserable. At what point in the house did she display any nerves? Bloody skank.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Fair enough Bisc, I'm only quoting what she said - as I said I didnt really see it :)
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Shilpa won, well done to her. Although I would've liked to have seen Jermaine or Ian win.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Lol, what a surprise. :lol:
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

She won by a collosal margin. Like 67% of the votes min.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

It was a pretty good finale but man didn't they rush it. 6 people out in 2 hours, how daft.

It will be interesting if we in the West ever hear from Shilpa again, very interesting.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Expect the hardback to be forthcoming...

SHILPA: MY STORY.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

:D Probably.
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

Either that, or JADE: MY EXCUSE.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I've read conflicting stuff - one said Shilpa forgives Jade for what she said, but today in the papers she is quoted as saying she was very hurt and still feels hurt, and Jade and Jo in particular should "get help".
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

That's not conflicting information. You can forgive someone but still be hurt and wish they'd get help.

Personally I don't think we'll see a book but maybe.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Did anyone see that interview with Jo on GMTV.

Man, she was shellshocked. I felt sorry for her.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Wasn't it on during the day? Some of us aren't bums and have work to be at :D

Did she look sincere?

Jade certainly didn't. She took her time apologising. So far only Danielle has come across as sincere, mostly because she's not laid it on really thick. If Jade laid it on any thicker you could make custard with it.
Stephen
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by Stephen »

I saw the interview and didn't feel for her one bit. She is still refusing to acknowledge that she was a bully to Shilpa or that her comments about her were unnacceptable. Her claims of not meaning to offend or be racist are irrelevant since she clearly did both anyway, consciously or not - trying to pass the blame on to Big Brother for exploiting her in the edit just makes her look even worse. She should be glad Shilpa isn't holding a grudge and take her up on her offer to seek some professional help. Maybe then she'll stop this wallowing and accept her share of the blame.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

bradavon wrote:Wasn't it on during the day? Some of us aren't bums and have work to be at :D
GMTV is on in the morning, Brad, as it has been for the past 20 years. :roll:
Did she look sincere?
She was visibly shaking and crying. Looked fairly convincing to me.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Stephen wrote:I saw the interview and didn't feel for her one bit. She is still refusing to acknowledge that she was a bully to Shilpa or that her comments about her were unnacceptable. Her claims of not meaning to offend or be racist are irrelevant since she clearly did both anyway, consciously or not - trying to pass the blame on to Big Brother for exploiting her in the edit just makes her look even worse. She should be glad Shilpa isn't holding a grudge and take her up on her offer to seek some professional help. Maybe then she'll stop this wallowing and accept her share of the blame.
I agree she should accept her blame - but I meant the part about getting death threats. That's not on. What she said on BB was wrong but the response is waaaaay out of proportion. She's a bully who used some racist insults, which isn't quite the same as being a racist. Not that the tabloids care.
Stephen
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by Stephen »

Markgway wrote:I agree she should accept her blame - but I meant the part about getting death threats. That's not on. What she said on BB was wrong but the response is waaaaay out of proportion. She's a bully who used some racist insults, which isn't quite the same as being a racist. Not that the tabloids care.
Yes, I don't believe any of the three girls deserve the kind of extreme response they've received. Jo just seems the most deluded by not facing up to what she's done. Jade and Danielle at least have realised their wrongdoing and are attempting to make things right, even if that's probably partly PR-fuelled too.
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XopgVw5B0FQ

Youtube clip of the aforementioned Jo GMTV interview.

Whilst I don't think she deserves this sort of treatment, like Stephen, I don't feel sorry for her in the slightest.

She represents a group of people that I detest completely - unable to take responsibility for one's actions. How can she stand there and refuse to admit she was wrong? She blames it on the editing and C4 manipulation but the bullying was certainly black and white. There is no excuse and she brought this upon herself. She knew fine well that she'd be in live TV and there would be consequences of her actions - however severe.

Again - it's unfortunate what's happening to her but I've got much bigger things to give a shit about.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Of course they deserve the treatment they're getting - bullying is an awful thing to do. Intentionally trying to make an individual hate themselves and feel isolated is absolutely disgusting, and even makes people commit suicide. They are now suffering their penance, and they totally deserve it.
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Well I'd like to think that two wrongs don't make a right. I wouldn't stoop to her level and bully her like the press/public are doing. But at the same time, I'm not gonna go out of my way to feel sympathetic for her.

Let's say I'm indifferent.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

WOW some turn around from Shilpa: http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/news/Ar ... id=2711793

She comes across as a bit stuck up to me.

"She told the Daily Mirror she had no idea the bullying was so bad until she watched the complete footage of her ordeal."

Huh? You were there for the worst of it. I'm guessing possibly these words are being taken out of context.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

I think she meant that by watching the footage, it was apparent how obvious the bullying was, rather than people just having arguments with her, etc.
Stephen
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by Stephen »

She was also unaware of all the bitching and name-calling behind her back until she saw the footage. Shilpa can be snobbish for sure, but I think her pleasant personality mostly makes up for that.
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

The Daily Mirror have more than likely been selective with their quotes. Don't be so quick to judge Brad.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I'm not per se, as in:

"I'm guessing possibly these words are being taken out of context."
Stephen wrote:She was also unaware of all the bitching and name-calling behind her back until she saw the footage. Shilpa can be snobbish for sure, but I think her pleasant personality mostly makes up for that.
True. It does sound out of character.

I do also think "they need professional help" is completely OTT. If they do then you better send a large percentage of the female population. It really just boils down to female bitchy and jealousy.

It's unfortunately natural for some women to be bitchy and jealous of other women. It's not an uncommon thing. Shilpa even said herself "women are naturally insecure".

And men are sex mad :D

Why has Shilpa forgiven Danielle anyway? She was easily as bad as Joe, if not worse. I guess Danielle is more impressionable though.
Markgway wrote:She's a bully who used some racist insults, which isn't quite the same as being a racist.
It's also supposed to be a reality TV show (of course it far from is) so only reflects what people think/say.
Thanks Bisc.