My uncle wants some anti-spam software/spam blocker stuff for his PC for Xmas (?), I think he has Norton Internet Security (presumably the latest version)
Any good seperate anti-spam programs out there? I can't find a Norton one for some reason.
In reviews McAfee and Norton both get very similar reviews. Both are roughly as resource hungry and very similar in fact.Keung wrote:McAfee. End of. Hate Norton, fucked my last PC up somehow.
Only one version is free and it's not the version I run. The Firewall (cut down) is free not the Suite. I pay less than £20 a year, not exactly a lot of money.EvaUnit02 wrote:Pay for ZoneAlarm? BWHAHAHAHA!
My Dad runs SpamFigter (despite ZoneAlarm IS also giving him this functionality which that part is disabled, silly man).gojensen wrote:Not many plain email anti-spam softwares there was there?
It would be easier to just change your e-mail address. Personally I only get 3-5 spam e-mails a day so have no Spam filter, it all goes into my Inbox and I delete it manually.gojensen wrote:Personally I use pyzor2, dcc, razor and spamassassin in conjunction with a greylisting mail server. Bye bye spam.
LOL so he wasgojensen wrote:AFAIK Ad-Aware, SpyBot and it's kin is mainly for ferreting out malware, and garbed autoinstalled without the users consent. I got the impression grim was asking for software to clean up his email...
Of course we all have our own levels of what we consider expensive vs. cheap depending on each item.EvaUnit02 wrote:Now you're saying that £20 is not a lot of money? Odd, this is the same Brad that is reluctant over £10-12+ DVD purchases.