Page 5 of 25
Posted: 04 Apr 2008, 13:27
by bradavon
Posted: 04 Apr 2008, 16:02
by romerojpg
You would have to be crackers to pay £9.97 for any of them! £5 easy, unless your blind and do not know how to use the net to find bargains.
Posted: 04 Apr 2008, 16:09
by bradavon
You'd be a fool to not search out all prices before buying. I'll agree with you there. They're still bargains though.
They're not currently £5-7 are they? I thought all those sales were over, for now!
Posted: 04 Apr 2008, 16:37
by romerojpg
They keep popping up every few days for around a fiver

as long as you keep an eye on forums you should be able to get them cheap, I had 2 copies of Atonement haha and one probibly still on the way

but they are easy to get rid of for more than you pay so I do not mind.
Posted: 04 Apr 2008, 16:44
by bradavon
True. People are paying nutty money on eBay and Classified forums. I'll pick up Atonement when it's £7 of less but I'm not paying any more as it's not a must have, despite looking decent.
Posted: 04 Apr 2008, 17:05
by romerojpg
Posted: 04 Apr 2008, 17:13
by bradavon
Crikey that is a good price, thanks.
Has anyone actually had anything arrive from them though? I know you need to wait 3 weeks, but after that, have people had things arrive?
Posted: 04 Apr 2008, 17:27
by romerojpg
I aint had m Fearless from them yet

but hey I can wait, thru Quicdo or other places the price goes down even more

Posted: 22 Apr 2008, 18:28
by saltysam
Posted: 07 May 2008, 20:41
by saltysam
Rambo Trilogy blu-ray box set is just over £20 delivered using standard shipping.seems a very good price
http://www.amazon.com/Rambo-1-3-Boxset- ... 881&sr=8-6
Posted: 14 May 2008, 06:05
by bradavon
Thanks Salty. That is a good price.
Wolf Creek: USA Director's Cut HD-DVD: £5.06 -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000J10KV4
The Crow BD: £8.41 -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000IMVMFM
Remember they're Region B. The Crow gets favourable reports here:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758044
Posted: 14 May 2008, 10:36
by EvaUnit02
Paying more than £3 for a EiV release is madness. Just be patient, Warner USA will do the film justice on HD disc eventually.
Posted: 14 May 2008, 15:53
by bradavon
Disney, but true. I don't like it enough for pay that much anyway, considering I don't want to upgrade all my DVDs.
Posted: 14 May 2008, 18:35
by saltysam
Terminator:Sarah Connor Chronicles Complete First Season blu-ray £18 delivered! i've pre-ordered this.!could well be a misprice as seems cheap for A Fox release even though there are only 9 episodes.Bear in mind it's highly likely to be Region A encoded.
http://www.amazon.com/Terminator-Connor ... 40&sr=1-19
Posted: 14 May 2008, 18:54
by romerojpg
Its not likley to be Region A encoded as its a Warner Title

Region Free all the way.
But great news, no need to download them all now.
Posted: 14 May 2008, 19:04
by saltysam
my mistake thought it was fox.i'd recommend pre-ordering now in case the price goes up.
Posted: 14 May 2008, 19:14
by romerojpg
Yup already have

for £2 an episode its not bad at all.
Posted: 14 May 2008, 19:17
by bradavon
Thanks Salty. I'll probably pick it up at some point but it's not one I'd rush to own.
Since T3 Warner have owned the rights to the Terminator Universe, they don't own T1 or T2 though. The UK box set will probably be from Sony.
Posted: 14 May 2008, 19:30
by romerojpg
bradavon wrote:The UK box set will probably be from Sony.
£50

Posted: 14 May 2008, 19:47
by saltysam
it's a warner title in the uk as well,no blu-ray listed at amazon,just dvd.
Posted: 14 May 2008, 20:11
by romerojpg
Posted: 14 May 2008, 20:15
by saltysam
£18 or £41 for the uk version...tough choice

Posted: 14 May 2008, 20:24
by romerojpg
Yup even with Quidco its too much

£18 is the perfect price for a show, it may only be 9 episodes, but that price is great, only seen a few episodes so far which I had to download! becuase its show in ugly fullscreen on Freeview! and the pictures crap too.
Posted: 14 May 2008, 20:32
by bradavon
romerojpg wrote:becuase its show in ugly fullscreen on Freeview!
It mostly was not. I cannot say if it is cropped but it is certainly widescreen. I'm looking at it on my PVR now, definitely widescreen. I have the entire series recorded.
It looks roughly 16:9 so probably isn't cropped. The picture looked fine, not great but no better or worse than other programmes on Freeview.
I see the UK box set is also Warner. Some episodes are excellent, some good and some only okay. For a genre show it has lots of depth at times. Overall it's recommended IMO. There's lots of potential for future seasons.
Posted: 14 May 2008, 21:55
by romerojpg
Fullscreen as in non anamorphic with big assed black bars around the entire image

thats fullscreen on TV for me, maybe not in tech terms mind you.