The off-topic topic

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Post Reply
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

Very sorry to hear that Yi :( That's awful :(
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

grim_tales wrote:Very sorry to hear that Yi :( That's awful :(
Thanks Grim.

Yeah, it's awfull, but luckily it's just a wrecked car, and apart from their aunt, no REALLY serious injuries. I hope the aunt will be OK ofcourse, but TBH I'm very relieved that everyone survived.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

Hope your girlfriend and her family emerge unscathed.

It's always best not to travel in this weather.
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:Hope your girlfriend and her family emerge unscathed.

It's always best not to travel in this weather.
Thanks :)

I know, which is why I didn't go tonight to visit her.

She and her sis did check out the reports about the situation on the road though, right before they left, and there were no warningsigns or anything. She said all the info said the big roads were perfect and didnt cause any problems.

Will probably visit her tomorrow, but as she is on the other side of the country, I'm kinda dependent on the public transportation, so if there are no busses tomorrow, and/or the trains are a mess again, I either have to go by car (which I rather wouldn't), or I'll have to stay home (which I also rather wouldn't).

Ah well, we'll see. The important thing is they're all save.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 11:14

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Shingster »

Very sorry to hear about your Girlfriend Yi, hope her and her family aren't too shaken up about it and the Aunt pulls through. I once knew a chap who suffered from PTSD after a car crash, it was a terrible affliction.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

Shingster wrote:Very sorry to hear about your Girlfriend Yi, hope her and her family aren't too shaken up about it and the Aunt pulls through. I once knew a chap who suffered from PTSD after a car crash, it was a terrible affliction.
Thanks Shing. Aunt is back home now. I just threw a bunch of postcards their way, so should arrive tomorrow. Aunt had a couple of broken chestbones, and a broken wrist. Girlfriend and her sister have an aching neck, some headaches, and are just very tired and still a bit 'shocked' I guess...
My GF asked and received for some time off in the mornings, so she can come in later than usual, and she made sure no-one bothers her too much at work by asking her to do shit she shouldn't be doing.
Will visit them this weekend, if the weather allows it.

@Hung: once again, great pictures, you lucky bastard. :)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

Our snow is melting :(
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

The thrill of snow wears off pretty quick...
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

True.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

It's all but gone up here. Mind you I live in an urban area.
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

Here it's still lying around, but we live in a pretty quiet neighbourhood (yet extremely close to the city-centre).

I love snow, yet I hate the cold, and the mess that comes with snow. Once people trample it and it's melting in a sloppy goey mess, the fun is pretty much over.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

I agree with Yi. I love snow at first, its really pretty but when it melts it's all sloppy and gooey and I dont like that sort of snow :( Really hard to walk on.
There are some bits n pieces left round my area but its mostly gone.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

The word you're both looking for is 'slush'.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

gasteropod wrote:The word you're both looking for is 'slush'.
Thanks Anne. :)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by romerojpg »

grim_tales wrote: it's all sloppy and gooey

There are some bits n pieces left round my area but its mostly gone.

:lol:
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11928
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Contact:

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by HungFist »

Image

God damn, watch this film.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

A little boy raises over £30,000 for Haiti:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100124/tuk ... dbed5.html

Very nice to see :) :thumbs:
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

I did a bit more practising singing today :D
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 11:14

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Shingster »

I remembered to breathe today, more than once!
I also had breakfast, and dinner! :thumbs:



:P
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by IronMonkey »

But you obviously forgot elevenses & lunch & supper, so quite clearly you fail! :P
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

I poked around in my nose a bit today. It's awesome that this body comes with it's own private snack-machine attached to your face. I got a nice crunchy green-yellow one, which was quite delicious, if I say so myself...

Other than that, I did absolutely NOTHING productive at all. Didn't even play a videogame. Another wasted day. Still, the snot was a highlight.
Last edited by Yi-Long on 26 Jan 2010, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by romerojpg »

I won the lottery, then woke up.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

Inspired by a dream, I bought some grapes.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

I almost saw a cat today.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by romerojpg »

Yi-Long wrote:I almost saw a cat today.
I missed that one and nearly saw another.
Post Reply