What Sports have you just seen.. marks out of 5

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: What Sports have you just seen.. marks out of 5

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:Sorry but that's bollocks.both were penalties.Eboue was brainless.When Gooner Smith.,looking gutted afterwards on Sky Sports says it was a penalty it says it all.Not that it matters anyway regarding the league,Arsenal haven't got the balls to win it unfortunately.
I've watched the playback a dozen times and am 99.9% convinced it wasn't a penalty. I certainly would not have given it. It's shit like that that's ruining the game. Football is no longer a contact sport. It's a diving contest for overpaid nancy boys. Sad.

No idea why Liverpool are gloating. For the sake of a meaningless draw they've just handed the league to arch rivals Man Utd who will almost certainly now break Liverpool's league titles record. Congrats. :thumbs:
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Markgway wrote: Sad.

No idea why Liverpool are gloating. For the sake of a meaningless draw they've just handed the league to arch rivals Man Utd who will almost certainly now break Liverpool's league titles record. Congrats. :thumbs:
Who's gloating? so we shouldn't be happy to get a draw in the 102nd minute playing with two kids at full back,losing the captain to injury,losing the centre forward to injury and suffering the deflating the 98th minute penalty? And as for handing the league to Utd :roll: yeah right,it was our fault Arsenal chucked 4 goal leads away at Newcastle,lost at home to WBA,Newcastle,lost a 2 goal lead to Spurs. drew dismally at home recently with relegation battlers Sunderland & Blackburn and let 10 man Wigan get an equaliser :lol: We stuffed Utd the other week,unfortunately Arsenal couldn't take advantage.You moan about cheating then seem to suggest in the next breath we should've lay down and let Arsenal win...double standards at play there Mark.
working class blu-ray fan
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:Who's gloating?
Kuyt equalises in the 102nd minute :notworthy:
...and that mumbling muppet Dalglish has had a smirk on his face since yesterday. If I was a Liverpool fan I'd actually be pissed off.
so we shouldn't be happy to get a draw in the 102nd minute playing with two kids at full back,losing the captain to injury,losing the centre forward to injury and suffering the deflating the 98th minute penalty?
In this instance: No. Think about the bigger picture. The draw was almost meaningless. It's not like Liverpool are likely to make the top four. But a win for Arsenal could've stopped Man Utd. Hey, if Liverpool won 2-0 in 90 mins I'd say fair play. But I couldn't get excited about a costly 102m goal (the board said 8 mins for starters) gained from a penalty that should never have been...... But you're absolutely right about Arsenal being their own worst enemies.
You moan about cheating then seem to suggest in the next breath we should've lay down and let Arsenal win...double standards at play there Mark.
Oh no. That's not what I meant. Liverpool should play every game to win. What I'm saying is I don't see how any fan could have been happy with the outcome and the means of obtaining that point. We have similar situations up in Scotland where teams cut each other's throats so that 'the old firm' can scoop the trophies every fucking year.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Markgway wrote:
saltysam wrote:Who's gloating?
Kuyt equalises in the 102nd minute :notworthy:
so every time i celebrate a Liverpool goal i'm gloating?
Markgway wrote:and that mumbling muppet Dalglish has had a smirk on his face since yesterday. If I was a Liverpool fan I'd actually be pissed off.
Why would you be pissed off if you were a Liverpool fan?The man is an iconic legend to us,you clearly don't like him and it's clouding your judgement.Even on the sports forums i frequent Utd fans were laughing at him telling that old queen Wenger to piss off.
Markgway wrote: But I couldn't get excited about a costly 102m goal (the board said 8 mins for starters) gained from a penalty that should never have been
you aren't cut out to be a football fan.so hypothetically,if your team equalised in a similar fashion and you were there were watching it you'd stand there glaring in disapproval??.....

Markgway wrote: What I'm saying is I don't see how any fan could have been happy with the outcome and the means of obtaining that point.
i've been going to games for nigh on 40 years and the day i stop celebrating my team scoring is the day i stop going.i don't like Utd but let's be honest,they've been the best team in the country for most of the last 20 years and deserve the title much as it pains me to say it.As for my team,i can see for the first time in ages promising signs we are on the way back....so forgive me for being happy.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

You do realise that Man Utd will have now broken Liverpool's joint record for number of championships won? Maybe you think that's worth a cheap goal? We see things differently. And I'd say the same if it was my own team involved. I've nothing against Liverpool FC. I just don't understand your mindset.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

It was just your typical Arsenal result once again. I watched the whole game, both sides weren't all that good TBH, although the young defenders now getting a chance in the Liverpool-squad looked promising, and in the end Arsenal win it all and somehow manage to give it away again, because they're just too fucking naieve for a couple of seasons now.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Can't believe we couldnt hold onto a lead for a few mns.. typical.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Markgway wrote:You do realise that Man Utd will have now broken Liverpool's joint record for number of championships won?
Like i said,they've been the best team in the country for 20 years,they deserve it.i't's something that was going to happen sooner or later,i'm not going to slit my wrists about it.I've seen more success supporting LFC than 99.9% of fans of most clubs can dream of,i've been lucky and we if we never win another thing the team has giving me moments i'll always treasure..
Markgway wrote:I just don't understand your mindset.
We'll agree to diifer then because i'll never get my head around the mindset of a football supporter who can honestly say they could stand there and not celebrate a dramatic equaliser by their own team in a football match.in fact,i find it utterly bizarre,it's not something i think i've ever heard a football supporter say before.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Barcelona pissing all over Man Utd in glorious HD....10/10
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

They were just too good :notworthy: :clap:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Deserved win for Barca, although I was rooting for Man utd because of the play-acting antics of some of the Barca players in earlier matches. And obviously I was hoping Vd Sar would end his fantastic career with a 3rd CL trophy.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Barcelona outclassed Man Utd (a team I have no love for).
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Man Utd v Arsenal: 0/5

Just: :o :o
We played like a Non league team FFS, or worse. The biggest butt raping since butt raping was invented.
:(
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Blimey Utd 8 Arsenal 2 :o i know Wenger's got injuries and has lost Nasri & Fabregas,plus Utd are unfortunately awesome but that is just capitulation.Can Wenger turn it around?
degeneration
Royal Tramp

Post by degeneration »

This was the first football match i've watched in god knows how long, and I picked a great one to watch!

Arsenal were poor, United were very good, and to be honest, Arsenal are lucky it wasn't more than 8. United ripped the arsenal defence apart every time they went forward, and if it wasn't for some selfish, egotistical play on several occasions, they surely would have scored more.

I have Rooney on my fantasy football team, but for some stupid reason I removed his captaincy for this week!! D'oh!