Hurry! Fist Of Legend Blu-Ray £7.99 Delivered!!

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Re: Hurry! Fist Of Legend Blu-Ray £7.99 Delivered!!

Post by luckystars »

Arrived today and just gave it a spin. The picture quality is a joy - it took me a while to adjust to seeing the film so clearly as I'm so used to my VHS :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Just a shame the US credits are so naff! :rage:
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Got mine yesterday (Monday).

The good --
The image is the best I've ever seen (sharp and colourful with film grain) even though a little more remastering could've been done (some speckles and a vertical black line at one point).
Original mono soundtrack is very clear
Subs were subs not dubtitles (at least that I could see).
Plenty extras (which I haven't watch yet) and a Bey Logan audio com (which I'm half way thru).

The bad --
Miramax logo at the beginning (*shudder*)
Crappy new credit sequence (which means no credit for poor old Joseph Koo).
Missing final shot (not of any great consequence)
New end credit scroll (whcih cheekily gives as much space to those who worked on the Dimension recut).
...and last but not least....
Frame blending. Yes, the problem reported with the Dragon Dynasty DVD has been carried over. The transfer is 1080p and isn't interlaced but there's a flaw that means every so often a frame blends/duplicates(?) creating a noticeable split second blur. I don't have a BD-Rom so can't do any caps but if you want examples just check out the opening fight in the classroom - happens a few times like when Jet Li kicks the chair away and the Black Dragon thug smashes thru the desk.

So hardly perfect but it'll have to do until a better version comes along (some chance).
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Is the Frame blending annoying? On a scale of 1 to 10. The rest of your bad list doesn't bother me at all. To me, it's just credits.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

It annoyed me. That's all I can say.

Sam also has the disc. Maybe he can do caps of the blending.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Play.com now also has Fist of Legend for 8 pounds (or 11,50 euro, due to play.com's fucked up currency-exchange...)

Thinking about ordering it, or instead wait for zavvi.com to have it on sale (zavvi uses the actual current currency-exchange, instead of overcharging...)
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...