Page 5 of 10
Posted: 30 Mar 2009, 16:58
by grim_tales
Ahhh I get ya

Posted: 30 Mar 2009, 17:09
by Yi-Long
grim_tales wrote:Ahhh I get ya

Are you threatening me, Grim!? What have I ever done to you!?!?

Posted: 30 Mar 2009, 18:08
by grim_tales
No, no! I'm not threatening you at all!

Posted: 30 Mar 2009, 18:11
by Yi-Long
grim_tales wrote:No, no! I'm not threatening you at all!

It sounded like you were threatening me, Grim

"I get ya!" sounds like a threat to me...
You evil, sadistic, cruel, puppy-kicking, hamster-snacking bastard you....
Posted: 30 Mar 2009, 18:31
by bradavon
Grim, threaten someone, WTF! Nope, not possible.
Posted: 30 Mar 2009, 18:33
by Yi-Long
Anyway, obviously I've notified the authorities and they said they'll do whatever they can...
Posted: 30 Mar 2009, 19:18
by grim_tales
Brad,

Yi I mean "I get ya" as in "I understand", I thought the Diutch spoke perfect English?!

Posted: 30 Mar 2009, 19:48
by Yi-Long
grim_tales wrote:Brad,

Yi I mean "I get ya" as in "I understand", I thought the Diutch spoke perfect English?!

The 'Diutch'!?!?
The DIUTCH!??!?!?
Threatening wasn't enough!? Now you're going to be insulting me as well. You sadistic cruel seal-clobbering bastard!

Posted: 30 Mar 2009, 19:52
by grim_tales
D'oh! Typo!
No offence meant

Posted: 30 Mar 2009, 20:24
by bradavon
Oh, Grim, learn some sarcasm

. This is Yi, he wants your babies.
Posted: 03 Apr 2009, 15:46
by bradavon
Shetty in talks for 'EastEnders' role:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a1511 ... -role.html
Did anyone else see last nights episode? It was quite an episode. I wanted Danielle and Ronnie to finally be together but the ending was an obvious one. Boy they strung it out.
Posted: 04 Apr 2009, 00:04
by saltysam
Yi-Long wrote:Over the last few weeks, I've been watching Deadwood on Belgian TV. I'm 4 weeks (episodes) in, and it's just an amazing show, with good production-values and great acting from a fantastic cast. Such a shame this somehow got 'cancelled' (not continued) after the 3rd season orso.
Absolutely terrific.
Why is it that some horrible shows are allowed to run for many MANY seasons, and great shows like these get ended prematurely!?
I said here a while back Deadwood was the best show on television. A show like that should've lasted years.
Posted: 04 Apr 2009, 00:13
by Yi-Long
saltysam wrote:Yi-Long wrote:Over the last few weeks, I've been watching Deadwood on Belgian TV. I'm 4 weeks (episodes) in, and it's just an amazing show, with good production-values and great acting from a fantastic cast. Such a shame this somehow got 'cancelled' (not continued) after the 3rd season orso.
Absolutely terrific.
Why is it that some horrible shows are allowed to run for many MANY seasons, and great shows like these get ended prematurely!?
I said here a while back Deadwood was the best show on television. A show like that should've lasted years.
Yeah, it seems all the best shows get 'cancelled' prematurely (Newsradio, Deadwood, Dead like Me, etc).
Just watched episode 5 (season 1) and it wasn't as great as the other episodes (nothing really interesting/big happens), but still very good.
I especially LOVE the acting of Timothy Olyphant (Seth), Brad Douriff (Doc), and Ian McShane (Al).
It's very nice to see Douriff again in something decent, cause he was terrific in One Flew Over the Cuckoos' Nest, and Ian Mc Shane is just amazing.
There's talk of a Batman 3 going on, but if they ever need a villain to play The Penguing or something, he's your guy. He's just tremendous and I hope he'll be in lots more quality productions. One of the very best actors I've ever seen. Such a natural.
Posted: 04 Apr 2009, 00:41
by bradavon
I never got "Seinfeld", boring IMO.
Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 09:28
by grim_tales
Life on Mars S2 - Episode 5 & 6: 5/5
Excellent series with the right mix of drama, humour and mystery, and great acting. Finally finishing these off in preperation for Ashes To Ashes S2.
Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 09:46
by bradavon
Any word when that's coming Grim?
Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 09:51
by grim_tales
I'm not sure, sometime this month I think. The BBC trailers just say "Coming Soon" at the moment.
Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 13:28
by bradavon
There are BBC Trailers! Brad heads over to You Tube. Thanks.
EDIT: Here we are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJzsmkbuFSc
Loving the new hair cut Ms. Hawes. Doctor Who and Ashes to Ashes - Woo hoo!
Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 15:03
by grim_tales
I like her new hair too

Love the Spandau Ballet funk of Chant No. 1

Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 20:35
by grim_tales
Life on Mars S2: Episodes 7 & 8: 5/5
Brilliant. Some of the acting by John Simm especially in the final episode, is fabulous - and there's a masterstroke near the end which I won't reveal. For some reason it messed with my head all over again because I was about to watch Ashes to Ashes S1.
The DVD menus of A2A are hilarious

Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 21:28
by luckystars
Just looked that that trailer - what a load of poop

Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 21:30
by grim_tales
You ever seen LOM or A2A: Season 1?
Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 21:38
by bradavon
You're basing your opinion on a You Tube trailer? You're a load of poop

. Both are excellent series with fantastic writing. I much prefer Ashes to Ashes myself but most Life on Mars.
Series 2 of Ashes to Ashes should be much darker than Series 1.
Posted: 12 Apr 2009, 22:58
by grim_tales
New Red Dwarf (on Dave, viewed as 1 big episode) - 7/10
Not a classic but still good. Particularly enjoyed tonight's part/episode which was very good

Posted: 19 Apr 2009, 11:02
by grim_tales
Some more of Spongebob S2: 4/5
