The off-topic topic
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
I won't get the chance to say this on the right day, so here goes:
Merry Christmas to all !

Got last-minute plans with the girlfriend.
We're going to the Alps this afternoon.
300 Kms of road with a useless left foot, and I'm the one who's driving.
Gear changes will be interesting.
Be back on the 26th.
Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone, eh ?

Take care, guys (and gals)
Merry Christmas to all !

Got last-minute plans with the girlfriend.
We're going to the Alps this afternoon.
300 Kms of road with a useless left foot, and I'm the one who's driving.
Gear changes will be interesting.
Be back on the 26th.
Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone, eh ?

Take care, guys (and gals)
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Like what? Like driving past some very deep cliffs with a useless left foot?tom2681 wrote:I won't get the chance to say this on the right day, so here goes:
Merry Christmas to all !![]()
Got last-minute plans with the girlfriend.
We're going to the Alps this afternoon.
300 Kms of road with a useless left foot, and I'm the one who's driving.
Gear changes will be interesting.![]()
Be back on the 26th.
Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone, eh ?
Take care, guys (and gals)
Farewell Tom
Have a good Xmas, and make it back alive and well...
Who's taking care of the cats btw?
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Wow... sounds like a cool jobTigercage wrote:Got a new job yesterday, working for the same company as a flex manager subject to accepting t&c's. Main duties will be project work throughout the UK, India and North America.
Cant wait to start!!
Damn you're so lucky to have found such a great job which allows you to pick your nose while traveling the world
BTW, anyone heard about the massive 200 car pile-up in the south of France? I hope Tom is OK... sounds like something he'd get himself involved in.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
killerj69
- Jackie Chan's BIG toe
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 19 Dec 2006, 17:02
I hope he didnt cause it!!...He was worried about those gear changes with his dodgy left foot wasnt he??Yi-Long wrote:Wow... sounds like a cool jobTigercage wrote:Got a new job yesterday, working for the same company as a flex manager subject to accepting t&c's. Main duties will be project work throughout the UK, India and North America.
Cant wait to start!!Good luck with that...
Damn you're so lucky to have found such a great job which allows you to pick your nose while traveling the world
BTW, anyone heard about the massive 200 car pile-up in the south of France? I hope Tom is OK... sounds like something he'd get himself involved in.
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
I hope he didnt cause it!!...He was worried about those gear changes with his dodgy left foot wasnt he??
Nope, wasn't me.
But I think I killed the clutch.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
*goes into TV rant*
We keep losing reception all the time on our TV(s) now and it's pissing me off
I don't know whether its the roof ariel, TV point leads or whatever, but this has been happening for a while now (where one minute you have an "OK" picture and then you lose it for no reason).
Could be a dodgy lead, connections, I don't know. But if it happens any more I'll call the ariel repair guy to fix the reception.
I'd like a de3cent ariel for Freeview/my own bedroom TV point like I used to have.
*End rant*

We keep losing reception all the time on our TV(s) now and it's pissing me off
Could be a dodgy lead, connections, I don't know. But if it happens any more I'll call the ariel repair guy to fix the reception.
I'd like a de3cent ariel for Freeview/my own bedroom TV point like I used to have.
*End rant*
- Shen
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1481
- Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
- Location: Leeds, UK
argh, i gotta write 2, 1500 word essays on Ferris Bueller and The Grudge. God, its hard. i dont like either film! and the narrative and genre are hard to comment about. it sucks more since i missed class so much and the teachers havent sent anywork and pretty much ignored me, so i've got no help on this! damn im struggling only 207 words in on the first one....to be done for tuesday...
*cries*
:shock:
*cries*
:shock:
http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/_Shen_
http://www.theshadowedone.deviantart.com
you have a .... Ducky Butt!!
http://www.theshadowedone.deviantart.com
you have a .... Ducky Butt!!
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Just check sites like wikipedia etc for inspiration and information...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferris_bueller
When I had to do a simple review on One flew over the Cuckoos Nest, I watched the movie a few times, and read every article about it that was online. I think I also watched all the extra's on the DVD, and not sure if I listened to a commentary or not (not sure), but if it was on the DVD I'm sure I listened to it...
The more you know about something, the more options and angles you'll have about writing something about it...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferris_bueller
When I had to do a simple review on One flew over the Cuckoos Nest, I watched the movie a few times, and read every article about it that was online. I think I also watched all the extra's on the DVD, and not sure if I listened to a commentary or not (not sure), but if it was on the DVD I'm sure I listened to it...
The more you know about something, the more options and angles you'll have about writing something about it...
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
- Shen
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1481
- Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
- Location: Leeds, UK
its not the whole movie we write about, just a 7 minute sequence, and the narrative and genre, how it fits what it does etc. doesnt help that i dont like the films. i can give a character analysis, and comment on the linear narrative that it uses. but not really the narrative content. once i get past that, the genre is no problem.Yi-Long wrote:Just check sites like wikipedia etc for inspiration and information...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferris_bueller
When I had to do a simple review on One flew over the Cuckoos Nest, I watched the movie a few times, and read every article about it that was online. I think I also watched all the extra's on the DVD, and not sure if I listened to a commentary or not (not sure), but if it was on the DVD I'm sure I listened to it...
The more you know about something, the more options and angles you'll have about writing something about it...
http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/_Shen_
http://www.theshadowedone.deviantart.com
you have a .... Ducky Butt!!
http://www.theshadowedone.deviantart.com
you have a .... Ducky Butt!!
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
We had to one of those type of essays Shen, about The Matrix
Yes the sodding Matrix
I enjoyed the film though, much moreso than the 2 sequels.
I'm plesed that I grew to like the films we studied in our course - or at least appreciated them - Millions Like Us, Went The Day Well? etc, for British war movies - Wicker Man is a British classic, and CKE and Chinese Ghost Story (we did them for World Cinema) are tops 8)
I enjoyed the film though, much moreso than the 2 sequels.
I'm plesed that I grew to like the films we studied in our course - or at least appreciated them - Millions Like Us, Went The Day Well? etc, for British war movies - Wicker Man is a British classic, and CKE and Chinese Ghost Story (we did them for World Cinema) are tops 8)
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
This forum is like a sitcom.
All the stereotypes in the world under the same roof.
You've got Gojensen, the wise grandpa who's always saying stuff like "In my days it was different / When you'll grow up, you'll understand).
Tom, the dad, is a psychopathic cat-loving patriotic frenchman who's got a Chow Yun-Fat smiley in his signature. In every episode he gets hit by a car or a tree for no reason.
Brad, the mom, is always afraid of losing her authority on her kids. Plus, she's prone to mood swings.
You've got Shen, the 18-year old girl who thinks she's all grown up.
You've got HungFist, the crazy little finnish boy with a japanese teenagers fetish.
You've got Bisc and Kurgan, the nice quiet indian boys.
You've got LD, the ass-kicking muslim.
You've got Eva and Romero, the foul-mouthed trolls (I guess they're in the sitcom for comic relief).
You've got Toge, the annoying toddler who craps everywhere whenever he's awake. Thankfully, he's only a guest star and appears only in one or two episodes per season.
You've got Grim "I'm sorry" Tales, the friendly neighbour who spends most of his time apologizing to everyone.
Sometimes there's a guest appearance by 68Monkey, the american grandma. Sweet old lady. Is attracted to slim cantonese-speaking stuntmen called Yuen for some reason.
And let's not forget Master Mordib. He comes on from time to time to give some zen advice to Tom and Brad, and then vanishes into thin air.
We should make a TV show out of this:
"Meet the Bulleteers".
We'd make a fortune.
All the stereotypes in the world under the same roof.
You've got Gojensen, the wise grandpa who's always saying stuff like "In my days it was different / When you'll grow up, you'll understand).
Tom, the dad, is a psychopathic cat-loving patriotic frenchman who's got a Chow Yun-Fat smiley in his signature. In every episode he gets hit by a car or a tree for no reason.
Brad, the mom, is always afraid of losing her authority on her kids. Plus, she's prone to mood swings.
You've got Shen, the 18-year old girl who thinks she's all grown up.
You've got HungFist, the crazy little finnish boy with a japanese teenagers fetish.
You've got Bisc and Kurgan, the nice quiet indian boys.
You've got LD, the ass-kicking muslim.
You've got Eva and Romero, the foul-mouthed trolls (I guess they're in the sitcom for comic relief).
You've got Toge, the annoying toddler who craps everywhere whenever he's awake. Thankfully, he's only a guest star and appears only in one or two episodes per season.
You've got Grim "I'm sorry" Tales, the friendly neighbour who spends most of his time apologizing to everyone.
Sometimes there's a guest appearance by 68Monkey, the american grandma. Sweet old lady. Is attracted to slim cantonese-speaking stuntmen called Yuen for some reason.
And let's not forget Master Mordib. He comes on from time to time to give some zen advice to Tom and Brad, and then vanishes into thin air.
We should make a TV show out of this:
"Meet the Bulleteers".
We'd make a fortune.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
There's no room for dutchies in my sitcom.
I can give you a recurring role as a mailman or a garbage man, if you want (you won't have any lines, though).
I can give you a recurring role as a mailman or a garbage man, if you want (you won't have any lines, though).
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".



