The off-topic topic
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
google it 
It's just a program that allows you to watch tv channels on your TV I guess. hadnt heard about it 1 hour ago either... but downloaded to see if it would work, and I can now watch the oscars... so yeah... I'm happy
Too bad the show kinda sucks up to now. Ellen is cool, Gore was funny, but still... too many commercials and some lame songs and dance...
It's just a program that allows you to watch tv channels on your TV I guess. hadnt heard about it 1 hour ago either... but downloaded to see if it would work, and I can now watch the oscars... so yeah... I'm happy
Too bad the show kinda sucks up to now. Ellen is cool, Gore was funny, but still... too many commercials and some lame songs and dance...
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
The Oscars are only on SKY Movies in the UK.
Used to be on the BBC in the good old days until those SKY bandits decided to monopolise everything in sight.
I don't care for Ellen much anyways so I can't say I'm bothered about missing the monologues. Jon Stewart was crap last year. So was Chris Rock. I've taken funnier shits. Last good host was Steve Martin.
Used to be on the BBC in the good old days until those SKY bandits decided to monopolise everything in sight.
I don't care for Ellen much anyways so I can't say I'm bothered about missing the monologues. Jon Stewart was crap last year. So was Chris Rock. I've taken funnier shits. Last good host was Steve Martin.
-
Kurgan
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1740
- Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
- Location: Dewsbury, UK
-
Kurgan
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1740
- Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
- Location: Dewsbury, UK
Ellen's been quite funny. I've never really seen any of her stuff beforehand, so I don't have anything to judge her on.
Didn't see last years (either that, or I don't remember it. What does that tell you), but watched the one that Rock presented, mainly cos he was presenting. He was funny, I thought, given the fact that that he was slightly straightjacketed and couldn't go on a rant like he normally does
Didn't see last years (either that, or I don't remember it. What does that tell you), but watched the one that Rock presented, mainly cos he was presenting. He was funny, I thought, given the fact that that he was slightly straightjacketed and couldn't go on a rant like he normally does

- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
-
Kurgan
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1740
- Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
- Location: Dewsbury, UK
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
TV is a big rip-off in the UK.
We used to have all the Sky Channels (inc. Premiums) on analogue cable, but when we switched to digital cable, they jacked up all the prices and we had to let them go. You now get little more than is on Freeview, but we can't use Freeview as our aerial isn't strong enough. Sky is probably just as expensive except you also have to put up an unattractive binlid on the side of your house. Nice. It's no wonder people say bugger it and download everything illegally. I can't blame them really.
We used to have all the Sky Channels (inc. Premiums) on analogue cable, but when we switched to digital cable, they jacked up all the prices and we had to let them go. You now get little more than is on Freeview, but we can't use Freeview as our aerial isn't strong enough. Sky is probably just as expensive except you also have to put up an unattractive binlid on the side of your house. Nice. It's no wonder people say bugger it and download everything illegally. I can't blame them really.
Last edited by Markgway on 26 Feb 2007, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.
-
Kurgan
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1740
- Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
- Location: Dewsbury, UK
I kinda worked the other way round. With analogue, we only had the family pack of channels. When I moved to digital, I got the sports channels and when I moved to HD, I got the films too.
Christ, Beyoncé's got some lungs on her. That's not meant in the pervy sense, either (well, not entirely, but anyway
) she really went for it in her songs.
Michael Mann's cobbled together a little sequence about the nature of America from a huge range of films, which is just fantastic. Rocky IV even got a clip in there, which tells you how good it was.
Christ, Beyoncé's got some lungs on her. That's not meant in the pervy sense, either (well, not entirely, but anyway
Michael Mann's cobbled together a little sequence about the nature of America from a huge range of films, which is just fantastic. Rocky IV even got a clip in there, which tells you how good it was.

-
Kurgan
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1740
- Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
- Location: Dewsbury, UK
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
I thought the sketch was a bit lame, and thus I suspect it was written by LucasKurgan wrote:Nice, Coppola and Spielberg are taking the piss out of Lucas for not winning a Best Director Oscar. And Scorsese's finally won his directing Oscar. Shame it's not for his best film, like.
At least he's corrected the stupid announcer woman by saying that the original came from Hong Kong.
The Departed wins best producer. Some guys knowing they have a sure-fire hit on their hands cause they've seen the HK original, and throw money at it. Big deal(!)
I feel Best Producer should go to projects that involve a much bigger risk, both financially as well as artistically.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Yeah... there werent many movies this year that were appealing to me. I still feel Craig should have been at least nominated for best actor...
But that Kate Winslet movie I have not even heard about, The Queen seems like crap, and that Judy Dench movie also doesnt seem like a movie I'd care for...
Plus there were many other movies that dont look interesting to me. That Forrest Whittaker movie has gotten OK reviews, but it's mostly because of Forrest's performance instead of for the actual movie/story.
Blood Diamonds is also a movie that doesnt look great to me. Plus also heard average reviews for it.
Not that I'm still naive enough to take the Oscar's seriously.
But that Kate Winslet movie I have not even heard about, The Queen seems like crap, and that Judy Dench movie also doesnt seem like a movie I'd care for...
Plus there were many other movies that dont look interesting to me. That Forrest Whittaker movie has gotten OK reviews, but it's mostly because of Forrest's performance instead of for the actual movie/story.
Blood Diamonds is also a movie that doesnt look great to me. Plus also heard average reviews for it.
Not that I'm still naive enough to take the Oscar's seriously.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
Kurgan
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1740
- Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
- Location: Dewsbury, UK
Well, it wouldn't surprise me. But taking the piss out of Lucas is something that's always worth doing.Yi-Long wrote:I thought the sketch was a bit lame, and thus I suspect it was written by Lucas
That'll never happen, to be honest. Otherwise Clerks would've been up for Best Picture in its year.The Departed wins best producer. Some guys knowing they have a sure-fire hit on their hands cause they've seen the HK original, and throw money at it. Big deal(!)
I feel Best Producer should go to projects that involve a much bigger risk, both financially as well as artistically.


