Page 55 of 152

Posted: 20 Dec 2006, 11:30
by Kurgan
That picture never gets old :lol:

Posted: 20 Dec 2006, 13:47
by tom2681
Bad idea, Mark. Bad idea...

Image

Posted: 20 Dec 2006, 22:59
by Markgway
:lol:

Posted: 23 Dec 2006, 01:41
by tom2681
I won't get the chance to say this on the right day, so here goes:
Merry Christmas to all ! :)

Image

Got last-minute plans with the girlfriend.
We're going to the Alps this afternoon.

300 Kms of road with a useless left foot, and I'm the one who's driving.
Gear changes will be interesting. :lol:

Be back on the 26th.


Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone, eh ?
Image

Take care, guys (and gals) :salute:

Posted: 23 Dec 2006, 01:52
by Yi-Long
tom2681 wrote:I won't get the chance to say this on the right day, so here goes:
Merry Christmas to all ! :)

Image

Got last-minute plans with the girlfriend.
We're going to the Alps this afternoon.

300 Kms of road with a useless left foot, and I'm the one who's driving.
Gear changes will be interesting. :lol:

Be back on the 26th.


Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone, eh ?

Image

Take care, guys (and gals) :salute:
Like what? Like driving past some very deep cliffs with a useless left foot?

Farewell Tom ;)

Have a good Xmas, and make it back alive and well... :)
Who's taking care of the cats btw?

Posted: 23 Dec 2006, 01:55
by Kurgan
And a Joyeux Noël to you too, mon ami :)

Be careful out there :)

Posted: 23 Dec 2006, 08:21
by grim_tales
Joyeux Noel et bonnes vacances, Tom :)

(sp?) :wink:
Take care.

Posted: 23 Dec 2006, 20:36
by Godzooki
Got a new job yesterday, working for the same company as a flex manager subject to accepting t&c's. Main duties will be project work throughout the UK, India and North America.

Cant wait to start!! :D

Posted: 23 Dec 2006, 20:58
by Yi-Long
Tigercage wrote:Got a new job yesterday, working for the same company as a flex manager subject to accepting t&c's. Main duties will be project work throughout the UK, India and North America.

Cant wait to start!! :D
Wow... sounds like a cool job :) Good luck with that...
Damn you're so lucky to have found such a great job which allows you to pick your nose while traveling the world :P

BTW, anyone heard about the massive 200 car pile-up in the south of France? I hope Tom is OK... sounds like something he'd get himself involved in.

Posted: 25 Dec 2006, 16:33
by killerj69
Yi-Long wrote:
Tigercage wrote:Got a new job yesterday, working for the same company as a flex manager subject to accepting t&c's. Main duties will be project work throughout the UK, India and North America.

Cant wait to start!! :D
Wow... sounds like a cool job :) Good luck with that...
Damn you're so lucky to have found such a great job which allows you to pick your nose while traveling the world :P

BTW, anyone heard about the massive 200 car pile-up in the south of France? I hope Tom is OK... sounds like something he'd get himself involved in.
I hope he didnt cause it!!...He was worried about those gear changes with his dodgy left foot wasnt he?? :|

Posted: 26 Dec 2006, 14:08
by tom2681
I hope he didnt cause it!!...He was worried about those gear changes with his dodgy left foot wasnt he??


:lol: :lol:

Nope, wasn't me.
But I think I killed the clutch. :?

Posted: 26 Dec 2006, 16:05
by Markgway
tom2681 wrote:Nope, wasn't me.
But I think I killed the clutch. :?
Well, you shouldn't let your girlfriend play with your stick. :wink:

Posted: 01 Jan 2007, 12:14
by grim_tales
*goes into TV rant*

We keep losing reception all the time on our TV(s) now and it's pissing me off :evil: I don't know whether its the roof ariel, TV point leads or whatever, but this has been happening for a while now (where one minute you have an "OK" picture and then you lose it for no reason).
Could be a dodgy lead, connections, I don't know. But if it happens any more I'll call the ariel repair guy to fix the reception. :roll:

I'd like a de3cent ariel for Freeview/my own bedroom TV point like I used to have.

*End rant*

:D

Posted: 02 Jan 2007, 23:05
by Shen
argh, i gotta write 2, 1500 word essays on Ferris Bueller and The Grudge. God, its hard. i dont like either film! and the narrative and genre are hard to comment about. it sucks more since i missed class so much and the teachers havent sent anywork and pretty much ignored me, so i've got no help on this! damn im struggling only 207 words in on the first one....to be done for tuesday...

*cries*

:shock:

Posted: 02 Jan 2007, 23:40
by Yi-Long
Just check sites like wikipedia etc for inspiration and information...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferris_bueller

When I had to do a simple review on One flew over the Cuckoos Nest, I watched the movie a few times, and read every article about it that was online. I think I also watched all the extra's on the DVD, and not sure if I listened to a commentary or not (not sure), but if it was on the DVD I'm sure I listened to it...

The more you know about something, the more options and angles you'll have about writing something about it...

Posted: 02 Jan 2007, 23:47
by Shen
Yi-Long wrote:Just check sites like wikipedia etc for inspiration and information...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferris_bueller

When I had to do a simple review on One flew over the Cuckoos Nest, I watched the movie a few times, and read every article about it that was online. I think I also watched all the extra's on the DVD, and not sure if I listened to a commentary or not (not sure), but if it was on the DVD I'm sure I listened to it...

The more you know about something, the more options and angles you'll have about writing something about it...
its not the whole movie we write about, just a 7 minute sequence, and the narrative and genre, how it fits what it does etc. doesnt help that i dont like the films. i can give a character analysis, and comment on the linear narrative that it uses. but not really the narrative content. once i get past that, the genre is no problem.

Posted: 03 Jan 2007, 19:55
by bradavon
Pity it's probably fake :D -

Image

Posted: 03 Jan 2007, 20:16
by grim_tales
We had to one of those type of essays Shen, about The Matrix :D Yes the sodding Matrix :D
I enjoyed the film though, much moreso than the 2 sequels.
I'm plesed that I grew to like the films we studied in our course - or at least appreciated them - Millions Like Us, Went The Day Well? etc, for British war movies - Wicker Man is a British classic, and CKE and Chinese Ghost Story (we did them for World Cinema) are tops 8)

Posted: 03 Jan 2007, 20:19
by romerojpg
bradavon wrote:Pity it's probably fake :D -

Image
Nope they are real, theres a whole series of them, even christmas ones :) not in the UK sadly, but they are 100% real.

Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 02:02
by tom2681
This forum is like a sitcom.
All the stereotypes in the world under the same roof.

You've got Gojensen, the wise grandpa who's always saying stuff like "In my days it was different / When you'll grow up, you'll understand).

Tom, the dad, is a psychopathic cat-loving patriotic frenchman who's got a Chow Yun-Fat smiley in his signature. In every episode he gets hit by a car or a tree for no reason.

Brad, the mom, is always afraid of losing her authority on her kids. Plus, she's prone to mood swings.

You've got Shen, the 18-year old girl who thinks she's all grown up.

You've got HungFist, the crazy little finnish boy with a japanese teenagers fetish.

You've got Bisc and Kurgan, the nice quiet indian boys.

You've got LD, the ass-kicking muslim.

You've got Eva and Romero, the foul-mouthed trolls (I guess they're in the sitcom for comic relief).

You've got Toge, the annoying toddler who craps everywhere whenever he's awake. Thankfully, he's only a guest star and appears only in one or two episodes per season.

You've got Grim "I'm sorry" Tales, the friendly neighbour who spends most of his time apologizing to everyone.

Sometimes there's a guest appearance by 68Monkey, the american grandma. Sweet old lady. Is attracted to slim cantonese-speaking stuntmen called Yuen for some reason.

And let's not forget Master Mordib. He comes on from time to time to give some zen advice to Tom and Brad, and then vanishes into thin air.


We should make a TV show out of this:
"Meet the Bulleteers".

We'd make a fortune. :lol:

Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 02:13
by Yi-Long
Nice 'dad' you are, Tom... leaving ME out like that... :?

You french loaf! :evil: :P

Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 02:14
by Yi-Long
tom2681 wrote:
You've got Grim "I'm sorry" Tales, the friendly neighbour who spends most of his time apologizing to everyone.
You forgot he's the near-sighted one who's catch-phrase would be:'Is that Bruce?

:D

Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 02:18
by tom2681
There's no room for dutchies in my sitcom. :D
I can give you a recurring role as a mailman or a garbage man, if you want (you won't have any lines, though).

Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 02:20
by Kurgan
tom2681 wrote:You've got Bisc and Kurgan, the nice quiet indian boys.
Nice? Quiet? Indian? You're only partly right. You bastard.

:D

Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 02:21
by Lourdes
This forum certainly has the strangest users.