The off-topic topic
-
Kurgan
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1740
- Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
- Location: Dewsbury, UK
You'd think that after watching that, I'd be really tired and sleepy, but oh no, not a fuckin' chance. I swear to God, I'm sick of not being able to sleep properly. Granted, tonight had some sort of reason for staying up, but I'm normally up 'til later than this. In fact, I've felt more tired watching this than I normally do. 

- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
It wasn't as good as the HK original, which won bugger all at the Oscars.Markgway wrote:I see The Departed won Best Picture and Director.
You know what'll happen now don't you?
1. Everyone will say how it's a shame Scorcese won the award past his best.
2. That the film wasn't as good as the HK original which won bugger all at the Oscars.
Let the backlash begin....
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Daniel Craig should have been nominated!
And yeah, a shame that the HK original didnt get the same oscar respect as it's remake got.
But what can you expect from an organisation that forgot to pay tribute to one of the best actors ever in their memorial-sequence (Leslie Cheung didnt even get a mention in 2004)
And yeah, a shame that the HK original didnt get the same oscar respect as it's remake got.
But what can you expect from an organisation that forgot to pay tribute to one of the best actors ever in their memorial-sequence (Leslie Cheung didnt even get a mention in 2004)
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Ehmmm... no ... for dying!
He died in 2003, and usually the big actors/names in cinema who have died get a mention during a memorial montage.
He's been in many BIGGGGGgggg and important movies in asian cinema (A Better Tomorrow, Farewell my Concubine, Days of Being Wild, Happy Together, Rouge, Chinese Ghost Story, Bride with White Hair, etc... ) and he is known as a terrific and versatible actor... so I think he should at least have had a few clips of respect.
He died in 2003, and usually the big actors/names in cinema who have died get a mention during a memorial montage.
He's been in many BIGGGGGgggg and important movies in asian cinema (A Better Tomorrow, Farewell my Concubine, Days of Being Wild, Happy Together, Rouge, Chinese Ghost Story, Bride with White Hair, etc... ) and he is known as a terrific and versatible actor... so I think he should at least have had a few clips of respect.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Wow... I just got mentioned on CNN 
They were asking about the viewers' favourite movies of 2006, so I wrote in and said Casino Royale, and about how I liked Daniel Craig's performance
And they read the email and said many people agreed with it.
Ofcourse, I used my nickname (Yi Long) instead of my actual name
They were asking about the viewers' favourite movies of 2006, so I wrote in and said Casino Royale, and about how I liked Daniel Craig's performance
Ofcourse, I used my nickname (Yi Long) instead of my actual name
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
- Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 11:14
I'm just old enough to remember how well received Farewell My Concubine was in the west. It was nominated for Best Foreign Film and Best Cinematography at the Oscars, but never won anything. It did win Best Foreign Film at the Golden Globes and BAFTA's though.thelostdragon wrote:For "Inner Senses"? As far as I can remember he never participated in any film that was nominated for an Oscar.
He won best actor at Cannes that year for his performance in Bird, so that really was his breakout year as an actor. 8)thelostdragon wrote:The ones who I really think deserved their awards are Ennio Morricone (Honorary Award) and Forest Whitaker. Who would have thought that the guy who tries to catch Van Damme in "Bloodsport" would be standing in front of the Academy receiving his award one day?
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Me neither. I said he deserved at least a mention during the memorial montage, which is completely different from winning an oscar for dying.thelostdragon wrote:Yi, I know he is in all those wonderful films and I am also of the opinion that he was a great actor, but I don't think anybody should win an Oscar simply for dying.
What happened, LD? Brad took over your body for the sole purpose of misunderstanding my posts?
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
-
Kurgan
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1740
- Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
- Location: Dewsbury, UK
OK, onto something slightly more pleasant. Keep an eye out tonight for the lunar eclipse that's going to take place at about 8.15 GMT.
BBC report.
BBC report.

-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
Woke up this morning... no electricity.
Went to the basement... basement door had been blown-up (literally !).
Went into the basement.... 60 cms of water.
Stupid boiler has exploded.
But that's not the best bit:
It's now raining, and I can't prevent the rain from getting into the basement.
Gotta gather the cats and build an ark...
Can't wait to count all the zeroes on the water bill.
Went to the basement... basement door had been blown-up (literally !).
Went into the basement.... 60 cms of water.
Stupid boiler has exploded.
But that's not the best bit:
It's now raining, and I can't prevent the rain from getting into the basement.
Gotta gather the cats and build an ark...
Can't wait to count all the zeroes on the water bill.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Arent you insured? Plus who did you buy the waterboiler from? If you have done nothing wrong, surely you can get the money back from the guys who gave you a faulty boiler?
That's sucky news, dude. You're not the most lucky guy in the world, are ya? (even though you're french)
That's sucky news, dude. You're not the most lucky guy in the world, are ya? (even though you're french)
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...

