The off-topic topic

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Post Reply
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

DivX films look even shittier on that. Wasted money.
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Wow... 2,5 years ago I was in hong Kong, and in a bookstore in Mong Kok I picked up a cheap Capcom Art Book, and TBH the book was a bit disappointing (mostly black and white and not great quality), and it also had a CD/DVD sticked to it.

I never payed much attention to the CD, as I just figured it would probably be the Capcom Art Book, yet in PDF or just in otherwise digital form...

Anyway, just checked out the disc for the first time, and it has all the Capcom Arcade Roms on it, to play with an emulator! :D

HK Rulez! :D
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

Yi-Long wrote:Anyway, just checked out the disc for the first time, and it has all the Capcom Arcade Roms on it, to play with an emulator! :D

HK Rulez! :D
"Buy the original and get tons of pirates with it! FOR FREE!!" :D
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

thelostdragon wrote:DivX films look even shittier on that. Wasted money.
:D
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

A girlfriend who buys you a projection TV?

What's the catch?

Does she have a dick or something?
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

:D
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Markgway wrote:A girlfriend who buys you a projection TV?

What's the catch?
It's a screen for use with a projector, not a TV.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Just paint a wall white, bigger screen and cheap :D
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

EvaUnit02 wrote:
Markgway wrote:A girlfriend who buys you a projection TV?

What's the catch?
It's a screen for use with a projector, not a TV.
I see. So not so expensive. I gotcha! :D
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

tom2681 wrote:I'll just post this here, since no-one is likely to care. :D
That's some present your girlie gave you.

What's it maximum resolution? What size was your old TV?

I cannot believe you're not into HD with that TV size!
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

I had a 32" TV a long, long time ago.
Then I got into videoprojection (around 2002). First with a 99" screen, then 106", and now 138".

My projector is a Sanyo Z4 tri-lcd (1280x720).
Brad wrote:I cannot believe you're not into HD with that TV size!
Find me a dual-format player that works and I'm there ! :D
None of them can even decode the new audio formats yet. Still too early to even think about HD, IMO.
Christmas 2010, maybe. :lol:
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Just heard on the news about a little baby that has been killed by a dog (a rotweiler). Very sad :(
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Another one! and idiots still say if you train a dog it wont do it, owning killer attack dogs is ignorant beyond words.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

But it wasnt a killer attack dog, it is not illegal to own that sort of dog, there were also other pets in the home, including a cat :?
No blame is being put on the owners as yet. The auntie did try to rescue the baby.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Rotweilers are known for being aggressive and strong.

To leave one where it can access a baby is culpable behaviour as far as I'm concerned.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I agree :( They allowed the baby to stroke the rotweiller (!) :?
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

grim_tales wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:Are you and Brad an item now, Grim? What's he buying you presents for? Given up on the whole 'finding a girlfriend' idea!? :D
:D No, I'd love a g/f but I get so dispirited. Sometimes I think whats the point? :?
Took this here, cause it would have been slightly off-topic in the other thread...

What do you do to meet girls, Grim? Do you have hobbies, or sports? Do you go out? Are there any cool girls at work?

You know a pick-up line that always works!? "I know Yi-Long!"
That drives most women crazy...

:P
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

:D
I do go out sometimes, but not often "to meet girls" if you get what I mean :)
There was a cool girl at work once, but that seems to have.. er, I don't know whats happened. I even thought we'd go out at one point (do you remember?)
Thats the girl and I BTW... ;)
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

So no sports or other social gatherings? Or a friends network?
Cant you play some football in your neighbourhood?

Why didnt you call up the chick from work and say: 'so... when did you plan on going out?'

I'm a bit the same btw, as in I dont do sports anymore, I never go out, and I hardly have any friends. I just have my girlfriend and that's pretty much it.
I'm pretty sure that if me and my girl would break up, I'd have a hard time getting into contact with new girls as well, simply due to my non-outgoing behaviour.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I don't really "do" sports though I have started going to the gym again, football sounds cool :) Sometimes I go out to watch movies, or to the pub to see a game.

If only it were that easy.. I've lost count of the times I've emailed her to get her to talk to me, she said she doesnt check her mail, and I'm sure she's very busy, but she hasnt said a single word to me since last year which is horrible. So I'm not sure how she feels. And to be honest, I'm confused about how I feel about her.
I left her a Xmas card but i dont know if she got it or not :(
That seems like a non starter. It's so sad, she and I started out so great :(
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

grim_tales wrote:I don't really "do" sports though I have started going to the gym again, football sounds cool :) Sometimes I go out to watch movies, or to the pub to see a game.

If only it were that easy.. I've lost count of the times I've emailed her to get her to talk to me, she said she doesnt check her mail, and I'm sure she's very busy, but she hasnt said a single word to me since last year which is horrible. So I'm not sure how she feels. And to be honest, I'm confused about how I feel about her.
I left her a Xmas card but i dont know if she got it or not :(
That seems like a non starter. It's so sad, she and I started out so great :(
Aww that doesn't sound nice at all Grim :(

Uhh, I was out on Saturday night and met this dead lovely girl who was so easy to get on with, but then later out found out she has a boyfriend lol, was a tad gutted. Ahh well :shock: :wink:
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Hard luck :(
What happened to you is not nice either. I wasnt thinking of romance at first but was so happy she seemed to want to be friends, especially when we arranged to meet.
As I said (to borrow a line from Larry Burns) we started out so great and now its fallen apart like a Chinese motorcycle ;) Or if not, its ground to a halt, or moved in a different direction...

"If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was"
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

Sounds like she's not ready for a relationship Grim. probably best to try and forget her and move on :? easier said than done i know.hell i was down for months after falling out with my female friend last year and there wasn't even anything romantic in that relationship.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I don't know if I'M ready either (I should be by now..?). The point is if she doesn't feel romantic feelings (if I miss her THAT much one would assume its more than friendship feelings that I feel for her), why doesnt she just say that? :?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

Did you ever hint at hoping to start a romantic relationship with her? it's really cruel but if she's making no effort to get in touch then sod her. she doesn't deserve a nice guy like you. the right one will come along for you,probably when you least expect it. i worked with my wife for a year with nothing happening,in fact we hardly spoke :lol: it was 2 years later at a party when we got together and we've now been married over 21 years :)
working class blu-ray fan
Post Reply