The off-topic topic
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Wow... 2,5 years ago I was in hong Kong, and in a bookstore in Mong Kok I picked up a cheap Capcom Art Book, and TBH the book was a bit disappointing (mostly black and white and not great quality), and it also had a CD/DVD sticked to it.
I never payed much attention to the CD, as I just figured it would probably be the Capcom Art Book, yet in PDF or just in otherwise digital form...
Anyway, just checked out the disc for the first time, and it has all the Capcom Arcade Roms on it, to play with an emulator!
HK Rulez!
I never payed much attention to the CD, as I just figured it would probably be the Capcom Art Book, yet in PDF or just in otherwise digital form...
Anyway, just checked out the disc for the first time, and it has all the Capcom Arcade Roms on it, to play with an emulator!
HK Rulez!
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
I had a 32" TV a long, long time ago.
Then I got into videoprojection (around 2002). First with a 99" screen, then 106", and now 138".
My projector is a Sanyo Z4 tri-lcd (1280x720).
None of them can even decode the new audio formats yet. Still too early to even think about HD, IMO.
Christmas 2010, maybe.
Then I got into videoprojection (around 2002). First with a 99" screen, then 106", and now 138".
My projector is a Sanyo Z4 tri-lcd (1280x720).
Find me a dual-format player that works and I'm there !Brad wrote:I cannot believe you're not into HD with that TV size!
None of them can even decode the new audio formats yet. Still too early to even think about HD, IMO.
Christmas 2010, maybe.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Took this here, cause it would have been slightly off-topic in the other thread...grim_tales wrote:Yi-Long wrote:Are you and Brad an item now, Grim? What's he buying you presents for? Given up on the whole 'finding a girlfriend' idea!?No, I'd love a g/f but I get so dispirited. Sometimes I think whats the point?
What do you do to meet girls, Grim? Do you have hobbies, or sports? Do you go out? Are there any cool girls at work?
You know a pick-up line that always works!? "I know Yi-Long!"
That drives most women crazy...
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
So no sports or other social gatherings? Or a friends network?
Cant you play some football in your neighbourhood?
Why didnt you call up the chick from work and say: 'so... when did you plan on going out?'
I'm a bit the same btw, as in I dont do sports anymore, I never go out, and I hardly have any friends. I just have my girlfriend and that's pretty much it.
I'm pretty sure that if me and my girl would break up, I'd have a hard time getting into contact with new girls as well, simply due to my non-outgoing behaviour.
Cant you play some football in your neighbourhood?
Why didnt you call up the chick from work and say: 'so... when did you plan on going out?'
I'm a bit the same btw, as in I dont do sports anymore, I never go out, and I hardly have any friends. I just have my girlfriend and that's pretty much it.
I'm pretty sure that if me and my girl would break up, I'd have a hard time getting into contact with new girls as well, simply due to my non-outgoing behaviour.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
I don't really "do" sports though I have started going to the gym again, football sounds cool
Sometimes I go out to watch movies, or to the pub to see a game.
If only it were that easy.. I've lost count of the times I've emailed her to get her to talk to me, she said she doesnt check her mail, and I'm sure she's very busy, but she hasnt said a single word to me since last year which is horrible. So I'm not sure how she feels. And to be honest, I'm confused about how I feel about her.
I left her a Xmas card but i dont know if she got it or not
That seems like a non starter. It's so sad, she and I started out so great
If only it were that easy.. I've lost count of the times I've emailed her to get her to talk to me, she said she doesnt check her mail, and I'm sure she's very busy, but she hasnt said a single word to me since last year which is horrible. So I'm not sure how she feels. And to be honest, I'm confused about how I feel about her.
I left her a Xmas card but i dont know if she got it or not
That seems like a non starter. It's so sad, she and I started out so great
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Aww that doesn't sound nice at all Grimgrim_tales wrote:I don't really "do" sports though I have started going to the gym again, football sounds coolSometimes I go out to watch movies, or to the pub to see a game.
If only it were that easy.. I've lost count of the times I've emailed her to get her to talk to me, she said she doesnt check her mail, and I'm sure she's very busy, but she hasnt said a single word to me since last year which is horrible. So I'm not sure how she feels. And to be honest, I'm confused about how I feel about her.
I left her a Xmas card but i dont know if she got it or not
That seems like a non starter. It's so sad, she and I started out so great
Uhh, I was out on Saturday night and met this dead lovely girl who was so easy to get on with, but then later out found out she has a boyfriend lol, was a tad gutted. Ahh well :shock:
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Hard luck 
What happened to you is not nice either. I wasnt thinking of romance at first but was so happy she seemed to want to be friends, especially when we arranged to meet.
As I said (to borrow a line from Larry Burns) we started out so great and now its fallen apart like a Chinese motorcycle
Or if not, its ground to a halt, or moved in a different direction...
"If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was"
What happened to you is not nice either. I wasnt thinking of romance at first but was so happy she seemed to want to be friends, especially when we arranged to meet.
As I said (to borrow a line from Larry Burns) we started out so great and now its fallen apart like a Chinese motorcycle
"If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was"
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Did you ever hint at hoping to start a romantic relationship with her? it's really cruel but if she's making no effort to get in touch then sod her. she doesn't deserve a nice guy like you. the right one will come along for you,probably when you least expect it. i worked with my wife for a year with nothing happening,in fact we hardly spoke
it was 2 years later at a party when we got together and we've now been married over 21 years 
working class blu-ray fan

