You've paid stupid prices for stuff many times,have you seen the light or has the credit crunch hit youromerojpg wrote:Well I dont consider nearly £14 anything close to a bargain, any region.
The Amazon Bargains Thread!
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
working class blu-ray fan
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Good price 
GHD doesnt appear to be scheduled in the UK yet - Amazon UK/Play etc just say "Coming Soon".
GHD doesnt appear to be scheduled in the UK yet - Amazon UK/Play etc just say "Coming Soon".
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
S12 has some brilliant episodes (Trilogy of Error, Hungry Hungry Homer, Homer v Dignity) but some poor ones too.
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
I only pay higher prices for things that will only be available for a short time, Limited Edition, not available elsewhere cheaper in the future, or the only way tgo get a certain thing that will never come out elsewhere.
Groundhog day will be far, far cheaper in time, in many other regions.
Groundhog day will be far, far cheaper in time, in many other regions.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
No one is disputing that-you can say the same about 95% of titles.not always though,i'm still waiting for that £6 bargain bin UK release of my favourite film AOP13,still not out over a year since the Region A appeared. Fact is Grim appears to have found the very cheapest price CURRENTLYromerojpg wrote:
Groundhog day will be far, far cheaper in time, in many other regions.
available in the UK for Groundhog Day Blu-Ray
working class blu-ray fan
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
I dont really care much at all about which region they aresaltysam wrote: (oh and your point about Region A? This disc is region-free!)
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Sometimes they are, sometimes not.
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Grim they are pretty much ALL THE TIME cheaper in UK, I look and see which is the best price before I buy the hundreds I do. You are just blind if you think overseas prices beat the UK.
You cannot comment anyway you think paying £14 for Groundhog Day is a Bargain, it is not.
You cannot comment anyway you think paying £14 for Groundhog Day is a Bargain, it is not.
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
I dunno, I thought $15.47 I paid for Goldfinger BD (with shipping) before Xmas was a good price. And what about Snow White BD combo? That was an amazing bargain.
TGTBATU was about $11 (not including shipping).
TGTBATU was about $11 (not including shipping).
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Even if you averaged £6 a disc buying them in those vast quantities must still be costing you a fortuneromerojpg wrote: before I buy the hundreds I do
working class blu-ray fan
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
I'd be very surprised if Groundhog Day doesn't come out here within the next few months... unless you must have it right now I would wait.
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Yup but think of all I savesaltysam wrote:Even if you averaged £6 a disc buying them in those vast quantities must still be costing you a fortuneromerojpg wrote: before I buy the hundreds I do
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Fair enoughMarkgway wrote:I'd be very surprised if Groundhog Day doesn't come out here within the next few months... unless you must have it right now I would wait.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
It's been out nearly a year in France and it's still expensive
http://www.amazon.fr/Un-jour-sans-fin-B ... 654&sr=1-5
http://www.amazon.fr/Un-jour-sans-fin-B ... 654&sr=1-5
working class blu-ray fan
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
French discs are always expensive though.
Me too. I'm pretty sure it's the same studio in both countries. If it were different studios, I may not wait. The gap can be years.Markgway wrote:I'd be very surprised if Groundhog Day doesn't come out here within the next few months... unless you must have it right now I would wait.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
it's expensive in Germany as well,a place i've picked up cheap discs from in the past. if Grim really wants it he should pay the £13 or whatever to Amazon. he must've been happy with the price or he wouldn't have posted the bargain.The film itself isn't a keeper for me.
working class blu-ray fan
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Markgway wrote:HEATHERS $5.99 at .com
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Why is my post funny?
It's a good black comedy/satire so at that price I ordered it.
It's a good black comedy/satire so at that price I ordered it.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Amazon.com, its the AMAZON bargains thread 
My IQ must be rising
My IQ must be rising
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Ahh, it all makes sense now. I didn't know which thread I was in tbh.
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
I noticed this site - anyone seen it?
Amazon's secret bargain basement - you can select what you want and some things may be up to 90% off.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shoppi ... holes#tool
Amazon's secret bargain basement - you can select what you want and some things may be up to 90% off.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shoppi ... holes#tool
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Men In Black USA BD (uncut): $12.49: http://www.amazon.com/Men-Black-BD-Live ... 574&sr=1-2
Pity the $ doesnt seem very good right now.
Pity the $ doesnt seem very good right now.

