The off-topic topic
- Shen
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1481
- Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
- Location: Leeds, UK
condolences tom.
http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/_Shen_
http://www.theshadowedone.deviantart.com
you have a .... Ducky Butt!!
http://www.theshadowedone.deviantart.com
you have a .... Ducky Butt!!
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Maybe not resorting to sexual favours WAS the favour!?brooce-leroy wrote:Wahey, took my practical driving test yesterday afternoon and passed with 3 minor faults. And I didn't even have to resort to sexual favours.
@ Tom. Damn man, that's bad news.
My condolences and take your time.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
the68monkey
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 04:12
- Location: Eastern United States
Tom, I'm sorry to hear about your father. My sympathies to you.
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
- BiscLimpkit
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4727
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 22:33
- Location: Scotland
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
Thanks guys.
Just got back from the funeral.
Might as well stick around here. It's not like I've got many responsabilities in real-life now.
Just got back from the funeral.
Might as well stick around here. It's not like I've got many responsabilities in real-life now.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
- Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 11:14
A m8 of mine was in a similar situation about 16months back when his dad died of a heart attack just before Christmas, he was only in his early 50's. They lived alone together and it's taken a long time for my m8 to adjust to living completely on his own, although his situation isn't quite the same as yours because he still has his mother and sister, who relocated across the country from him a few years back.
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Just came back from the pet-doctor 2 hours orso ago. My cat has slimmed down very much these last few days, and seems to have trouble breathing, so we took him to the vet. Vet think he has laringitus(sp?), an infection on the throat?
Anyway, he wasnt eating much and doesnt drink anymore. Vet gave him 2 injections and a bunch of pills we will have to jam down his throat over the next couple of days. Hopefully that will solve him. The cat is pretty weak now. He's about 17-18 years old, but has pretty much never been sick or had any other crap, so I am pretty worried. He's been with me for most of my life now.
Just bought some pate, which he seemed to eat a bit. Still doesnt drink though, so not sure how to solve that. Maybe we'll have to force water down his throat with a pipet?
Anyway, he wasnt eating much and doesnt drink anymore. Vet gave him 2 injections and a bunch of pills we will have to jam down his throat over the next couple of days. Hopefully that will solve him. The cat is pretty weak now. He's about 17-18 years old, but has pretty much never been sick or had any other crap, so I am pretty worried. He's been with me for most of my life now.
Just bought some pate, which he seemed to eat a bit. Still doesnt drink though, so not sure how to solve that. Maybe we'll have to force water down his throat with a pipet?
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
- Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 11:14
Crikey Yi, I'm surprised you've never heard of Laryngitis before! It's an extremely common condition for us humans (the most common reason for loss of voice - be it via infection or too much bellowing), and I don't know if it's any more serious in Cats (can't see why), but it's nothing to be too worried about. A bit of TLC and make sure them pills get swallowed and his throat should eventually clear right up.
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Thanks man. He sipped a few drops of water tonight, plus is eating some pate, but is now breathing difficult a bit. I just force-fed him a little bit of water, but not too much as he was a bit difficult.Kurgan wrote:A teat pipette is going to be the best method. If he's not voluntarily drinking water, you can't let him dehydrate himself like that.
Hope he gets better
He's now sleeping on the table.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
I've heard of laryngitus before, obviously, but like you, I dont know how serious it can be for a cat. The vet said the cat looked vey weak so he couldnt put him under a narcoses for a real examination, cause he would most likely not survive a narcoses.Shingster wrote:Crikey Yi, I'm surprised you've never heard of Laryngitis before! It's an extremely common condition for us humans (the most common reason for loss of voice - be it via infection or too much bellowing), and I don't know if it's any more serious in Cats (can't see why), but it's nothing to be too worried about. A bit of TLC and make sure them pills get swallowed and his throat should eventually clear right up.
The problem obviously isnt the lack of voice, but just the overall weakness of the cat. A few days ago there was nothing wrong with him yet, so ofcourse I'm very worried when he's now so very very weak all of sudden. He barely eats, drinks, and just sits/lies in the very same spot all night long, looking a bit dazed and 'out of it'.
I mean, my cat was always lazy, but that was just his persona. Now he's in a semi-coma or something.
I really hope this is just a sickness that will last as short as possible, and hopefully he'll be back in action within 2 days orso, but at the same time I'm fearing the very worst obviously. Not used to seeing him so weak.
I know he's old and all that, and all cats will die one day, but still... he was a healthy cat a few days ago, so this is hard to swallow. (no pun intended)
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
the68monkey
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 04:12
- Location: Eastern United States
That's about the same age as my old Siamese, Yi. I think I know how you feel, since I've had my old guy almost twice as long as I've had my own two children in my life.Yi-Long wrote: He's about 17-18 years old, but has pretty much never been sick or had any other crap, so I am pretty worried. He's been with me for most of my life now.
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours
in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar... and the coffee.
A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in
front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very
large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls.
He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.
The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the
jar.
He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between
the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full.
They agreed it was.
The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar.
Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the
jar was full.
The students responded with a unanimous "Yes"
The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and
poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty
space between the sand.
The students laughed.
"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to
recognise that this jar represents your life.
The golf balls are the important things. Your family, your children,
your faith, your health, your friends, and your favourite passions.
Things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your
life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter.
Your job, your house, and your car. The sand is everything else. The
small stuff.
If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no
room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you
spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have
room for the things that are important to you.
Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.
Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your
partner out to dinner Play another 18. There will always be time to
clean the House and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first,
the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just
sand."
One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee
represented.
The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that
no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple
of cups of coffee with a friend."

in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar... and the coffee.
A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in
front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very
large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls.
He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.
The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the
jar.
He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between
the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full.
They agreed it was.
The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar.
Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the
jar was full.
The students responded with a unanimous "Yes"
The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and
poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty
space between the sand.
The students laughed.
"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to
recognise that this jar represents your life.
The golf balls are the important things. Your family, your children,
your faith, your health, your friends, and your favourite passions.
Things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your
life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter.
Your job, your house, and your car. The sand is everything else. The
small stuff.
If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no
room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you
spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have
room for the things that are important to you.
Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.
Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your
partner out to dinner Play another 18. There will always be time to
clean the House and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first,
the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just
sand."
One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee
represented.
The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that
no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple
of cups of coffee with a friend."
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Thanks Bobs. Yeah this cat has been with me for the majority of my life, so obviously I'm pretty attached top him.the68monkey wrote:That's about the same age as my old Siamese, Yi. I think I know how you feel, since I've had my old guy almost twice as long as I've had my own two children in my life.Yi-Long wrote: He's about 17-18 years old, but has pretty much never been sick or had any other crap, so I am pretty worried. He's been with me for most of my life now.I hope all turns out okay. I remember you posting about your cat about four years ago or so on the old BnB.
He's eating and drinking a bit, but is still weak as a wet napkin. He just lies on the floor pretty much all day.
Yesterday and this morning he took his medicine without complaining. he just ate the pills right from my hand, so I was very proud. But tonight he was being a bitch about it, spitting it out, so we put it in a little bit of pate, and he ate that.
Also, yesterday I force-fed him some water with a pipet, but it scared him so much that he peed on my leg
So i'm happy that today he seems to drink some water again on his own.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
- Shen
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1481
- Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
- Location: Leeds, UK
My uncle had a hospital appointment today after having some tests. he has been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. its just one thing after a another lately. hopefully he hasn't had it long, but it can go undetected for 10 years making it harder to cure. thankfully he's not too old, 65, and has no other health problems, maybe they can do something to help him.
really cant take much more of this shit.
really cant take much more of this shit.
http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/_Shen_
http://www.theshadowedone.deviantart.com
you have a .... Ducky Butt!!
http://www.theshadowedone.deviantart.com
you have a .... Ducky Butt!!
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK


