Asian Movies in HD!
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
As for LWAC, I wont order until more concrete specs appear but as it stands $40 is a good price for 6 films.
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
Not if four of them are on one disc...grim_tales wrote:but as it stands $40 is a good price for 6 films.
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
The LWAC specs havent been announced yet. Just because Shogun Assassin was on 2 discs doesnt mean LWAC will be.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
The list price for Animego's dvd box set was $149.99..it's currently $97.49 on Amazon..the blu-ray set has a list of $59.99 and amazon are currently doing pre-orders for $41.99...and are saying 2 discs...Shogun Assassin set had a listing of $89.99 and is selling for $40.94..it's on 2 discs though amazon say 5grim_tales wrote:The LWAC specs havent been announced yet. Just because Shogun Assassin was on 2 discs doesnt mean LWAC will be.
http://www.importcds.com/Movies/2426420 ... on-Blu-Ray
working class blu-ray fan
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
I'll think I pre order at Amazon, I dont have an account with Import CDs.
I ordered from Amazon to see what happens - that ImportCDs price is insane - shipping could be more expensive though, do they count (say) a 2 BD set as 2 items?
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
you'd sooner pay $13 more at Amazon because you won't spend 2 minutes setting up an account at importcds?grim_tales wrote: I'll think I pre order at Amazon, I dont have an account with Import CDs.
I ordered from Amazon to see what happens
i did a test order for a 13 disc Deadwood set which is huge..$9 shipping to the uk.Still a helluva lot cheaper than your amazon option.grim_tales wrote:shipping could be more expensive though, do they count (say) a 2 BD set as 2 items?
working class blu-ray fan
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
I cant add it to my cart on ImportCDs or do you need to log in? It says "Notify me when in stock", so I cant actually Pre Order with them, seems daft imo 
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
I made an account with them, logged in and still cant add it to my cart 
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
apparently you can only add things to the cart around 4-6 weeks before release..though the price doesn't change allegedly.weird system but hey hogrim_tales wrote:I made an account with them, logged in and still cant add it to my cart
working class blu-ray fan
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
A new Bruce Lee documentary coming to blu-ray...i've lost count of these but apparently this one is supposed to be decent.Even getting a limited cinema release
http://film.thedigitalfix.com/content/i ... -july.html
http://film.thedigitalfix.com/content/i ... -july.html
working class blu-ray fan
- Keung
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 23 Jan 2005, 01:18
- Location: England
- Contact:
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
A bunch of celebrities nobody gives a fuck about telling us how he inspired them to do things nobody gives a fuck about. Brilliant! Shannon Lee is a money grabbing whore.

- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
Thankssaltysam wrote:apparently you can only add things to the cart around 4-6 weeks before release..though the price doesn't change allegedly.weird system but hey hogrim_tales wrote:I made an account with them, logged in and still cant add it to my cart
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
I wonder if they'll put that on the poster?Keung wrote:A bunch of celebrities nobody gives a fuck about telling us how he inspired them to do things nobody gives a fuck about. Brilliant! Shannon Lee is a money grabbing whore.
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
Bugger, now the price has gone up for LWAC - still cheaper than Amazon mind ($31.49 now). I hope its still that price by next week.
I still dont see the point of a cheap price if you cant actually pre order it at that price.
I still dont see the point of a cheap price if you cant actually pre order it at that price.
- HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11929
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
- Contact:
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
How is the audio on the Long Arm of the Law HK BD?
- Xenon
- Pedicab Driver
- Posts: 246
- Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 16:28
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
Cantonese 7.1 / 48 kHz / 24-bit (AC3 Embedded: 5.1-EX / 48 kHz / 640 kbps)
Mandarin 5.1-EX / 48 kHz / 640 kbps
Mandarin 5.1-EX / 48 kHz / 640 kbps
- HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11929
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
- Contact:
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
I know what the specifications are, I'm asking if the tracks are as crap as usual.
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
I think the specs give that one away.HungFist wrote:I know what the specifications are, I'm asking if the tracks are as crap as usual.
- HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11929
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
- Contact:
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
I know, I know... But I think I heard somewhere that the BD mixes in general might be less terrible than what used to be on the DVDs. But I don't have any confirmation for this.
Is there any passable dvd edition available? Been wanting to see the film for a long time.
Is there any passable dvd edition available? Been wanting to see the film for a long time.
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
I haven't heard that. Seems unlikely to be honest.HungFist wrote:But I think I heard somewhere that the BD mixes in general might be less terrible than what used to be on the DVDs. But I don't have any confirmation for this.
The Joy Sales DVD (Fortune Star remaster) should be passable, but I haven't seen it myself. It apparently contains the original Cantonese mono, but you'd need to check to be sure.Is there any passable dvd edition available? Been wanting to see the film for a long time.
- HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11929
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
- Contact:
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
thanks
-
Marshall
- Jade Tiger
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 30 Oct 2009, 05:11
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
Please forgive my abject ignorance, but what is that photo from?Keung wrote:A bunch of celebrities nobody gives a fuck about telling us how he inspired them to do things nobody gives a fuck about. Brilliant! Shannon Lee is a money grabbing whore.
Edit: clarification--your signature pic--what is it from?
Last edited by Marshall on 19 Aug 2012, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
-
drees5761
- Jackie Chan's Little Toe
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 23 Sep 2011, 10:19
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
Interesting new Bruce Lee Blu ray releases in Japan later this year. It looks like you will have the option of 4 dub tracks, Mandarin / Cantonese / English Dubbed / Japanese dub. Also it says Japanese theatrical version, which could be interesting because these have a different music track..see here for details....http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=203248
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
Reading about them on the forums - they look interesting.. I've never seen the "Japanese theatrical versions" before or Fist of Fury's Mandarin trailer.
I already have about 4 DVDs of The Big Boss though - will it be the uncut Mandarin print? (kidding)
Might get BOSS and FIST.
I already have about 4 DVDs of The Big Boss though - will it be the uncut Mandarin print? (kidding)
Might get BOSS and FIST.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
That's a tongue twister, no English subsgrim_tales wrote:Reading about them on the forums - they look interesting.. I've never seen the "Japanese theatrical versions" before or Fist of Fury's Mandarin trailer.
