Page 6 of 11
Posted: 03 Mar 2009, 22:57
by saltysam
Posted: 03 Mar 2009, 23:47
by bradavon
Thanks Salty. Any bargains? I cannot really spot any.
Posted: 04 Mar 2009, 05:15
by Markgway
My Dad told me Zavvi were selling the new Indiana Jones on BD for £8.99.
Posted: 04 Mar 2009, 17:19
by saltysam
bradavon wrote:Thanks Salty. Any bargains? I cannot really spot any.
Death Proof,Reservoir Dogs,Planet Terror,Fearless,District 13, at £11 each aren't bad prices if you wanted two.
Posted: 04 Mar 2009, 19:20
by bradavon
Thanks Salty. DP and RD are tempting.
Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 23:01
by bradavon
Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 23:04
by saltysam
someone posted on the dvdforums that this will be using the same transfer as the uk disc.not sure how accurate that is though.
Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 23:18
by bradavon
Let's hope not. That still leaves both cuts and the extras though.
Posted: 10 Mar 2009, 00:27
by gasteropod
I thought the new one was meant to be a new THX HD master or something, I wouldn't have thought the Optimum UK one was such a master. I'll be interested in seeing if it's true, though.
Posted: 10 Mar 2009, 11:43
by IronMonkey
Aren't you running the risk of getting an English / French cover buying from PlayUSA?
The few times I did order from them put me off because of this, and I haven't bothered since. I've ordered this BD from MovieTyme for £14.99 - I'd rather pay that little bit more and get a decent cover.
Posted: 10 Mar 2009, 12:59
by bradavon
IronMonkey wrote:Aren't you running the risk of getting an English / French cover buying from PlayUSA?
Possibly. I'm not planning to buy it though. I may end up picking it up when it's cheap but am mostly happy with my HD-DVD. As it's T2 I will likely bend though, at a later date.
Not that dual covers bother me.
It's now £15.99 at MT. I'd rather save the cash, if it's just a dual cover. Play also have a French/English link, so I'd say the one above is English only:
http://www.playusa.com/DVD/Region_1/3-/ ... oduct.html
Both £12.99.
Posted: 10 Mar 2009, 13:23
by bradavon
gasteropod wrote:I thought the new one was meant to be a new THX HD master or something, I wouldn't have thought the Optimum UK one was such a master. I'll be interested in seeing if it's true, though.
According to DVD News sites, the USA one is at least. Not that I have any faith in THX. It means very little in reality.
Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 22:12
by bradavon
BDs for £9.99 -
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/3-/2560 ... erprice=12
I went for:
Downfall
Reservoir Dogs: Petrol Can LE
I knew if I waited I'd get this for under a tenner!
Posted: 24 Mar 2009, 00:15
by gasteropod
I might get Planet Terror for £11.99.
Posted: 24 Mar 2009, 13:23
by bradavon
My Reservoir Dogs has shipped

.
Posted: 01 Apr 2009, 11:47
by saltysam
Posted: 01 Apr 2009, 16:58
by grim_tales
D'oh! I posted in the wrong thread! That was part of the Play bargains I mentioned.
They have Zodiac DC for £2.99.
£7.99 is nuts. I thought £9.99 (what I paid for mine) was a great bargain!
Posted: 02 May 2009, 13:45
by saltysam
Posted: 02 Jun 2009, 15:54
by saltysam
Posted: 02 Jun 2009, 16:15
by grim_tales
That's an insane price, shame I already have some of the films.
Posted: 02 Jun 2009, 16:32
by bradavon
Great for a present.
Posted: 02 Jun 2009, 18:18
by saltysam
grim_tales wrote:That's an insane price, shame I already have some of the films.
Buy it and ebay off the ones you already have

Posted: 02 Jun 2009, 19:16
by grim_tales
Well the ones I have (eg Fight Club, Alien, Usual Suspects) are the 2 disc versions of the films or in the case of Alien, the Quadrilogy

Posted: 02 Jun 2009, 21:54
by thelostdragon
WTF? How did miss that? It's a tough decision, though. Shouldn't I just wait for a Blu-Ray release?
Posted: 03 Jun 2009, 12:43
by Markgway
For that price you can buy the set and then sell it when you get the BD.