The off-topic topic

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Post Reply
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

Phew! :D
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by saltysam »

Spot the action star

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
working class blu-ray fan
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

saltysam wrote:In other breaking news i felt my bladder needed emptying around 4:15 am this morning,however after some deliberation i felt it was unwarranted to leave my warm comfy bed at such an ungodly hour and made the decision to hold it in till the alarm went off at 05:55 hrs.
I cracked out a cheeky 'lol' :lol:
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:Image
Keith Vitali
???
Cynthia Rothrock
Richard Norton
Matthias Hues
Loren Avedon
Don Wilson
Image
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11927
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Contact:

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by HungFist »

Why do I always schedule sushi and hangover for the same morning...???

Went to sleep at 4, woke up at 9 cause I had to got to the bank, then sushi, then fucking rain, then back home to sleep... just to have a terrible nightmare (ex-girlfriend had given birth to my baby without telling me anything about it...)

edit: typo
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by saltysam »

Markgway wrote:
Keith Vitali
???
Cynthia Rothrock
Richard Norton
Matthias Hues
Loren Avedon
Don Wilson


Think the 2nd guy must be a fan who jumped into the picture :) the guy in the 2nd pic between Rothrock & Norton is Conan Lee.
working class blu-ray fan
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

The second guy is obviously Sylvester Stallone!
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:the guy in the 2nd pic between Rothrock & Norton is Conan Lee.
Yeah, he looks pretty much the same.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

HungFist wrote:Why do I always schedule sushi and hangover for the same morning...???

Went to sleep at 4, woke up at 9 cause I had to got to the bank, then sushi, then fucking rain, then back home to sleep... just to have a terrible nightmare (ex-girlfriend had given bith to my baby without telling me anything about it...)
Sounds like a candidate for The Jeremy Kyle Show :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

I noticed not one but three parking tickets on my car recently (I'm barely driving it at the moment). I e-mailed the local council to say I didn't think this was fair because the paint on the road has almost completely worn away (there are just a few white marks left, presumabely once saying disabled) and the sign that says it's disabled you cannot see in the dark, but as there was a sign I was prepared to pay for one of them. I called today and to my amazement all three have been cancelled, with the reason "parking ticket challenge accepted"!

I was so expecting some big challenge or having to fill in some stupid bureaucratic form but just like that, they cancelled all of them. I never expected that. On occasion the little man really does prevail.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

Haha, not bad mate :thumbs:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

I know. Especially as I clearly said, I was prepared to pay the cheapest ticket. Our council is usually run by a bunch of knob heads, so I never thought there was really any point even trying to challenge it.

Two of the tickets were for £70 (or £35 if paid within 14 days) and the last for £50 (or £25 if paid within 14 days). I looked it up and the higher amount is for "high level contraventions". The car hadn't moved, so why did two wardens consider it high and the last low? Surely it should be clearly laid out for them. I guess not!
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

Proves that it's always worth a challenge.
Image
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by saltysam »

Off to a large function in London tomorrow,been selected as one of the representatives for my company who are up for a few awards.All expenses paid first class travel and a posh hotel but i'm dreading it,not really my scene at all and i'm wishing i had the balls to pull out :|
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:All expenses paid first class travel and a posh hotel
What a fucking nightmare!?! :o ;)
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

I know what you mean Salty. They're always such a drag, are they anyone's scene? I doubt it. I used to have to spend a week, twice a year at a Birmingham NEC show. It was always super boring but I did it because due to the sheer amount of overtime it incurred, my salary that month went up by a third. Which obviously made it worthwhile.

How many days is it? First Class flight. In these economic times!
Last edited by bradavon on 18 Sep 2010, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

The Geek who managed to watch every film from Empire's Top 500 films of all time in just 365 days:

http://www.empireonline.com/empireblogs ... /post/p931

Damn impressive. He's the ultimate film boffin. I bet Hungfist could beat him :D. When this list was published back in 2008, I had managed to see 224 of the films in the top 500. I've no idea what it is now. The list can be found here:

http://www.cinemarealm.com/best-of-cine ... -all-time/
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by romerojpg »

Watching what some other fool thinks is a good film :lol: bahhhh sheep.

Especially shitty Empire lists :lol:

Nothing impressive at all in any way about that, apart from how sad that fool is. I watch far far more than that in shorter space of time, and things I acctually want to see (and not be told to see). I can get thru a whole TV series of 24 episodes in one weekend. Which would be 10-12 films in 48 hours, he has nothing on me.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by saltysam »

Survived my London trip,nice hotel just by Regents Park,propped up the bar until 2:35 am :) the function itself was held at the Grosvenor Hotel and was hosted by Michael Portillo who i must admit was pretty funny...had to wear a fucking tuxedo,didn't even know how to put the bow on and needed help...

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4864/dickqz.jpg
Looking a dick in a dickiebow...how apt.... :lol:
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by romerojpg »

Looks like you are being watched by the ladies behind you :thumbs:
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

You look slimmer than I expected.
Image
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by saltysam »

Markgway wrote:You look slimmer than I expected.
why do you say that :) been on a diet for a long time now
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 11:14

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Shingster »

That's coz he's lost a shitload of weight. You look sharp in the Tux salty, can't be bad to get dressed up like Bond and go to an awards ceremony at least once in your life though. I know I probably never will! :icon_suspect:
saltysam wrote:
Markgway wrote:You look slimmer than I expected.
why do you say that :) been on a diet for a long time now
I assume it's because you've mentioned your weight on here in the past, back when you were bigger.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:
Markgway wrote:You look slimmer than I expected.
why do you say that :) been on a diet for a long time now
Yeah, but last time you mentioned your diet you were still really heavy.

Most people give up after a couple of weeks.

You have a will of iron it seems.
Image
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by saltysam »

Well i'm not that slim...i was 14 st 3.5 lbs at weigh-in on Wednesday. much better than the 20-odd stone i was though :) i'm very determined not to slip back to my old ways...to put it all back on again would be a waste.
working class blu-ray fan
Post Reply