Zimbabwe elections

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Mugabe has blamed everyone except his own party. I doubt anyone in Zimbabwe believes it except his own party. The footage of burnt to a cinder bodies on TV was just awful.

He now has to blame the MDC as he can no longer blame The UK, America and the rest of Europe.

The BBC News said the Morgan Changari said he may pull out to bring more awareness to the problems. I hope that's true as it would be a shame to stop now, when the second row of elections are due in only 5 days.

Sadly though all this is just political it won't mean a thing while the army is on Mugabe's side. The BBC News also said the MDC won an election in 2000 which just mean a swift uproar of violence by Mugabe's thugs and that put an end to that one. The violence is going to continue. It's not even a shot to the head and it's own but it's incredibly sadistic, brutal violence. Designed to bring the people into submission.

It does clearly show how corrupt the American government is. Bush goes on about "the moral high ground" (which we know is a blatant lie) and being the peace keeper of the world, but isn't it funny how it only goes after regimes that suit his benefits.

The American Administration could bring and end to Mugabe's and the Burmese regimes much quicker than they have in Iraq. Unless I' mistaken both are run by a relatively small army force. They don't have the people on their side, unlike Iraq which is lawless.

What pisses me off more than anything, to do with this, is if the South African government (who've largely said nothing) and other big African governments spoke out it would make life much harder for Mugabe, but they'd rather say nothing and continue to trade with him. Which is sick!

EDIT: I see what you mean :( -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7467990.stm

They've come this far and it won't make the violence stop. They won the first round. I guess by pulling out Mugabe cannot say he outright won (even if it's a lie). I'm sure that's why he wanted a second run off, so he could claim legitimacy.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

MDC has quit the elections, basically handing victory to Mugabe :( :evil:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

There was less than zero percent chance of him winning.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Mugabe is scum :evil:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I've just heard on the news, Mugabe is so upset by someone called "Grim Tales's" comments, he's decided to stand down.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Tsvangarai pulled out because Mugabe had threatened to execute anyone who voted against him. It's a disgrace. The U.N. should do something now.
Last edited by Markgway on 23 Jun 2008, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Brad,
:D
Whats the point of having a "free vote" if you're killed for voting the wrong way? :(
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Mugabe even said he'd go to war to make sure the MDC didn't get in. The Liberal Democrats are more useful than The UN :D.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

The leader of the MDC party is Prime Minister of Zimbabwe now, I think he's sharing power with Mugabe (he's still President).