Page 56 of 152
Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 02:23
by Kurgan
Please. We're eclectic, eccentric, aberrant. We're certainly not strange.

Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 02:31
by Yi-Long
tom2681 wrote:There's no room for dutchies in my sitcom.
I can give you a recurring role as a mailman or a garbage man, if you want (you won't have any lines, though).
You racist!
All those frenchies are the same!

Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 09:07
by grim_tales
We should write the sitcom now actually.
Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 11:24
by Shen
18? wrong sorry...
if your gonna be a director/screen play writer, at least get the facts straight, sheesh

Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 11:44
by slasher13
Hey Tom where the hell am I in that sitcom then!!!!!!!!!!. I demand to be in it....... otherwise :shock:
Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 12:11
by Kurgan
Shen wrote:18? wrong sorry...
if your gonna be a director/screen play writer, at least get the facts straight, sheesh

Oh yeah, cos
so many directors and writers get their facts spot on before ploughing ahead with production...

Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 12:16
by Shen
theres no need for tom to be sloppy

set an example to the othe directors out there

Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 12:22
by tom2681
18? wrong sorry...
if your gonna be a director/screen play writer, at least get the facts straight
18 is what it says on your DeviantArt résumé.
Who's sloppy now ?

Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 12:29
by Shen
the fact i havent been on there for ages

and i've mentioned a few times my age here. so do your research from more than one source

Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 16:22
by Markgway
And no mention of me...?
I'm truly, deeply hurt.

Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 16:48
by slasher13
Markgway wrote:And no mention of me...?
I'm truly, deeply hurt.

I know your pain Mark...

Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 16:50
by grim_tales
Just noticed Yi's post lampooning me.

Good one.
I seem to pop up an awful lot for someone who's just a neighbour.
I'd probably be lovelorn too by the looks of things.
Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 23:21
by the68monkey
Posted: 04 Jan 2007, 23:34
by bradavon
Tom said I'd had a sex change, at least he got your sex right
romerojpg wrote:Nope they are real, theres a whole series of them, even christmas ones

not in the UK sadly, but they are 100% real.
Where? Any more pics?
tom2681 wrote:This forum is like a sitcom.
All the stereotypes in the world under the same roof.
That's a quality post Tom
I can't believe you left off Yi and Mark. They're insulted you didn't insult them too

Posted: 05 Jan 2007, 16:56
by Shen
Posted: 11 Jan 2007, 19:42
by Shen
just got my new porject for film studies, its awesome, have to make a short film, of one we make up in the horror genre. by short i mean like 2-3 minute clip of a "bigger" film. our group decided on an old silent style film of dracula. got into a bit of an arguement with a girl trying to take control, and throwing out everyones ideas.
i suggested the idea of having a female dracula, that started the argument, cuz she wanted to imitate the 1931 film, when i mentioned creative licensing, i got a lecture about creative licencing being poor in the 1930's. fortunalty the others in the group backed me up that it isnt 1930's its 2007, and we wanted to do a modernish take on the film. but we compromised to do a storyboard for each male and female version and decide then. just think to copy a film is boring, pointless and cheating. cant wait to start tho, i get to do the editing and some of the camera work.
Posted: 11 Jan 2007, 19:46
by grim_tales
Cool

We made short films in Film Studies too (not my group though),
As for a female Dracula, I don't see why you couldn't do that, I mean there was a 1930's Bride of Frankenstien (1935) so why not Dracula?
Posted: 11 Jan 2007, 20:16
by Shen
grim_tales wrote:Cool

We made short films in Film Studies too (not my group though),
As for a female Dracula, I don't see why you couldn't do that, I mean there was a 1930's Bride of Frankenstien (1935) so why not Dracula?
well that was my argument, theres nothing in the "rules" that say dracula cant be female, and i think it would make a change from the stereotypical male character attacking female. and i did disagree with the lack of creative licensing thing in 1930-50's some great things were made then lol. but we'll see how it turns out, i see more arguments coming though, im doing well in film studies, i'm ahead of the class, despite being absent for 8weeks. i'll be damned if some idiot is gonna screw that up.
she just gets on my nerves, throwing out every idea i suggest, any locations was "i have a better idea" so i suggested we spend one day checking out locations, different churches, graveyards etc. the rest agreed so she couldnt say anything against it. one of the girls in the group has a friend at leeds met uni. so hes gonna get some dry ice for us, that should rock.
Posted: 12 Jan 2007, 00:48
by Markgway
Shen wrote:just got my new porject for film studies, its awesome, have to make a short film, of one we make up in the horror genre. by short i mean like 2-3 minute clip of a "bigger" film. our group decided on an old silent style film of dracula. got into a bit of an arguement with a girl trying to take control, and throwing out everyones ideas.
Lol, that scenario brings back nightmares!
A few facts:
Someone will try to take control and piss everyone off
Someone will forget something important
Someone will do bugger all except take breaks
Someone will constantly complain about everything
Someone will disappear at a crucial moment
Someone will not turn up at all
I guarantee you'll all be arguing by the end of the first day.

Posted: 12 Jan 2007, 01:18
by Yi-Long
I agree with Mark. Group projects, especially when you're in school, so not everyone is as motivated as the others..., are just a disaster.
The last few months in school, I had 2 groep-projects, and they had to be with different groups.
First 1, I was the only guy, there was one big fat gothic chick, and 2 muslim girls. I already knew the 2 muslim girls from my class, and we hooked up for the project, and later they added the fat chick, who I didnt know, but they knew her from a year earlier or something, and said she was cool etc.
Well... she wasnt. She was a total bitch, who had some psycho-problems as well (actually missed meetings cause of her appointments with her shrink, etc) and it just caused friction.
When we had already had an idea of what we were gonna do, she would suddenly come up a few days later with something completely different etc, and trying to get her way, and just thinking up dumb-ass ideas all the time, and completely forgetting about we had agreed on what we would want to achieve with our product, etc etc.
One day, she wasnt on school, but she had promised the thing I needed to get going for something we were supposed to show, was in her 'map' (on the server), and ready to be used. Obviously, it was nothing, and it didnt have the font we agreed on, and so I had to go on a huge search and improvise and make something, just so we could show it.
Then a few days later, when she's back at school, we have a meeting with a teacher, my improvised thing comes up, and she starts making a fucking deal of how what I have wasnt what we had agreed on(!) No fucking shit, you fat bastard sherlock! Man, I snapped right in front of the teacher and just told her: get the fuck outta here. I have THIS cause you didnt do YOUR thing and werent here! Teacher was a bit in a shock btw.
I thought that taught her, but then days later she clicked me on MSN (we agreed to add eachother on MSN in order to be able to quickly communicate whenw e were at home) and starts insulting me and saying i was pretending to be king and boss of the group etc... ( I wasnt, btw. One of the muslim girls was team-leader and boss, and I was determined to just do my own stuff and not get too involved in it all, cause I've been forced into the leader position far too many times, and it's just always a hassle)
Anyway, I just copy-pasted the whole msn conversation, and send it to the group, saying this isnt the way I wanna work on this project.
Ofcourse then she accused me of forwarding private messages, even though she was the one at the start of the project who insisted that ALL the private email between teammembers, would be send to everyone in the group (which at the time I already felt was a dumb idea, but she insisted, so now she was confronted by the results of her own dumb-ass idea)
Anyway, the other 2 girls also found her behaviour (not just her behaviour towards me, but also her coming up with new stuff, staying away when we had agreed to meet, etc etc) to be 'disturbing' etc.
We did manage to get an OK grade for our project, and me and the fat chick got along a bit better towards the end of the project, but still... it really shows how annoying it is to work with a group. Or how annoying it can be, when not working with the right people.
2nd project was with 2 friends from my class, and a japanese girls I'm friends with, from another class. There the problem was that the 2 guys didnt do very much. Japanese girl worked hard, but was often late, but for me that wasnt a problem, and the others didnt mind it either. But when she was there, she always worked harder then the 2 guys.
In the end, I had done 4 or 5 of the 8 assignments, the girl did 2, 1 guy had made 2 very mediocre webpages (not 2 websites, just 2 PAGES), and 1 guy had pretty much done nothing.
We failed that assignment btw, because it had taken us so long to complete it, we were done on 1 day before our scheduled presentation... but then the printer and plotter both broke down, we couldnt print it, etc etc...
Groupprojects just suck major ass...
Posted: 12 Jan 2007, 01:26
by thelostdragon
Hey Shen, what more motivation could you ask for? Now go and work on that film, will ya?

Posted: 12 Jan 2007, 01:36
by Yi-Long
thelostdragon wrote:Hey Shen, what more motivation could you ask for? Now go and work on that film, will ya?

Shen should just vote the bossy bitch out of the group ASAP

Posted: 12 Jan 2007, 01:39
by Markgway
Lol, I was about Shen's age when I was doing these projects and I got to the stage (quite quickly) where I didn't give a shit. I'm somewhat more robust now.

Posted: 12 Jan 2007, 02:00
by Yi-Long
Markgway wrote:Lol, I was about Shen's age when I was doing these projects and I got to the stage (quite quickly) where I didn't give a shit. I'm somewhat more robust now.

Well... I sure as hell DID give a shit, cause my grade was depending on it. Theirs was as well, but some already knew they didnt give a shit about their grade or the project.
It's just sad that my future is/was depending on a groupproject, and thus on people who dont care...
Anyway, like I said, we failed that last project cause we couldnt print it out in time, so I had to do a whole new project after the summerbreak to still get my diploma. I was pretty pissed about that. But after killing a few teachers,and beating a few more, I kinda felt a bit better...
Posted: 12 Jan 2007, 08:16
by Shen
hehehe
yes i hate group projects, i dont socialize well, and prefer to work by myself, atleast then i dont have to rely on anyone else but me to get the work done. already we cant get together on any one day becuase everyone else has other things to do. which fair enough classes and stuff we cant help but otherwise it wouldnt hurt to put something on hold for one day to be able to go shooting locations and stuff. first group project i've had to do since i started college and i've been dreading it ever since they mentioned that it was coming up.
unfortunatley we dont really have a choice in group members. we managed to get a pretty good group i know one girl there well and she is well connected to the drama students and has friends at uni in the science department, so we can get actors and dry ice possibly and shes pretty cool. the other girl is less interested in everything, i worked with her once on a small project putting together a chart about movies, she did fuck all but sit and play with her cell phone. she'd just best not do this again this is a bigger, more important part of our course. i think our essays are 60% and the film 40% of the first unit so its too much to throw away on a half assed job. (we then have 2 exams worth 50% each or something)
have a class today for film, the girl who likes to take control isnt there for some reason, so basically it'll just be me and the other girl, unless the 3rd one decides to put there presence in and help out.
oh and eventually they put our films on youtube
