Ghibli sale over at Play.com

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
Post Reply
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Ghibli sale over at Play.com

Post by Yi-Long »

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/6-/Campaign ... id=8719835

Lots of classics for only 6 bucks a pop.
Too bad it isnt in the 3 for 15 action, but 6 pounds is a nice price anyway...
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Too bad most of it is NTSC-PAL shit.

Howl's Moving Castle, Only Yesterday, Whispers of the Heart and My Neighbour Totoro are native-PAL AFAIK.

The Castle Of Cagliostro has dubtitles.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

I was thinking of picking up Only Yesterday and Kiki... and maybe Pom Poko.

TBH, I dont really notice NTSC-PAL shit. Maybe I'm blind, or maybe my xbox just handles it well... but Nausicaa and Laputa looked good on my tv.

Totoro I already have the HK dvd.

So i'll only upgrade the movies I have when we they get available on a HD format...
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

Thanks for the heads up, ordered : Whisper Of The Heart. If I don't like it someone in the family will.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Personally I quite like Whisper of the Heart. It's an anime which could just as well have been a 'normal' movie, with real actors. I love the backgrounds, and the characters are nice as well.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Yi-Long wrote:Personally I quite like Whisper of the Heart. It's an anime which could just as well have been a 'normal' movie, with real actors. I love the backgrounds, and the characters are nice as well.
Yeah, Takahata seems to be the more "slice of life" director, while Miyazaki prefers full-blown fantasy.

I'd like to know what Hayao was smoking when he named one of his movies "The Whore: Castle in the Sky". :D
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

:D

How did they name that movie in Spain btw?

"Mommy? Can we buy 'Whore's castle in the sky' please?"

Supposedly there's a 45 minute making off documentary on the Only yesterday disc, where we see Miyazaki and Takahata together, and it seems like Miyazaki is moaning that Takahata isnt rushed as much as he is, by the bosses.

I havent seen it myself, but read it today in a review of the disc. Gonna order it :)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Yi-Long wrote:How did they name that movie in Spain btw?
See for yourself:- http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0092067/
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Aw... just Castle in the Sky. Left out the whole 'whore' part. Probably for the best. :D
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Post Reply